PDA

View Full Version : *crickets*

MEMANIAsama
02-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Is everyone busy with Soul Calibur and Final Fantasy?

howelcb
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I tried multiplayer last night. Didn't find a single game. Its reviews aren't helping either. IGN said it was awful.

TheThreeStooges
02-01-2012, 11:31 PM
I played it and let me put it this way there a some games that should never even be thought of, This one seems very Assed out I wont even say it was half assed its straight up assed, I mean gameplay is meh but the really annoying kicker are the times you lose your head the bosses seem and feel very rep and once again I lose my head and gotta go get it, If your curious rent I would advise people not to purchase it till you rent it, There were some real bad games out but nothing takes the cake like this one

BlackRiderRazil
02-02-2012, 02:12 AM
The problem is, NeverDead isn't really bad. Its also not really good. The mixed reviews pretty well spell out the whole story: you'll either like it or you won't. Personally, I like it enough that I don't regret the purchase, but I wouldn't recommend it at full price to most anyone else.

For me, the minute to minute gameplay is mostly fun, though just how fragile Bryce is gets annoying. I also like the skill slot system, and the story (what little there is) reminds me a of middle ground anime. However, therein lies my biggest fault with the game. Its by Rebellion, a British developer, and yet so aggressively trying to be a Japanese styled action game that its almost painful. It feels like this idea in the hands of a good Japanese studio like Platinum would be insanely good.

So basically:
Pros - Mostly fun gameplay, decent look, interesting ideas, pretty damn good controls
Cons - Lots of wasted potential, tries to hard to be something its not, over reliance on the dismemberment causes a great deal of frustration in already over long boss fights

Dz06lt
02-02-2012, 02:34 AM
its terrible thats why no one cares

MEMANIAsama
02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Wow, I think some people here are being a bit harsh. BlackRider nailed it though.