PDA

View Full Version : How is the DLC?

Mr360xX
02-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Just wondering what people think of the Ryder White's Campaign DLC. Is it any good or should I just save my money?

devoidofreality
02-02-2012, 08:40 PM
I breezed through it in an afternoon not impressed at all. Single player only, which just doesn't work considering Dead Island is all about the co-op.

All the areas are just recycled from the main campaign and it's tediously linear. No character progression and a reduced range of mods for the weapons.

Personal gripe of mine was the inclusion of sewer bits which really annoyed me and constantly spawning infected in some areas make anything other than running from point a to b very annoying.

I'd suggest you wait until it is dotw.

Nevander
02-04-2012, 05:17 AM
No achievements means no buy which means save your money. All DLC (except maybe map packs for CoD) should have achievements.

JuSt BLaZe
02-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Haha nice poll results. Now why I'm not surprised.

Drucifer82
02-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Personal gripe of mine was the ....constantly spawning infected in some areas make anything other than running from point a to b very annoying.

I'd suggest you wait until it is dotw.

That's how I felt about the Quarantine in Moresby while playing the main game. I literally lost $8,000+ on my first run through from respawn penalties. I really hate the Infected.

Gdog_Dynasty
02-15-2012, 10:59 PM
I would not recommend this dlc until it is on deal of the week. Too much money for too little content and no achievements. If you want it for the story then wait until it is on dotw to pick it up. I picked it up before I realized there were no achievements and wish I would have waited.

SIMPLYMIDGET
02-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Not sure, with no achievements, I just can't buy. I know I know, "If you like the game enough who cares about achievements." But I feel something is missing now, achievements have changed the way I game forever.

waxc3
08-07-2012, 05:12 AM
overall its good. good story and good gameplay. lots of ammo so gunplay is more so than the main story. explains back story of main campaign.

negatives are: no xp. few mods. exploration is punished (nonstop infected often in city). no achievements. end is over fast (since he dies in main campaign).

UberPirateNinja
08-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah, cheers for the spoilers there fella.

ginge88isfun
08-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Damn i'm glad I picked up the GOTY edition for 15 near enough brand new today, probably just saved a packet with the DLC.