PDA

View Full Version : I remember this game taking longer to complete when I was younger

kmk978
02-03-2012, 02:18 AM
like it only took me a few hours but when I was younger I remember it lasting a lot longer.

Ninja Sharingan
02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
like it only took me a few hours but when I was younger I remember it lasting a lot longer.

Did you watch all the cutscenes and radio transmissions? Im halfway thru the plant chapter and its taken me about 2hrs so far, but i have been pissing about with guards etc. maybe your just keen to get onto snake eater :-) know i am!

BosmaniaK
02-03-2012, 07:11 PM
[spoiler ALERT]

LOL
when you skip every cinematic yes, you can complete it in a few hours.
though I find most of the beauty of MGS in the cut-scenes and codec-conversations.
It's been years since I played MGS2. can't believe how much I forgot about the plot and plot-twists

I just defeated the Rays near the end and I have "played" over 10 hours.

Ninja Sharingan
02-04-2012, 12:10 PM
sweet! Im just gonna do a quick run thru of them all so i can get to pw, never played that one so really looking forward to it. i know this is one that will always stay in my collection! remember most of the plot twists of 2 & 3 so really looking forward to what backstabbing, defecting, betraying secrets that pw has!

metallicorphan
02-04-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm pretty rusty i gotta say i have it on Normal and it took me 2 and a half hours to get through the Tanker level,getting used to the controls for one but i also spent half hour going for the level 3 grip achievement,forgetting that it gets reset for Raiden

d'oh!!

gmcb007
02-05-2012, 07:36 PM
This time around I have listened carefully to every transmission (and constanly rung to get more) and watched all the cut scenes. The story makes a lot more sense now. I too have been a bit rusty and completely forgot you strt off the plant in normal without a gun!

kmk978
02-09-2012, 03:37 AM
ok sorry guys. Its been awhile since I first played and I thought that fatman was the last boss. Silly me hahahaha

Assassinranger
03-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Yep, I remember it lasting longer too, I don't know why but I played the Tank chapter 3 times already to get all the collectables now I am playing the Plant on very easy, then will play on later dificulties, to then play MGS3.

Oscar Leung
03-27-2012, 02:21 AM
That's true, when i was young, it took me more than 10 hours to finish in normal level in 1st run through.

besides the cut sences and codec conversation, i spent most of the time in collecting dog tag.

d0ct0rscarecr0w
03-27-2012, 03:22 AM
ok sorry guys. Its been awhile since I first played and I thought that fatman was the last boss. Silly me hahahaha
<.< welp.

anyway, it's a lot longer then MGS which if you skip the cutscene you can beat in less then 3 hours easy.

Duder
05-29-2012, 02:13 PM
I noticed that too! And it becomes even shorter if you skip the cut-scenes etc. Well I least I had more and longer fun with it when it was new.

Zapher
05-08-2014, 03:15 PM
honestly i felt the same. however i skipped most the cutscenes XD

jesuiandre
05-13-2014, 01:11 PM
the achievements part is still sooooo longgggggggggggg to get....