PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a season pass?

Breeding
02-03-2012, 11:43 PM
I hope Bioware/EA do a season pass for DLC in this game. I'm not certain what the total cost of all the Mass Effect 2 DLC was, had you purchased it all day 1, but I'd pay $20-$30 upfront to get everything for this game and be done.

I'm not sure how much DLC they plan on releasing since this is the end of Shepard's story, which to me means he'll be valiantly sacrificing himself at the end of the game.

cjdavies
02-03-2012, 11:47 PM
No, I like to know what the DLC is first.

Like for example the Gears of War 3, out of the 3 so far I only like RAAM's Shadow, and will be getting this on it's own.

Snoop QC
02-03-2012, 11:47 PM
It depends on how many DLCs and add-on they would make for the game. But since it's one of my favorite games I wouldn't mind too much about buying it.

jules the great
02-04-2012, 12:03 AM
No, I like to know what the DLC is first.

Like for example the Gears of War 3, out of the 3 so far I only like RAAM's Shadow, and will be getting this on it's own.
Yanno I actually would care what is was. I'd buy a pass in a second no question EXCEPT how much DLC had roughly what it was. Missions? MP maps? I'd just want to know that first.

RDrules
02-04-2012, 12:42 AM
i would buy it after the release of the DLC i think, i wouldnt straight up because i dont want MP maps or anything like that just single player content and if got it an most of t he DLC was for multiplayer i would be pissed

cjdavies
02-04-2012, 12:44 AM
i would buy it after the release of the DLC i think, i wouldnt straight up because i dont want MP maps or anything like that just single player content and if got it an most of t he DLC was for multiplayer i would be pissed

Excatly the reason why I only like RAAM's Shadow for Gears of War 3, I only prefer single player content.

fastNcurious
02-04-2012, 01:15 AM
Nah. As much as I may love a game, I'm stingy and hardly ever buy DLCs, especially not for single player games. I'm the person who (if I love or expect to love a game) buys it new on day one (or week one), plays the heck out of it, then trades it in while the trade-in value is still high. Recycle that money into getting another game. I love the ME games, but I also love variety.

hydrosugar
02-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Couldn't even if I wanted to atm. I probably wouldn't any way though, I would like to know some details about the DLC first.

Dz06lt
02-04-2012, 03:07 AM
yeah i probably would, as long as they are mostly campain related and not just armor and weapon packs

Rivercurse
02-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I'd definitely buy it.

Then again i'd probably buy a tampax if it had a Mass Effect logo.

Mighty Goliath89
02-04-2012, 09:36 AM
I would conisder buying it if I have enough money and if they do a better job than epic at making it feel exclusive for buying a season pass >.>

The Bum-Mobile
02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I probably would.

Scotty
02-04-2012, 09:22 PM
i dont think i would or at least i would wait to see what they bring out. i will defo be getting all single player DLC, probably any weapons/armour DLC aswell but i wont be getting anything coop so i would probably end up paying more for it than just getting the ones i want separately. but if the majority turn out to be stuff i want then i would probably get it.

ChosenOne
02-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Heck yes. I would definitely buy one. I love all of the Mass Effect 2 DLC.

N7 Shadow
02-05-2012, 05:58 AM
Yeah, I'd buy it. No questions asked. ;)

Captain Urahara
02-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Absolutely.

Personally I thought that every story/mission piece of DLC, aside from Pinnacle Station, was fantastic. I would be a bit more weary if a majority of the DLC would be co-op stuff, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the co-op so I would still buy the pass.

13ip0lar
02-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I like most would probably consider it, but I really like to know what I'm getting before I spend $30-$45.

Lord Montymort
02-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Excatly the reason why I only like RAAM's Shadow for Gears of War 3, I only prefer single player content.

sigh...really? You bought the Season Pass for a game that's main focus is Multiplayer and are surprised/annoyed that the DLC is more Multiplayer focused? Had you played a Gears of War game before 3?

Anyway, yes. If they offered up a season pass for Mass Effect 3 I would buy it the second it was added to the Marketplace. I know I would buy all the DLC for ME3 at there individual releases anyway, just as I did the DLC for the first two games (with the exception of the outfit packs) so I might as well get a discount for them.

cjdavies
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
sigh...really? You bought the Season Pass for a game that's main focus is Multiplayer and are surprised/annoyed that the DLC is more Multiplayer focused? Had you played a Gears of War game before 3?

Anyway, yes. If they offered up a season pass for Mass Effect 3 I would buy it the second it was added to the Marketplace. I know I would buy all the DLC for ME3 at there individual releases anyway, just as I did the DLC for the first two games (with the exception of the outfit packs) so I might as well get a discount for them.

No I didn't buy the season pass, because I like to see what it is before.

I wouldn't have played Gears 3 without playing the first 2.

I purchased the DLC for Gears 2 for the MP maps to complete Horde on Snowblind etc but since then I prefer SP.

WipeoutBoy1
02-05-2012, 12:42 PM
If its all SP DLC then yes otherwise no. But i'll probably buy it anyway as its mass effect.

tankoman
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I will buy it, but if there's multiplayer dlc, then well, i'll have to consider it. For me Mass Effect 3 is going to be a single player experience like the others.

Vindicator51
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
No, i wouldn't buy a Season Pass for Mass Effect. Simple reason is the support each game has received.

sera07
02-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Need more information first. I may get it, but no way telling how much - what if they sell it with MSP2000 with only a few achs?

Rivercurse
02-05-2012, 02:40 PM
If its all SP DLC then yes otherwise no. But i'll probably buy it anyway as its mass effect.

They've definitely comfirmed there's gonna be some MP DLC

Delirium1138
02-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I would definitely purchase a season pass for ME3 if they released one. I'd get all of the DLC eventually anyways.

garycbelleville
02-05-2012, 05:07 PM
No absolutly not, As some have already stated I am also a single player gamer. I like missions not team gang ups on strangers online. So I wouldn't want any multi player stuff. I also don't see the need to but a hat or a coat or glasses for a character no, a new mission yes that I would and already did do with Assassin's Creed dlc. But for me a prepaid card buying everything in advance I wouldn't buy. I do respect those who would though. I am just an amatur gamer to begin with.

Cooljoe
02-06-2012, 01:13 AM
At a reasonable price, yes. If it's 20, I'll wait for a price drop. Either that or get it with pre order is best. Hopefully it will be with pre order.

dark wing
02-06-2012, 01:39 AM
It depends on the quality and length of the DLC content. If it's mostly multiplayer DLC, then no i'd put my MS points into something i'd probably play more.

I don't wan't to be cheated out of my money either. Where we only get two - three pieces of DLC and the rest of them you have to get separately.

Opiate42
02-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes.

I know I will play the living hell out of the game and unless the pass content is just batches of costume packs I'll use it. I bought and used everything ME2 had available except the later costume pack([s]? how many were there? 2? 3?), only bought the one with Garrus' new suit because the gf at the time felt sorry for him.

Tai_MT
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I didn't buy the last "Season Pass" that existed. Gears of War 3 in terms of multiplayer is mostly "meh", though it is the best multiplayer experience of the three games.

In terms of Mass Effect....

DLC is always "sparsely released". I didn't even get ANY of the DLC for Mass Effect 2 until just before the Arrival DLC came out.

I prefer to get all the DLC at once if I can, especially since it takes up so much space on my harddrive.

I still have one of those old original Xbox 360s that came with like 12 gigs on it and that was it. With ME2 currently taking up 4.8 gigs of my Harddrive... Well, I'm hard-pressed to get DLC for anything.

Especially since most DLC is so mind-numbingly boring/long that it's really not worth getting, even for the achievements.

I'd buy the DLC for ME3 separately and as I could afford it/wanted to play it.

niko da bos
02-06-2012, 08:32 PM
I'd definitely buy it.

Then again i'd probably buy a tampax if it had a Mass Effect logo.

lmfao, i want to sig this soo bad. but i will restrain myself, that post was just so halarious i had to chime in.

even though mass effect is the love of my life, i dont think i will ever buy a season pass. online MP is something i rarely do, and at that rarely enjoy. of course i would get DLC if they released it, i have no problem paying seperately for that. the whole "online pass" theme is just not going to work with me. i refuse to pay more for a game online, when i already paid for XBL, the xbox, and the game. not gonna happen, :P

RDrules
02-06-2012, 09:35 PM
lmfao, i want to sig this soo bad. but i will restrain myself, that post was just so halarious i had to chime in.

even though mass effect is the love of my life, i dont think i will ever buy a season pass. online MP is something i rarely do, and at that rarely enjoy. of course i would get DLC if they released it, i have no problem paying seperately for that. the whole "online pass" theme is just not going to work with me. i refuse to pay more for a game online, when i already paid for XBL, the xbox, and the game. not gonna happen, :P

A season pass isnt an online pass

Its where you buy all DLC up front for a cheaper price then receive each when they are released

Rivercurse
02-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Yep. Most of the DLC they release will be single player. I can see a 'map pack' equivalent or two, maybe a new MP class; but the majority will still be SP.

Robobeast76
02-06-2012, 10:30 PM
I have 100% achievement for ME1, ME2 and PS3 trophy completion on ME2. I will buy any and all DLC content for this game.

ExtremeRugburn
02-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I would definately buy a season pass day one for ME3. I bought Gears3 season pass and am very happy that I did. It was nice knowing that the dlc was all paid for and all I had to do was download it day one. Plus it was cheaper with the pass and I got some weapon skins.

Matt36
02-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Nah, I wouldn't. Its taken this long to play Mass Effect 1 to the end, let alone the DLC with it. I just wouldn't get my moneys worth.

McLoopy
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I wish I hadn't got the season pass for GoW3, I've only really got use out of Raam's Shadow, that said I've bought and enjoyed every playable ME/ME2 DLC (No wep or armor packs) so I might be tempted for this.

ShadowSonic85
02-10-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry but with all this money I've been spending I'm just going to have to throw more at Mass Effect for the pass so yes I will be getting it

Darth Taral
02-11-2012, 09:49 PM
YES I would get a pass in a heart beat as long as it gave me some kinda of a discount in the long run on dlc. but if i pay 20 bucks or more for a season pass and only get like 2 dlcs and then a bunch os skins for my charters I will be a little upset.

eli1277
02-12-2012, 01:39 PM
normally no I wouldn't get a season pass, but seems how I have become a Mass Effect addict I would for this game and do not care what the content is. Never been this excited for a new release game in my life.

SicklyPlague
02-13-2012, 01:43 PM
No, i would rather hear feedback from others as to what dlc is worth buying then to risk a lot of money on dlc that may be decent excellent or utter crap. Dont get me wrong i love mass effect but after buying 2 (well technically 3 since i got the cerberus code for free in my used copy) only 1 of them was worth the cost (lair of the shadowbroker.)so i would rather wait.

crAsh kun
02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
I guess I would.
I bought all ME1 and ME2's DLC (except a couple of weapons), and I know I will buy all of ME3's DLC too, even if they are not useful or multiplayer oriented.
So yes, given Season Passes usually have a little extra bonus, I would get one.