PDA

View Full Version : Defeating the "Guard" *SPOILERS*

Wriggy
08-15-2007, 09:13 AM
*There is SPOILERS in this thread so please don't read if you don't want the game spoilt for you*

I am 15% through the game for those of you wanting to know.

Sorry I can't be more descriptive but I've just come from London City to go to Yokohama (the city which was covered in ice) and I've just met Yuki again. I go down to the Military place, turn left to find a big "brain" like creature. I have 3 characters with 1HP :mad: so the first thing I do is cure them (during battle, if there's a way to cure outside of battle please tell me!). I have the low HP because on the way there I was "Caught off Guard" so many times.

When I go into battle with it, I always end up having 1-on-1 which I can never win at as I'm always poisoned.

I was thinking of going back to the Heal point at London City but then I'd probably get "caught off guard" again!

So basically, I need tips on how to defeat the "brain-like" creature or how to heal all my characters before I go into battle!

Thanks in advance.

Zef
08-15-2007, 10:12 AM
If you run out of VP (I think) then your characters will start with 1HP in the next battle. So you need to replenish their VP outside of a fight.

Normally your health is restored for every fight, it doesn't 'carry over' between them. At least that is how I remember it.

Wriggy
08-15-2007, 02:58 PM
If you run out of VP (I think) then your characters will start with 1HP in the next battle. So you need to replenish their VP outside of a fight.

Normally your health is restored for every fight, it doesn't 'carry over' between them. At least that is how I remember it.

The HP and VP is 1 on all three of my characters :mad: (each one apart from Astuma)

Wreckon Dracgon
08-15-2007, 03:06 PM
The HP and VP is 1 on all three of my characters :mad: Your screwed then my friend. You can try and run back to the city and exit out of any battles but if you're levels are so low to the point that you are getting caught off guard then they'll attack first and you'll die. Exiting out of battles causes you to lose HP and VP and with only 1 on every character it just won't work. You're best bet is to run a little bit and save, run a bit more and save hoping to get back to either a store to buy some HP or VP or get to a refresh terminal. There is a shop back to the left of the table before you fight Amazonia (the brain like creature as you called her) go there and hopefully you have enough money to buy some healing or VP restoring items.

sawman90
08-15-2007, 07:07 PM
WARNING I dont even get what I just typed.. send me a FR and I will walk you through it.

I'm about 21% into the game, and I couldn't beat that guy at first. I was level 9 if I can remember, I had Atsuma, and the big green guy with the big sword (sorry I only know the name of the main character right now..)
and the chick that was in jail with you. but the way I beat this big brain guy is the type of Golem I had, its the one that looks like a puppy dog and its blue.. I used this guy to poison the big brain so he couldn't move from the middle where he is standing I healed Atsuma and the big sword guy so the next time they could attack, I mainly use Atsuma to kill him has he keeps attack the big sword guy, keep healing him even tho your not using him. (make sure Atsuma is close up to attack the brain and the sword guy is off in the back so he cant hit you both) hahahahaha I'm really sorry if you don't get any of that... if you send me a friend request I will walk you through it.

alex4283
08-16-2007, 06:42 AM
if you can make it back to the city, then what you should do is put as 3 golems with the highest vp in your party along with atsuma. Then just escape all the way going back to the creature wasting the useless golem's vp. Swap golems as necessary, but do not continually escape using the party you plan to fight the creature with. Not sure if you can buy them this point in the game, but look for a god's vigor at the shop.

Wriggy
08-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks for all your tips. I'm going to go back to the city and hope for the best!

I wish I saved it at the city :mad:

EDIT:
I went back to the city escaping from 3 battles and healed. Then to get my level up a bit, I walked out the gate till I got to a duel and turned back (where I had a few more duels). I bought some Curing Powder (if that's any good) whilst I was at the Military Camp.