PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Damages achvmnt issue

Deadly Mynx
02-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Replayed the game 7x's now and have done multiple chapter select.I have destroyed everything I came across,including every single light bulb,car,wall,ceiling,statue,chair,etc.Considering the fact that on my 1ST playthrough,I unlocked the $100,000 damage one very early on in the museum,and also got the achvmnt for NOT destroying more than 25% of relics,you'd think that by 7 plays I'd have done more than $1million in damage.It just won't unlock.I've replayed Museum a ton of times and obliterated the whole thing.I notice on other sites that very few gamers have the criminal damage achvmnt.I emailed Konami about it and they said they'd look into it and patch if needed.
Are lot of other gamers having trouble with this one? If so,please email Konami so they fix it.

cheevo360
02-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Replayed the game 7x's now and have done multiple chapter select.I have destroyed everything I came across,including every single light bulb,car,wall,ceiling,statue,chair,etc.Considering the fact that on my 1ST playthrough,I unlocked the $100,000 damage one very early on in the museum,and also got the achvmnt for NOT destroying more than 25% of relics,you'd think that by 7 plays I'd have done more than $1million in damage.It just won't unlock.I've replayed Museum a ton of times and obliterated the whole thing.I notice on other sites that very few gamers have the criminal damage achvmnt.I emailed Konami about it and they said they'd look into it and patch if needed.
Are lot of other gamers having trouble with this one? If so,please email Konami so they fix it.

Hmmm strange as for me no problem. Achievement unlock right away in begin of final chapter in my first playthrough just before go into buliding. I had done break everythings from chapter 1 to final chapter so achievement pop up for me fine.

Maybe you need replay few more or start new game+ in new game campaign so when in new game+ make sure you break every single things from chapter 1 to final chapter maybe work then. If nothing at all then maybe your achievement is glitched. But I don't think so it is just patience until it is unlock. If it is glitched to some. I hope Konami and Rebellion will fixes it but I don't think they will since game not as good and I am knowledge is that game will not good sellings if not good sellings mean they can't bother to patch it.

Look at Konami didn't let patch for some cheevos in Hellboy back in 2008 also this game not good so Konami haven't done patch it anyway so will be same for NeverDead.

So try email them see if they will do about. Good luck for email them :)

Deadly Mynx
02-05-2012, 09:22 PM
^Thank you.I restarted it again today.I'm doing exactly like you said to.Going to take it slower and make certain I don't miss a single breakable item.If it doesn't unlock by final chapter the only other thing I can think of to do would be to delete the user data save from my hard drive and start fresh.I had the game do alot of strange glitches on me.It failed chapters for no reason,even in Arcadias apartment&my character fell through solid ground many times causing me to have to reload.Hope it unlocks this time,can't take many more playthroughs.:)

Deadly Mynx
02-06-2012, 05:13 PM
CHEEVO360,I finally unlocked it on an 8th playthrough exactly where you said that yours unlocked,on Destroyed Streets level.This time through,I used the abilitiy "demolition bullets" as soon as I could purchase it,and upgraded it to the ++ one as it became available.Made a huge difference in just how much actually got destroyed.Thank you for your tip.:woop:

cheevo360
02-06-2012, 11:57 PM
CHEEVO360,I finally unlocked it on an 8th playthrough exactly where you said that yours unlocked,on Destroyed Streets level.This time through,I used the abilitiy "demolition bullets" as soon as I could purchase it,and upgraded it to the ++ one as it became available.Made a huge difference in just how much actually got destroyed.Thank you for your tip.:woop:

Hey awesome and well done finally you done it!!! :)

You welcome of course :woop::drunk

jpg30
02-17-2012, 03:56 AM
i read on trueachievements.com on a solution for this was that u have to get the $1million damage on 1 playthrough which may be the answer as to why replaying chapters seem to unlock it.

im not confirming this, im just explaining what solution they have put.

EDIT: just out of interest to those who have unlocked it, did u have any of the extra XP abilities on? im just thinking if it's for doing $1million damage then would the XP abilites X the damage cost?

EDIT: got the achievement now, it unlocked just after i beat sullivan, i shot a few items in the next room and the achievement unlocked, it does seem like u may need to do it in 1 playthrough, i hit everything i found to destroy.

larry69r
03-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Hey Peoples im getting mixed reviews from many different sources about this achievement. I have played through the story many a time now destroying everything i can and it still has not popped for me.

I have noticed people saying on the destroyed streets level and another person after the first level. i really don't want to play the campaign again.

Any time of conformation and either its one play through or can be done on multiple playthroughs or chapter replays would be muchly appreciated.

larry69r
03-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Hey also another question what difficulty was everyone playing on when they unlocked this achievement.

larry69r
03-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Ok last post.

I have 110% figured this achievement out.

On ONE play through destroy as much as you can if you don't get it don't worry though.DO NOT START A NEW CAMPAIGN if you don't unlock it this will RESET your total amount of stuff destroyed.

Instead just REPLAY chapters until it unlocks.

I played through the campaign multiple times and have since learned this error.

If you want proof check my Gamer card i have the achievement.

EOD Larry69r

Molneze3
06-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Ok last post.

I have 110% figured this achievement out.

On ONE play through destroy as much as you can if you don't get it don't worry though.DO NOT START A NEW CAMPAIGN if you don't unlock it this will RESET your total amount of stuff destroyed.

Instead just REPLAY chapters until it unlocks.

I played through the campaign multiple times and have since learned this error.

If you want proof check my Gamer card i have the achievement.

EOD Larry69r

This method is NOT 110% sure for everyone. It did NOT work for me on Multiple attempts.
To this date, every single method that is out there for this particular achievement I have tried. I still don't have it. I'm on my 10th play-through. I have gone to every different achievement site and searched the forums on different methods.
I have beat the game, used every ability for damage and demolition, replayed chapters tons of times (Museum level 22 times on REPLAY).
I have created a NEW GAME on another separate memory card and started over. I just finished my 3rd play through on that memory destroying EVERYTHING in a level before i proceed... NOTHING.
I even DELETED EVERY NEVERDEAD FILE I HAVE... and started from scratch again... NOTHING!!
I have gone through the campaign slowly on every difficulty. I have even gone through using ONLY the blowgun once, and only using the pistols once. YES WHOLE GAME FIRING ONLY PISTOLS - just to see. NOTHING!

This achievement has glitched for me soooooo bad. And i'm just too damn stubborn to give up :uzi: ahhhhhhhhh!

NEO CRIMS0N
11-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Got this achievement on my "first" playthrough. It popped for me on level 6, Agency HQ, about halfway through the level. What I had been doing up to this point is shooting EVERYTHING THAT CAME UP AS YELLOW in my crosshairs. Enemies show up as red, allies as green, and destroyable objects show up as yellow. And when I say I shot everything yellow, I mean EVERYTHING YELLOW. From lightbulbs to ceiling fans, to clocks and even trashbags (level 5). Also, sometimes shooting it once wasn't enough, so I would shoot whatever was left if it continued showing as yellow. Big chunks of concrete turned smaller and smaller until either vanishing or no longer appearing as yellow in the crosshairs.

I replayed chapter 2, museum, because the first time I played it I went for the destroy less than 25% achievement (didnt pop of course >.>) so did it again and shot everything I could. After beating my replay of chapter 2, i hit continue instead of quit just incase it would help to save the progress i made. The best advice is to stop at every doorway and try to shoot anything you can before entering a new hallway/area. That way you arent letting the enemies take credit for destroying things. And when in battle, keep destroying anything you can! That was my #1 priority and thankfully the achievement unlocked. Word of warning though, stopping every two steps to scan the entire room for destroyable objects is horribly boring and ruins what little fun you might have playing this game...but it gets the achievement done faster..so take your pick.

Earthbound_X
11-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Got this achievement on my "first" playthrough. It popped for me on level 6, Agency HQ, about halfway through the level. What I had been doing up to this point is shooting EVERYTHING THAT CAME UP AS YELLOW in my crosshairs. Enemies show up as red, allies as green, and destroyable objects show up as yellow. And when I say I shot everything yellow, I mean EVERYTHING YELLOW. From lightbulbs to ceiling fans, to clocks and even trashbags (level 5). Also, sometimes shooting it once wasn't enough, so I would shoot whatever was left if it continued showing as yellow. Big chunks of concrete turned smaller and smaller until either vanishing or no longer appearing as yellow in the crosshairs.

I replayed chapter 2, museum, because the first time I played it I went for the destroy less than 25% achievement (didnt pop of course >.>) so did it again and shot everything I could. After beating my replay of chapter 2, i hit continue instead of quit just incase it would help to save the progress i made. The best advice is to stop at every doorway and try to shoot anything you can before entering a new hallway/area. That way you arent letting the enemies take credit for destroying things. And when in battle, keep destroying anything you can! That was my #1 priority and thankfully the achievement unlocked. Word of warning though, stopping every two steps to scan the entire room for destroyable objects is horribly boring and ruins what little fun you might have playing this game...but it gets the achievement done faster..so take your pick.

Yeah, the game was more fun on my hardcore playthrough, since I didn't have to stop every two steps to shoot something.

SpinelesS
02-07-2013, 05:25 PM
After I completed the game I didn't have this achievement so after getting all the other achievements I missed (other than big spender, difficulty level's and endangered species) I replayed the Museum chapter, shooting everything, and continuing on to the next level at the end of the chapter and the achievement popped for me when I was in the gas room of the police station.

So I can confirm that replaying chapters will net you the achievement (though it is possible each level only add's your highest damage to the total, so replaying the same level over and over might not help at all)

CellFrame
08-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Here's a little help for anyone who's having problems getting the Criminal Damages achievment:

I can confirm 100% that damage done in this game is not accumulative, which means you cannot do more than 100% damage per mission, so replaying the same mission over and over will not net you the achievement. Furthermore, I can confirm 100% that damage caused by enemies does NOT count towards this achievement.

First of all: Beat the game on any difficulty to unlock all abilities and to get the bowguns. After that, start grinding for XP to be able to buy all abilities. I suggest using the SwordPig grinding method on the Asylum chapter as described here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=423760 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=423760)
You need to buy all abilities, including the last one, Never Dismembered, which will be extremmely useful on your way to getting the achievement.

Important: Don't start a new game before getting the achievement - ever. Starting a new game will reset the damage counter and you will lose both the bowguns and the Never Dismembered ability. Make use of chapter replay to get the achievement.

Equip the Never Dismembered, Demolition Bullets and Monosight abilities and the bowguns in both hands. The crosshairs will turn yellow when over an item that can be destroyed.

To get the achievement, you will need to dedicate an entire playthrough to primarily destroying objects while ignoring the enemies - this is where the Never Dismembered ability will come in handy, as you can shoot things instead of rolling on the floor and collecting your body parts.

You can do the majority of the damage on chapters 1 to 5. Shoot at everything - don't forget the ceilings, lights and displays. Make sure YOU get credit for destroying objects - not your enemies. Try shooting things in a room before entering it. When you enter a room and enemies spawn, don't fight them. Instead, run around and destroy everything, starting at the bottom, where the enemies are. Stay in the middle of the room, so enemies that attack you don't destroy walls or pillars in the process.

Don't forget to destroy the walls in the darkened rooms in the Sewers chapter - you can do a massive amount of damage there. At the beginning of the Museum chapter there's a huge statue on top of the building. Make use of the explosive barrels to blow shit up. If you do all this you will eventually get the achievement.