PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock out now?

nikehead9
08-15-2007, 04:55 PM
It appears that BioShock has changed itís release date to today. There has no been any official conformation from Microsoft or Take Two and neither of their PR agencies are available for contact. However, many things are proving that this is true.

Toys Rí Us in the United States has been selling copies today
The commercial now says ďAvailable NowĒ and this has changed from when I saw the commercial 2 hours ago (below)
The game is driving the hype train after the demo and it would be smart to release today
Ken from 2K has confirmed it according to unofficial NeoGaf sources // it matches with the commercials Iíve seen
I am personally trying to contact every gaming related person that would have knowledge on whatís exactly happening. But chances are we will get a press release later tonight or early Wednesday morning.

In Canada, these commercials can be easily spotted from the earlier ones because they also advertise the 360 price cut after the commercial. [Iíll try to tape it next time around]

Update: I have just gotten somewhat official information that the game will be sold through every store as of now that already has stock of the game and they will be shipping the game rapidly to all stores. They have advised that there will be alot of confusion among retailers and that due to these issues, you may not be able to get your copy until things have been cleared up.

I checked Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, Best Buy Canada, FutureShop and Walmart online stores and all dates are still indicating 08/21/07. I would guess this will be mixed by the morning. I can confirm for a fact that the ďAvailable NowĒ commercials are real since I have seen them with my own eyes.

More Information as I get it!

Update 2: Iíve been calling/emailing around for the last while and there is no new information that we can get on this. We do know for a fact that the commercial is real, however we will have to wait awhile to get all the information.

Also if you are able to call around stores in your area and get some info, please post a comment on what youíve heard. I have no stores in the area that operate 24hours unfortunately.

Update 3: Thanks to ďAnonĒ we now have the BioShock - Available Now video from YouTube. I need to get abit of sleep now, and if they donít clear up everything. Iíll try calling Take Two/2K and Edelmen to see if they have anything to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TteS23xLNS4 (http://anonym.to/?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TteS23xLNS4)

^^^VIDEO OF NEW COMMERCIAL WITH "AVAILABLE NOW" INSTEAD OF DOWNLOAD THE DEMO

http://the7gamers.com/2007/08/14/bio...early-release/ (http://anonym.to/?http://the7gamers.com/2007/08/14/bioshock-early-release/)

Zef
08-15-2007, 04:58 PM
This screams Sega, releasing consoles early without warning.

If it is out early then that is good, if my preorder gets messed up because of it I won't be happy =(

snafegeeza
08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Is this going to happen in the UK???

Pyroman31
08-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Yea...does that say "Download the Demo" right below the "Available now"? To me it does...

Man I hope EB games ships my game early. Me want.

EDIT: Watched the commercial that shows the 8/21/07 instead of Available now. Damn...this must be true!

Wreckon Dracgon
08-15-2007, 05:08 PM
I swear to god this so pisses me off... I was at Toys R Us yesterday, picked up Madden for $48, the Bigs for $48 and got both Ratatouille, and Surf's Up for only $20 each (thanks to the buy one get one 50% off and the 20% of coupon) I then get home and find out Toys R Us' are selling BioShock, call the closest one to me and yes they have it. Only problem is I'm not at work... the store is only about 40 or so miles from my job, but from home it's a good 100 miles. I swear I'm almost tempted to drive and get it... my only drawback is I really want the pre-ordered Collectors Edition I have at EBgames... I really want my BIG DADDY Figurine :)

infradude
08-15-2007, 05:08 PM
If it did come out today it would be suprising, more good news is that Game Informer gave it a 10/10 rating!

Deep beneath the surface of the ocean, at a depth where not even the faintest trace of the sunís mighty light can be seen, the cold, obdurate blackness holds the future of mankind. Itís here that the underwater metropolis known as Rapture was built with the dream of the top brass of science congregating to build a better tomorrow. As the experiments and theories began to take shape, science defeated common sense, and something went wrong. Something went terribly wrong. As your bathysphere descends toward this revered paradise, you are hit with the sinking fear that mankind may have gone too far. Itís not until you step foot in the ruins of this city that you realize just how real this fear is.
Itís this expedition of discovery, laced heavily with the philosophical undertones of Ayn Rand, that makes BioShock such a uniquely compelling game. It makes you feel like a fish out of water, gasping for air as the world around you takes shape in twisted and horrifying ways. Young girls, who could be no older than 12, scour the cityís dimly lit hallways for corpses to harvest. Lumbering giants, outfitted in scuba suits, emit moans like blue whales and wield a small armyís worth of weaponry. This world is as dangerous as it is wondrous. You want to flee, yet you canít help but be hopelessly entranced by its strange beauty.
As much as you want to stare at its odd machinations and soaring architecture, the biggest draw in this underwater society is the power you have over it. With the flick of your fingers, you can send an agitated swarm of bees whizzing toward an ill-tempered denizen. Or, with the same motion, lightning could jump off of your fingertips into a pool of water to electrucute a small gathering of mutants. If magical abilities fail, you can always turn to a pistol outfitted with armor-piercing bullets to take out an airborne robotic sentry, or something more unforeseen, like a chemical thrower with your choice of napalm, electrical gel, or liquid nitrogen. And if you just want to mess with the freaks of Rapture, you could always hack into their security systems so that a health station delivers poison, or that a turret targets the people that originally programmed it. This high concept gameplay has variety in spades, and is polished to the point that every battle feels like a small war Ė you wonít believe how much stress and chaos one ordinary thug can create. The game may sound incredibly complicated, but it couldnít be easier to control. Your characterís movements are remarkably smooth, the targeting system functions perfectly, and weapon/power switching is effortless.
BioShock also may seem like a game driven by its setting and the atmosphere it creates. While delivering a level of intrigue you rarely see in games, its most captivating element is its gameplay Ė which I can easily say delivers the most rewarding and adrenaline-filled experience I have ever had with an FPS.
Everything about this game screams perfection, but thereís one element that might not sit well with you. Rather than dying in battle, players simply respawn at a vita-chamber. The damage dealt to an adversary remains even though the player didnít succeed. You simply have to go back and clean up your mess to continue on. As intense as the gameplay is, knowing you really canít fail takes some of the bite out of it. Yes, this system will allow gamers of all skill levels to complete the game Ė which is a developerís dream Ė but it may alienate gamers who only turn to games for a challenge.
Of course, even if you play games strictly for the difficulty that they bring, BioShock is a title that needs to be played, simply because you will never look at an FPS the same way again. Of the 15 to 20 hours of gameplay that it delivers, there isnít a second wasted. Once you finish the game, thereís little chance that youíll take it out before playing it again to see the second ending.
Itís ingenious, enthralling, and a masterpiece of the most epic proportions. So without further delay, would you kindly enter Rapture so that you too can experience the best that video games have to offer?

Story (http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/41497688-5BCB-4C0A-B952-A1B1440E2139.htm?CS_pid=200224)

teh x3nomorph
08-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Although Toys R Us is notorious for breaking street dates.

It might not be something that is happening nationwide, and could just be a screw up with Toys R Us.

Best get it while you can before they realize what they have done and make you wait another week to get it.

Apocobring
08-15-2007, 06:48 PM
http://kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/lucky-bastards-get-bioshock-early-289530.php

It was a screw up with at least one toys-r-us. Did it spread? Confirmation from anyone that isn't trapped in a fluorescent-hell known as work? :D

Pyroman31
08-15-2007, 06:58 PM
^^Haha right when I leave work I will call my TRU to see if they're selling it. Here in So. Cal.

Mortikie
08-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Only TRU is selling it at the moment. I'm so disappointed, I was hoping it actually did come out early. I want Bioshock now!

ThrillKillBill
08-15-2007, 07:20 PM
I swear to god this so pisses me off... I was at Toys R Us yesterday, picked up Madden for $48, the Bigs for $48 and got both Ratatouille, and Surf's Up for only $20 each (thanks to the buy one get one 50% off and the 20% of coupon) I then get home and find out Toys R Us' are selling BioShock, call the closest one to me and yes they have it. Only problem is I'm not at work... the store is only about 40 or so miles from my job, but from home it's a good 100 miles. I swear I'm almost tempted to drive and get it... my only drawback is I really want the pre-ordered Collectors Edition I have at EBgames... I really want my BIG DADDY Figurine :)

EBgames already have their copies of the collector editions but not the regular edition. They will not sell them before the 21st though

Mtld
08-15-2007, 07:27 PM
I just saw someone on the forum with BIOSHOCK in its gamertag, which means this game is definitely out by now!

codedigital
08-15-2007, 07:30 PM
I just saw someone on the forum with BIOSHOCK in its gamertag, which means this game is definitely out by now!

Some Toys R Us stores have "accidentally" started selling them early. Most have learned their lesson already. It's not "out now" yet.

Rand al Thor 19
08-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes, some Toy R Us started selling the game yesterday but apparently all Toys R Us stores got an email from their HQ today telling them to stop selling the game if they have already and wait till the 21st. There are some people on my friends list that got the game yesterday and a little birdie told me to expect my copy of Bioshock tomorrow. :)

KMB 316
08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
i got it at my toys r us for $30 with the madden deal!!!!!!!

http://card.mygamercard.net/kmb+316.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/kmb+316)

Royle
08-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I hope it has I played the demo today and it was insane. I love it i'm getting my copy A.S.A.P!

LordDurham
08-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I read on another forum Toys R Us a 5000$ amend for each copies sold.

If this is true...the producers of Bioshock are having a good profit on that (If they get the money)...

Pez
08-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I read on another forum Toys R Us a 5000$ amend for each copies sold.

If this is true...the producers of Bioshock are having a good profit on that (If they get the money)...

I so hope that's true. Should teach them a lesson.

I don't think this has happened in the UK. I hope not anyways. If it has, I hope it doesn't screw with my Amazon preorders.

~SS

VaRIABLE SoUL
08-16-2007, 06:08 AM
ya i saw on AotS today that Toyz r Us goofed and started selling Bioshock when they got the shipment in. Man i wish i coulda got an early copy LOL :P

Krazie
08-16-2007, 06:19 AM
This game will not go on sale this week. All TRUs shouldve stopped selling it by now, so if you dont have your hands on one now, you'll have to wait til next week :p

That must've been one awesome birdie, Rand al..

Rand al Thor 19
08-16-2007, 06:27 AM
This game will not go on sale this week. All TRUs shouldve stopped selling it by now, so if you dont have your hands on one now, you'll have to wait til next week :p

That must've been one awesome birdie, Rand al..
Yes a very extraordinary bird. Awesome indeeed. Some would even say..... crazy. ;)

Krueger
08-16-2007, 07:02 AM
ya 2k games found out and they are not happy at all expect a major lawsuit against toy r us

GoldenNICK
08-16-2007, 07:06 AM
:uzi::uzi::uzi::mad:all does lucky people playin bioshock and geting achievements and having fun nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Brigade
08-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Bah .. it gives me another week to finish off some more retail games .. hopefully Gamestop/EB will have a trade-in special for bonus store credit going on (I've got 2 of the 3 retail games finished off for that trade .. )

If not for the fact that the CE included a making-of DVD AND a Soundtrack .. I would have swung by TRU and nabbed it yesterday when I heard the news. Stupid CE .. grrr ..

Royle
08-16-2007, 09:21 AM
When does it acctually come out in the UK?

Pez
08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
When does it acctually come out in the UK?

24th of this month mate. Look forward to it! ;)

~SS

OnE Shot Swifty
08-16-2007, 12:57 PM
lmao half the ppl that work at Toys r Us are over 80

oneandonlytommo
08-16-2007, 03:29 PM
lol people are selling them on ebay.com and one is on $157 and another one is on $100 and there both got like 20 bids on them people are going crazy lol :D

austin rules
08-17-2007, 03:26 AM
i would buy bioshock but im already going to buy halo 3 and call of duty 4 but i still might go and rent it... it looks totally awesome!!!:woop:

TheNeXt6
08-17-2007, 04:11 AM
After playing the demo, I have to say i'm totally impressed. I wish I wasn't so broke cause I would pre-order it at Gamestop/EB Games.

TimmayTheTurtle
08-17-2007, 04:15 AM
After playing the demo, I have to say i'm totally impressed. I wish I wasn't so broke cause I would pre-order it at Gamestop/EB Games.

same here that demo owned so bad.. i really want that game.

TheNeXt6
08-17-2007, 04:28 AM
same here that demo owned so bad.. i really want that game.

I'm going to sell some games at Gamespot just hoping I can get some cash to help me at getting 60 bucks.

teh x3nomorph
08-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm going to sell some games at Gamespot just hoping I can get some cash to help me at getting 60 bucks.You can always trade in DVD's too.