PDA

View Full Version : Position of my Kinect

veener79
02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I am noticing with the newer games my Kinect does not seem to see me as well as it use to. Right now it on my TV stand about 2.5 feet off the ground. Now I am reading that some people say it should be at least 3.5 feet off the ground? Is that true? To get that high I would have to mount it on top of my TV. That would have it around 5.5 feet off the ground.

Just not sure if spending the extra cost for a TV mount would be worth it.

ChickinOnaChain
02-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Here's what I found for positioning a Kinect... http://support.xbox.com/en-US/kinect/setup-and-playspace/sensor-placement

veener79
02-05-2012, 11:48 PM
OK thanks. I think I have it too far back. With the curved shape of the stand not thinking it would look good being that far out. Think I will get the TV mount now. I do notice I see my feel cut off at times mostly in the fitness games.

Now sure why when we first got this setup it worked well but now with the newer games the sensor is not liking the setup. Guessing maybe the newer ones are more demanding.

veener79
02-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Ok got the TV mount last night. Played a few hours a kinects last night. That did seem to fix some of the weird issues I had. One large thing I noticed is that I can play closer to the TV now even though the Kinect is the same distance it was.