PDA

View Full Version : Ah... Questions?

Riphade 1
02-07-2012, 11:05 AM
What's with all this DLC being brought out right now? There's 105 pieces of DLC on xbox.com and all of it seems like its IN-GAME content. WTF? So, is NOTHING unlockable in the game and they went all Epic/Capcom on us? Orrrrr is everything unlockable in-game and the DLC is just if you wanna get it early? Apparently people have it now, so let me know. Thanks.

3sixty
02-07-2012, 11:10 AM
What's with all this DLC being brought out right now? There's 105 pieces of DLC on xbox.com and all of it seems like its IN-GAME content. WTF? So, is NOTHING unlockable in the game and they went all Epic/Capcom on us? Orrrrr is everything unlockable in-game and the DLC is just if you wanna get it early? Apparently people have it now, so let me know. Thanks.

DLC appears to be every single unlockable available for purchase, but you can unlock it if you just play through the ranks.

Starkweather
02-07-2012, 11:13 AM
It all seems to be accessories for you character rather than weapons and perks etc. All pointless i think.

Has anyone actually downloaded the game? i see it on marketplace already but give me an error.

3sixty
02-07-2012, 11:17 AM
It all seems to be accessories for you character rather than weapons and perks etc. All pointless i think.

Has anyone actually downloaded the game? i see it on marketplace already but give me an error.

I can't find the PC version on Xbox.com, but it's out on Steam. Not out til tomorrow on Xbox though, can you link to where you see it on marketplace?

Riphade 1
02-07-2012, 11:20 AM
DLC appears to be every single unlockable available for purchase, but you can unlock it if you just play through the ranks.
Oh thank god. I didn't want a reason to NOT get this game.

Yeah, kinda pointless. But, like I said, THANK GOD its just early unlocks.

It seemed like a guy on here got it. He said for someone to invite him to play. So its easy to assume.

3sixty
02-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Oh thank god. I didn't want a reason to NOT get this game.

Yeah, kinda pointless. But, like I said, THANK GOD its just early unlocks.

It seemed like a guy on here got it. He said for someone to invite him to play. So its easy to assume.

Yeah, he got it off Steam though, not on marketplace yet as far as I can see. PC version has only 8 of those DLC available right now.

Riphade 1
02-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I can't find the PC version on Xbox.com, but it's out on Steam. Not out til tomorrow on Xbox though, can you link to where you see it on marketplace?
If you search on your xbox for it, it'll pop up.

By tomorrow, you mean today, right? (Feb 7 in US)

Starkweather
02-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah i'm not sure about PC version. I searched for it through Xbox but can't click it, didn't know it was tommorow for Xbox.

3sixty
02-07-2012, 11:33 AM
If you search on your xbox for it, it'll pop up.

By tomorrow, you mean today, right? (Feb 7 in US)

Nope, PC and PSN US today, Xbox and PSN EU tomorrow (Feb 8th).

Riphade 1
02-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Nope, PC and PSN US today, Xbox and PSN EU tomorrow (Feb 8th).
Ah. Wha. FUUUUUUUUUUUU PC and PSN! Well, damnit. Waited up for nothing. FML.

3sixty
02-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Ah. Wha. FUUUUUUUUUUUU PC and PSN! Well, damnit. Waited up for nothing. FML.

Well it is common knowledge that XBLA games usually release on Wednesdays. :o

Riphade 1
02-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Well it is common knowledge that XBLA games usually release on Wednesdays. :o
I wouldn't say COMMON. A lot of people get mixed up. I usually think DLC is Wednesdays and games are Tuesdays. Cause full game releases are Tueday.

Doktor Wilhelm
02-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah; it's just clothes that you can buy ingame with costume tokens, though I believe the beta said that this would happen ("press X to unlock this item with Microsoft Points"), it also said that weapons and equips would be unlockable via MSP, so they are likely to be added too.

And there some 'premium' calling cards and mascots, not sure if they'll be unlockable without buying with MSP?

Though I have to admit that it is kind of daunting, seeing 105 items of DLC, before the game is even released!

Natz
02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
I find it weird that it is showing up on the xbox in the UK but just has no selections available I tryed the beta and could still get into it! The only problem I have is with the DLC the price 320 for certain items 80ms is ok but higher is just wrong.

EDIT: I do like the fact that its not rock band DLC spamming the addons for a change :)

kyboy
02-07-2012, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't say COMMON. A lot of people get mixed up. I usually think DLC is Wednesdays and games are Tuesdays. Cause full game releases are Tueday.

thats what i thought also.. im glad that i have tommorrow off work lol.. get an early start.. i kinda like the idea of 100 ranks.. an 10 "prestiges".. it doesnt take long to rank up... an it keeps u playing longer, i think thats what they were going for..

Doktor Wilhelm
02-07-2012, 03:37 PM
The only problem I have is with the DLC the price 320 for certain items 80ms is ok but higher is just wrong.

Yeah; seems like they are charging the same prices as Avatar stuff; even 80msp is way too much for a single in game item; sprcially when it can be unlocked for free via playing the actual game (that is unless any of it is exclusive for DLC).

I think that packs of full sets of clothes for each faction (about 10 clothing items) would be worth 80msp.

kyboy
02-07-2012, 03:44 PM
it appeals to the ppl that jus want to unlock the stuff early instead of i.e. getting "x" amount of head shots to get this.. they can jus go to the marketplace an buy it... i dont know about anyone else but id really like to see some avatar stuff from GCI...

Annalie
02-07-2012, 04:04 PM
it appeals to the ppl that jus want to unlock the stuff early instead of i.e. getting "x" amount of head shots to get this.. they can jus go to the marketplace an buy it... i dont know about anyone else but id really like to see some avatar stuff from GCI...

I was hoping there would be some avatar stuff to. hopefully....

kyboy
02-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I was hoping there would be some avatar stuff to. hopefully....

yea that would be pretty sweet.. have the box batman mask lol.. or jokers "pizza" shirt..

ChicanosCanHop
02-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Aww yeah can't wait for this game!

D347H0FL0V3
02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
So I have a question (which I'm sure I know the answer to)....
Is this game strictly multiplayer like Team Fortress 2 or is there a single-player experience?

Warpath Wolf
02-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Is this game strictly multiplayer like Team Fortress 2 or is there a single-player experience?

There are challenges, which have to be completed solo. All other modes are stricktly multiplayer.

Starkweather
02-10-2012, 10:03 PM
So i don't start a new thread, how does someone become your Nemesis exaclty?

I got Nemesis lot in the beta, I kill the same people back and forth in a lot in games. but haven't yet in the full game. I actually got the feat for 'avoiding nemisis' :P

Looter1
02-11-2012, 02:04 AM

In the Uk it seems retail games are Fridays, dlc/DOTW on tue/wed...

Looter1
02-11-2012, 02:09 AM

Online MP only, no single player other than 'challenges' which are time trials to move around the maps using gadgets (graple gun, glider etc) with 3 lvls worth of depth; beginner, intermediate, expert... some of them are a bitch - keep missing them by 0.5 of a second for gold medal grr..:Bounce::mad: