PDA

View Full Version : Found! New way to get A Rank!

Teh Paralyzer
02-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Best to ignore this. As with all the rumors and speculations of Code Veronica that no one is 100% sure on like Japanese Version having cheats and what not. Ranking seems to be following another version of code veronica which ever version that may be or could be this doesn't seem to want to work on 360. A Failed Experiment.

Thanks to theirishmagnum

The most common known method for A Rank has been no saves. Doing a lot of Research it seems his 3 saves seem to be true. Though I cannot confirm this but it seems Code Veronica uses a score system (a system we can't see)

Now if the info I found is true you can get an A rank multiple ways.

You lose points for Saving,retrying,using sprays and such.

Now for the Rank you only need so many points. Now if you Save your game you just lost a lot of points. Now if you keep saving you will lose fewer points but it still adds to your total.

Now you can only lose so many points before your out of a Rank. So decide what you want to use. Also Aim for time. If you fall under 4h 30min but you didnt save or retry OR heal then you should have enough points left over to save your Rank.

This could be a game changer. I cannot confirm this (yet) but it looks true to me.

Found from Sinjins guide http://www.the-spoiler.com/Sinjin/RECV/recvwalk.htm

SCORING and RANKS

Basic score

TIME
00:00:00~04:30:00 8250 points
04:30:01~05:00:00 7550 points
05:00:01~05:30:00 7000 points
05:30:01~06:00:00 6450 points
06:00:01~07:30:00 5500 points
07:30:01~15:00:00 5000 points
15:00:01~20:00:00 2500 points
20:00:01~ 2000 points

Special score

1)Did you give the Hemostatic Bottle to that prison guard?
Yes = +250
No = -1000

2)The speed it took you to save Steve
Fastest = +400
Average = 0
Slow = -1000

3)Map discovery
100% = +100
Anything less = 0

4)First aid spray
No use = +1800
If used = 0

5)Save
No save = 0
First time = -1000
Every time after = -50

6)Retry
No Retry = 0
First time = -1000
Every time after = -50

Final score

10000 or above = S rank
7000-9999 = A rank
4500-6999 = B rank
2500-4499 = C rank
2499 or below = D rank

EDIT: Reminder S rank is Japan only. So In US/EU it goes A,B,C,D and E. This is just the list I found.

US

10000 or above = A rank
7000-9999 = B rank
4500-6999 = C rank
2500-4499 = D rank
2499 or below = E rank

Something is weird in the math here though. Currently trying the 3 save method.

theirishmagnum
02-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Nice! You found it, I really hope people can now enjoy this game without having to restart the whole game lol I'm glad I could give some incite, and hope everyone has a good time,:Bounce: and thx for taking notice to my comments! :drunk enjoy!!!!!

Teh Paralyzer
02-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Nice! You found it, I really hope people can now enjoy this game without having to restart the whole game lol I'm glad I could give some incite, and hope everyone has a good time,:Bounce: and thx for taking notice to my comments! :drunk enjoy!!!!!

Dude thank you for revealing this. I have only found one website with this info. It seems that nobody (except you and the guide writer on PS2) knew this haha.

Since I used no saves and retries so far and I'm currently on part 2 (I know I haven't finished the game yet due to I need a moment with zero distractions) I'm debating what I should use to help me finish the game

Should I save part way or use a F. Aid spray haha.

TVthePunisher
02-08-2012, 10:33 PM
My head hurts...does this mean as long as I'm fast enough, I'm allowed how many saves?

So 8250 for under 4 hours and 30 minutes. Hm...

8250 - 1000 (first non-free save) = 7250.

50 X 5 = 250. 7250 - 250 = 7000.

According to this data, 7000 is the minimum required for an A Rank. That means 1000 (1 save) + 250 (5 saves) = 6 saves + the free save is 7. That means there are 7 possible saves to keep yourself within the A Rank for Weapon Crazy. BUT...

1)Did you give the Hemostatic Bottle to that prison guard?
Yes = +250
No = -1000

2)The speed it took you to save Steve
Fastest = +400
Average = 0
Slow = -1000

3)Map discovery
100% = +100
Anything less = 0

4)First aid spray
No use = +1800
If used = 0

According to this, it's possible to get an extra 2550 points. 2550 divided by 50 is 51 + 7 (from earlier) = 58 saves total.

Edit: Apparently there is no S Rank in America, so that would change the 10000 point requirement to our actual A Rank...which means most of this math is pointless. Because that means that 8250 + 1800 = 10050 (which is just above the requirements for an A Rank in America, but an S Rank for Japan). This means the Hemostat is not required but we're still fucked for saves...

So...fuuuuhhhhh-

Teh Paralyzer
02-08-2012, 11:38 PM
My head hurts...does this mean as long as I'm fast enough, I'm allowed how many saves?

So 8250 for under 4 hours and 30 minutes. Hm...

8250 - 1000 (first non-free save) = 7250.

50 X 5 = 250. 7250 - 250 = 7000.

According to this data, 7000 is the minimum required for an A Rank. That means 1000 (1 save) + 250 (5 saves) = 6 saves + the free save is 7. That means there are 7 possible saves to keep yourself within the A Rank for Weapon Crazy. BUT...

According to this, it's possible to get an extra 2550 points. 2550 divided by 50 is 51 + 7 (from earlier) = 58 saves total.

Edit: Apparently there is no S Rank in America, so that would change the 10000 point requirement to our actual A Rank...which means most of this math is pointless. Because that means that 8250 + 1800 = 10050 (which is just above the requirements for an A Rank in America, but an S Rank for Japan). This means the Hemostat is not required but we're still fucked for saves...

So...fuuuuhhhhh-

Haha yes I edited the guide to include US/EU ranks.

theirishmagnum
02-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Dude thank you for revealing this. I have only found one website with this info. It seems that nobody (except you and the guide writer on PS2) knew this haha.

Since I used no saves and retries so far and I'm currently on part 2 (I know I haven't finished the game yet due to I need a moment with zero distractions) I'm debating what I should use to help me finish the game

Should I save part way or use a F. Aid spray haha.

I have been around many a years and am just happy to have people enjoy this game and not have it to be another life struggling cheevo lol and great guide btw

BSM
02-23-2012, 01:18 PM
So this is basically useless if you own the US version?

TVthePunisher
02-23-2012, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't say it's useless...but it doesn't work for either version. In Japan even though it's the same achievement list, you have to do the requirements for the S Rank in that game in order to unlock the achievement. Their S Rank has the exact same requirements as our A Rank, so either way we still have to do the same thing =/

BSM
02-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Well the saving part is useless I guess I should say. You still need to beat the game without saving and using a health spray according to these findings.

theirishmagnum
02-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I'v already bet the game with three saves, plus the free one! So just because you didn't know about it, does'nt mean you have to act like you know whats up. I have beat the game 2 times on different accounts to test this on the xbox version, and still got the A rank, so whats up lol and on EVERY RE game you can save three times! sounds like you are complaining, or have never got above a D rank in any RE game...and this works on the US version! YOU CAN SAve 3 TIMES PPL, If you want to think otherwise, then your loss :D

TVthePunisher
02-24-2012, 08:31 PM
I'v already bet the game with three saves, plus the free one! So just because you didn't know about it, does'nt mean you have to act like you know whats up. I have beat the game 2 times on different accounts to test this on the xbox version, and still got the A rank, so whats up lol and on EVERY RE game you can save three times! sounds like you are complaining, or have never got above a D rank in any RE game...and this works on the US version! YOU CAN SAve 3 TIMES PPL, If you want to think otherwise, then your loss :D

Can't wait to try this out, three saves works for me =D

BSM
02-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Explain this list then. You get 10800 for doing everything right but if you save you lose -1000 points which puts you under for A rank on the US version.

theirishmagnum
02-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Instead of acting like you know it all, and for one, you looking at the wrong stat system lol Two, Why have i done it then? why would I lie? You sound like some1 whos complaining and is scared to face a challenge! Explain to me why everyspeed runner that plays the RE series knows this also! ppl from speeddemoarchives.com, the-elite.net and many other underground sites with legit players!! looks like you'll never get it....who can't beat a RE game with 3 saves, plus the free one for god sakes!!! Go try it for yourself, iv got lots of messeges from ppl o here saying it works, ery few say they didnt getr it so, weigh the odds SON lol:woop:

Crosly
02-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Nice findings! Ive been putting this off because the boss you have to kill with the sniper really booped me off.
So i made a seperate save with Free save + 1 save after the boss. Now I'm going to try this again! Thanks

VageBurglar
02-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Well it seems the game screwed me then. Beat the game using the free save after killing the tyrant, then decided to save using the typewriter right when i got to Antarctica with Chris. Finished the game and got a rank B. Did not use a single first aid spray, saved steve quickly and gave the hemostat to Rodrigo. Beat the game with a time of 3:45. Luckily i like this game enough to do another playthrough.

Crosly
03-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Well it seems the game screwed me then. Beat the game using the free save after killing the tyrant, then decided to save using the typewriter right when i got to Antarctica with Chris. Finished the game and got a rank B. Did not use a single first aid spray, saved steve quickly and gave the hemostat to Rodrigo. Beat the game with a time of 3:45. Luckily i like this game enough to do another playthrough.

So this 'may' not work then?

VageBurglar
03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Correct. I wouldn't risk saving if I were anyone else, just in case.

Crosly
03-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Correct. I wouldn't risk saving if I were anyone else, just in case.

Good job i have 2 seperate files.
1 with free save and the other with free save + 1 save with Chris.

I'll be giving it a try soon so if it works or doesn't for me, I'll post on here.

nazhitsreallyhard
03-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm on the second part. Just trying to go through what I need to do and the quickest way to do and I'll do it tomorrow morning. A walk in the park. No need for gimmicky saves or guides. Proper players do it "proper" way.

zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

VageBurglar
03-01-2012, 08:27 PM
It's not hard at all. Made it to the second half of the game again and have plenty more ammo and herbs than I did my first play through. I just keep messing up on the crystal ball crusher lol. Man, I hate that part.

theirishmagnum
03-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Like i said though, some people are getting it to unlock with 3 saves and some are not, I was lucky to have the 3 saves as it made this game a breeze. I have already beat it with a time of 3:01, with the no saves, but used an aid spray!? still got an a rank? To me, this is like all the RE games I'v played, seems the same to me, as of meany people have got A rank also! wel good luck and have fun, it's a great game

Teh Paralyzer
03-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I can't beat Alexia.

All I have is a pistol with plenty of ammo, 33% AK, 12 Magnum shots and plenty of health but I can't fucking do it this playthrough...

theirishmagnum
03-06-2012, 11:10 PM
I can't beat Alexia.

All I have is a pistol with plenty of ammo, 33% AK, 12 Magnum shots and plenty of health but I can't fucking do it this playthrough...

So I have done some playthroughs now and I have been getting both A and B ranks, Me and my friends tested a theory out! Some of us did not all get the A rank, we all tried doing different rouns and routs also, to save time:drunk BUt this was only on the xbox version this was happening, on our ps2 runs, we all got an A rank and had three saves, so this is ONLY ON XBOX. So to be safe do your 3 saves run first, not only to scout out the game and get a felling for it but also maby get a lucky A rank, so 2nd time through your warmed up :p

ST4R5F4LL
03-08-2012, 02:26 PM
So. I love me some RE. I never really played code veronica, except for briefly on my dreamcast. I played through the first half of the game, going and doing what I please. Made it to just before the Tyrant battle. Reset my game and decided I'd breeze on through the first half, save, then finish however I could, and reload and speed through the second half.

Thought I'd share for the LoLz.

It's 1am. I have to go to work at 6am. But... I'm boarding the plane to leave. Yeeeaah. Pretty happy. No saves, No first aids. I'm out of health, but I've got me some ammo.

I pop off my 3 rounds of BOW from the launcher, switch over to my explosive arrows, pop a few off, then press the money. I just knew it was over... and... nope. He's back. In my face in no time, hits me, and I'm dead. So. Yeah.

Haha. I'm no raging though, I love the game. I should have taken my wifes advice and cleared the game before trying to run it. ^_^ Just wanted to share my late night hassles. :)

BSM
03-17-2012, 11:32 PM
So I have done some playthroughs now and I have been getting both A and B ranks, Me and my friends tested a theory out! Some of us did not all get the A rank, we all tried doing different rouns and routs also, to save time:drunk BUt this was only on the xbox version this was happening, on our ps2 runs, we all got an A rank and had three saves, so this is ONLY ON XBOX. So to be safe do your 3 saves run first, not only to scout out the game and get a felling for it but also maby get a lucky A rank, so 2nd time through your warmed up :p
thats because it doesnt work you dumb fuck

theirishmagnum
03-21-2012, 12:33 AM
thats because it doesnt work you dumb fuck

If you read my 1st post about this matter then you would have realized I said I was doing a trial run, for the SIMPLE FACT THAT THIS DOES WORK ON THE PS2 VERSION, and it worked for me on xbox, but not for everyone? So I decided to do some tests with some friends, and go figure, some of us got the A rank and some only the B rank. so IT DOES WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE AND ON THE PS2 FOR SURE, but to be safe don't save! I don't wanna cause trouble, but it looks like you tried it did not get it, srry but you should've waited till I replied back with this info! and srry to everyone else that this doenst work for!

Mapmakermaster
03-25-2012, 05:27 PM
So. I love me some RE. I never really played code veronica, except for briefly on my dreamcast. I played through the first half of the game, going and doing what I please. Made it to just before the Tyrant battle. Reset my game and decided I'd breeze on through the first half, save, then finish however I could, and reload and speed through the second half.

Thought I'd share for the LoLz.

It's 1am. I have to go to work at 6am. But... I'm boarding the plane to leave. Yeeeaah. Pretty happy. No saves, No first aids. I'm out of health, but I've got me some ammo.

I pop off my 3 rounds of BOW from the launcher, switch over to my explosive arrows, pop a few off, then press the money. I just knew it was over... and... nope. He's back. In my face in no time, hits me, and I'm dead. So. Yeah.

Haha. I'm no raging though, I love the game. I should have taken my wifes advice and cleared the game before trying to run it. ^_^ Just wanted to share my late night hassles. :)

Same thing happened to me. I got to the Tyrant on the plane, as soon as possible I shot all of my BOW rounds into him, then explosive then turned and pressed the switch. He came at me bro. He came at me.

Evo Kazz
03-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah guys this method gave me a B and I only used the free save and 1 extra, I would not bother risking it.

UPDATE! More proof this method is bullshit:

RUN1 - 2 Saves 0 Retries 3 hours = B
RUN2 - 0 Saves 1 Retry 3 hours = B
RUN3 - 0 Saves 0 Retries 5 hours = B
RUN4 - 0 Saves 0 Retries 3 hours = A

You absolutely HAVE 2 never save, never die, never heal, never go over 4 hours 30 minutes.

theirishmagnum
04-02-2012, 03:40 AM
If you read my 1st post about this matter then you would have realized I said I was doing a trial run, for the SIMPLE FACT THAT THIS DOES WORK ON THE PS2 VERSION, and it worked for me on xbox, but not for everyone? So I decided to do some tests with some friends, and go figure, some of us got the A rank and some only the B rank. so IT DOES WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE AND ON THE PS2 FOR SURE, but to be safe don't save! I don't wanna cause trouble, but it looks like you tried it did not get it, srry but you should've waited till I replied back with this info! and srry to everyone else that this doenst work for!

SplotchyAndre
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
if i die during part 2 can i back out too dashboard and use the free save after you beat tyrant right?

Evo Kazz
04-08-2012, 09:06 AM
The PS2 version is slightly different, you could always get 3 saves for A ranks on Resi games, I know cos I A ranked every single one of them with a rank system, but this version is different, no saves.

theirishmagnum
04-13-2012, 02:25 AM
The PS2 version is slightly different, you could always get 3 saves for A ranks on Resi games, I know cos I A ranked every single one of them with a rank system, but this version is different, no saves.

See, this guy knows whats up also lol And for all the people that are sending me hate mail, please stop! What i said was true, Its just the xbox version is different for the ranking!! Iv been apart of speeddemoarchives.com for almost 10 years! So I'm not going to lie:confused:

Teh Paralyzer
04-28-2012, 02:50 PM
if i die during part 2 can i back out too dashboard and use the free save after you beat tyrant right?

Yes, but you don't need to dashboard. Just go back to the main menu and load the part 2 save.

Delow317
07-14-2012, 10:34 PM
I just wanted to say, I have a horrible memory and I'm not looking forward to those last two cheeves, especially the speedrun. I may never finish this game with 100% completion now due to the fact that this fucking game simply doesn't pause, are you guys sure this game doesn't pause when you hit the back button?

No possible way to trick this game into thinking it's paused? Anything guys? I'm really disappointed with this A rank crap.

chanman
08-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Sigh...this is gonna be a pain in the ass haha! I've never played this game before, so everything will be brand new to me.

CORPSIE19
09-11-2012, 05:44 PM
yes i do believe so :) trying this myself. man killing the first tyrant is ganna kill me

Delow317
10-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Just finished the game, but I would like to say a big Fuck you to capcom for their stupid speed run with Weapon Crazy. No way in hell it's worth the effort when you can't even pause the game, have to dodge zombies instead of fighting them, can't use sprays, and can only save the game once halfway through.

What were they thinking? Thanks capcom, Veronica will never be 100% now because of your lame ass achievement that is targeted towards nerds who love doing speed runs. Thanks again for not letting us pause the game, if it wasn't for that, anyone could have gotton Weapon Crazy! :mad:

Daniel55645
10-13-2012, 05:37 AM
im not if pausing the game on here counts towards your time because there were times when i had the game paused for HOURS at a time. i had the game paused for a good 4 hours one time, but my total time was only 6 hrs and 40min.

Dhorne Avenger
03-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Just finished the game, but I would like to say a big Fuck you to capcom for their stupid speed run with Weapon Crazy. No way in hell it's worth the effort when you can't even pause the game, have to dodge zombies instead of fighting them, can't use sprays, and can only save the game once halfway through.

What were they thinking? Thanks capcom, Veronica will never be 100% now because of your lame ass achievement that is targeted towards nerds who love doing speed runs. Thanks again for not letting us pause the game, if it wasn't for that, anyone could have gotton Weapon Crazy! :mad:

Dude, It's really easy this game to get 1000g.
I post here my guide, you can make half game and save when the game itselfs let you.

RE: Code Veronica Rank A-S 2h 20min Revival Selection Guia/Walkthrough - YouTube

Parte 2 - YouTube

Good luck!

My RE Version is Pal is the same version than US

MH Maximus
03-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Don't think I'll be completing this game

Fueled by Rage
10-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Jus like in all the RE games, saving & using first aid sprays kills your rank. Time is also a factor;Learn to cut corners like avoiding unnecessary battles & learn to qiuckly dispatch bosses. It's actually common knowledge