PDA

View Full Version : What happend to Creeping Dark?

AceHii
02-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Is this in the game still, or did they remove it? I really liked that ability.

Creeping Dark:allowed you to send a slithering Darkness serpent-thing to areas that Jackie Estacado cannot reach. You can also use the Creeping Dark to scout around corners and make stealth attacks without putting Jackie in harm's way.

If anyone knows of any other things from the first Darkness that is not in the 2nd one please fill free to tell me. I'm just curious. Thanks

chach7171
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Different developer so they took it out in lieu of being able to slash with accuracy with the right stick, there are quite a few changes from the first game. I'm not totally finished with it yet but so far i've come up wanting...

Wurd77
02-08-2012, 06:12 PM
No. The Creeping Dark power is no longer in the game.

Also, you can no longer summon Darklings. Instead, there is a Darkling that follows you around and does things for you. You can, also, throw him at enemies (once you purchase that upgrade). During certain points in the game you can control the Darkling directly.

The only abilities/powers in the game pretty much are: Gun Channeling & Swarm. However, both powers have a meter that runs down when you use either power. You can upgrade both powers to make them more powerful and/or last longer. Also, the Black Hole power is back. However, you do not summon it this time. Instead, when you purchase the Black Hole upgrade...it makes some enemies have a Black Hole power instead of a heart when you eat their heart. You just throw it and it creates a black hole. :) There is, also, a Gun Channeling upgrade that allows you to see through walls and shoot through walls as well.

Oh. There is an upgrade system as well. By killing enemies and collecting Relics you get "essence points". You use these to purchase various upgrades. The upgrades effect things like weapons, executions, abilities, and powers.

DOPE BOI
02-09-2012, 02:45 AM
I don't like the way they did the blackhole. Now its almost like I have no control there has been stretches of time that I didn't get a blackhole, then when I did I would be holding it in the left demon arm and have to open a door or something, causing me to waist the blackhole. The blackhole should have been on a time or heart consumption base, not a random item drop.

Still overall I love the game but suggest getting it on sale or renting. 1k in 2 afternoons.

tunaleg
02-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Other things from the first game that are not present in the sequel:
-Kirk Acevedo (excellent voice acting in general)
-free roaming (it's painfully linear now)
-any sense of atmosphere
-interesting/memorable characters (unless you find generic Italian stereotypes interesting)
-calling crazy people from payphones
-greatness

Darkforce412
02-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Other things from the first game that are not present in the sequel:
-Kirk Acevedo (excellent voice acting in general)
-free roaming (it's painfully linear now)
-any sense of atmosphere
-interesting/memorable characters (unless you find generic Italian stereotypes interesting)
-calling crazy people from payphones
-greatness\

i mostly miss the free roamig around i thought that was fun and i really do miss the creeping dark it really helped me in the first game.

chach7171
02-10-2012, 07:01 AM
I miss the quality writing and voice acting the most, there were some hilarious conversations to be had. Along with the facial mo-cap used for the time that was pretty insane good, gonna throw it in the box tommorow and stroll down mobster mauling nazi killing memory lane...:uzi:

tunaleg
02-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I miss the quality writing and voice acting the most, there were some hilarious conversations to be had. Along with the facial mo-cap used for the time that was pretty insane good, gonna throw it in the box tommorow and stroll down mobster mauling nazi killing memory lane...:uzi:

Good idea bro. Was just playing it the other night, the part where you go to Dutch Oven Harry. I love it when Jackie says "I'm looking for Harry.. where is he?"

Darkforce412
02-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Good idea bro. Was just playing it the other night, the part where you go to Dutch Oven Harry. I love it when Jackie says "I'm looking for Harry.. where is he?"

oh i love that line and then the other guy says u got some nerve kid and then he gets a call and says oh yeah hes right here and then the shooting begins i miss scens like that.