PDA

View Full Version : Steam version has achievements I am guessing?

acdougla17
02-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Its just that normally it says "3rd Party DRM: Games for Windows LIVE" under the Game Details but I dont see that for this game. I know that World of Goo on steam DOES NOT have achievements and I almost made the mistake of buying that one.

So can anyone confirm that the steam version is GFWL.

Preykousis
02-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes, the Steam version has GFWL thus it has Achievements. Valve just hasn't updated the info properly yet.

I personally would like to buy it from Xbox.com so I get 5% Microsoft Points back from it but it seems doubtful they'll put it up. I believe Steam is the only way to download it for the PC at the moment :)

kiratachibana
02-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Yes, the Steam version has GFWL thus it has Achievements. Valve just hasn't updated the info properly yet.

I personally would like to buy it from Xbox.com so I get 5% Microsoft Points back from it but it seems doubtful they'll put it up. I believe Steam is the only way to download it for the PC at the moment :)

I was hoping to buy it on xbox.com too, but they didn't even have a proper game icon for the game on xbox.com...Seems like we will have to wait. :(

Preykousis
02-09-2012, 10:24 AM
I was hoping to buy it on xbox.com too, but they didn't even have a proper game icon for the game on xbox.com...Seems like we will have to wait. :(

I'll only wait another day or two, if they don't add it, I'll get it from Steam. I've got a Steam profile anyway and would actually prefer to get the game on Steam but the 5% MSP back is making me want it from Xbox.com. I'd only get 60MSP back but it's something ;)

burnhamayyy
02-09-2012, 01:43 PM
id rather buy with steam anyday instant updates support etc

Preykousis
02-09-2012, 01:48 PM
True, but I don't plan on playing this game for long anyway, maybe a few weeks at best. Most of my Steam games are single player anyway and updates are handled nicely I must admit (besides the Witcher 2 fail) and my Battlefield 3 is through Origin which is a shame.