PDA

View Full Version : First impressions.....

OptimusPrime76
02-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Well, the games been out a couple of days (only 1 day for us in the UK) and I thought I'd share my opinion and also see what others thoughts are.

I first became interested in this game as I'm a huge fan of Batman. I thought this looked like a fun little game with a humerous premise set in the batman universe.

Having spent a few hours with the game last night I can say it has it's moments of being fun. I was in a party with 4 mates all playing it and we certainly had a laugh, however the laughs will wear very thin very quickly.

My fears about all the dlc that's already available were spot on. This dlc is not merely cosmetic as others have said in other threads. I was playing against low levels last night who could kill me with one shot weapons which is hardly fair. The maps are a decent size but seem quite limiting in where you can go and with only 5 maps It doesn't offer much variety. I know we are getting more maps but I think the game could have at least shipped with 8 as a minimum. The game is 1200 M$ points and offers no single player, no private match options and no bots, only pure MP so 5 maps for that price is a bit stingy. Plus I found the maps all very similar in feel and apart from looking slightly different didn't seem to offer any variety in gameplay.

Overall the game plays like any other FPS really and the batman licence doesn't seem to add much at all to the game apart from cosmetically. You have your standard assault riffles, sub machine guns, sniper riffles, shotguns etc. The perks are straight out of the COD handbook just with different names so you have equivilents of stopping power, juggernaught, hard line etc.

The only feature that seems original is the gadgets and admittedly they are fun. The zip line you start with helps you negotiate hard to reach places batman style. There's a few other cool items. I've unlocked the ability to glide and buy using trampolines or air vents to get some air I can glide around and if I see an enemy on the ground I can dive bomb them which results in a kill most of the time.

Overall the game is a bit of fun and if you like batman you'll get more out of it. It doesn't look like offering a great deal of lasting power and whilst I feel the concept was unique and a cool idea I think it misses a lot of opportunity.

My score 6/10

Doktor Wilhelm
02-09-2012, 04:21 PM
My fears about all the dlc that's already available were spot on. This dlc is not merely cosmetic as others have said in other threads. I was playing against low levels last night who could kill me with one shot weapons which is hardly fair.

That has nothing to do with the DLC; you can unlock oneshot weapons with your first weapon unlock ingame (which is available at a low level), weapon unlocks are not purchasable with MSP.

ofay
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Game plays like team fortress

I love it!

UnarmedReaper07
02-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I was thinking about getting this game, but the game kicked me to dashboard when starting my second match. I was playing the demo when this happened. I heard that this happened in the beta version and I was thinking about buying the game. I heard there were more problems as well and will these problems get fixed?

I like how the game plays, but if these problems don't get fixed soon then I might not get this game. Does anyone else thinks getting gold in challenges are way too hard? I go as fast as possible, but I can only get silver at best.

ofay
02-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I was thinking about getting this game, but the game kicked me to dashboard when starting my second match. I was playing the demo when this happened. I heard that this happened in the beta version and I was thinking about buying the game. I heard there were more problems as well and will these problems get fixed?

I like how the game plays, but if these problems don't get fixed soon then I might not get this game. Does anyone else thinks getting gold in challenges are way too hard? I go as fast as possible, but I can only get silver at best.
Only problem I had was a bit of lag, re dl'd the game and now no issue. Out of 100 matches in the beta probably got dashboarded twice and I think that was from the host quitting. Give it another try game is really fun and the trial is an hour so atleast use that up

SlySi1976
02-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Its a no brainer for 1200 mp,bargain all day long, 1000 levels loads of unlocks. 1st dlc free. Just a pure fun game 5 out of 5 for me

Xkyojinxpandax
02-09-2012, 06:01 PM

I have played around 6 hours of MP, not including challenges, and I have not been kicked to the dashboard once; whereas I had 1 game where everyone was red bar. I've been enjoying this game so much. Does remind me a little of TFC, and that sold me instantly.

I've completed around 20 challenges and I would say there have been 2 that made me retry several times to get gold, and I have 1 that I'm 0.3 from getting gold. Let me know which one and I could give some advice.

x Lijah B x
02-09-2012, 06:03 PM
I find the game to be tons of fun. It's an fps that I feel I can play and not care if I die a zillion times. The achievements also look to keep you busy for a bit as a few of them seem like they are going to take some time. All in all it was a good buy for 1200msp. Hopefully it keeps an audience for a while.

kyboy
02-09-2012, 09:10 PM
i love this game.. i havent been dashborded at all, out of all the games ive played ( im level 26 ) ive only had one match that was laggy, jus for the first couple minutes then it was fine.. i hope this game keeps ppl playing, bc ill be playing this game for awhile..

upindat
02-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Love this game!!!!!! Lots of fun. Worth every penny!!!

Starkweather
02-09-2012, 09:55 PM
It is great in my opinion, will be the multiplayer fix i need from now on. Hadn't enjoyed an MP game this much since Frontlines and Shadowrun.

HorsemanOfWar16
02-09-2012, 11:07 PM
My score 6/10

Literally thinking the exact same m8. Hopefully for 1200MP they can give a few free maps.

Don't like all the DLC bullshit, I think I heard someone say that you just have to unlock all that stuff in game. Seriously surely you would just play the game for fun and enjoy unlocking all that stuff rather than buy them all!?

I dno but i feel that this game coulda/should been alot better from the start, entertained for an hour but already miss playing gears of war 3!

I have got Shank 2 to look forward to though. :)

Darth Bambrox
02-09-2012, 11:32 PM
my one complaint is that you cannot customise your avatar enough, height, build, skin tone, hair style, hair colour, facial hair, accesories, costume. need more maps too

Wahoo35
02-09-2012, 11:48 PM
So far I'm less than impressed with the game. It may grow on me with time but so far I've just seen a bunch of people with explosives shooting at each other. Another thing, what is up with these stats!? I'll go into a match with 88 kills and 91 deaths, go 8:7 in the next round and then my stats show up with me having 9 more deaths than kills in my overall stats once I return to the main menu? This has happened to me numerous times.

EDIT: Evidently I'm not the only one. Looks like quite a few people are having incorrect K/D ratios and not showing up on leaderboards when they should. The game is counting way more kills than what is suffered during a match. It's supposedly something with the servers bouncing data back and forth but there hasn't been any word on if it'll work itself out or if all of our stats will be bonkers.

kyboy
02-10-2012, 03:12 AM
in march, theyre releasing new DLC that will be free.. only 1 new map though, 2 guns, gadgets, support items an more stuff to customize ur character with..

an to horsemanofwar... yes everything that u can buy with microsoft points, are unlockable in game, thats jus for ppl who cant save up enough coins to purchase em, so they can jus spend msp on em instead..

TheMrAyJay
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
ALMOST everything in game can be purchased with Microsoft points. Those little creatures that fly around with you cost money, but you can unlock a couple after level 100 or so. Personally, I love the game - not had this much fun online in ages. 100% fine with them charging for cosmetic DLC - it gives people the CHOICE. If they choose, to me they're fools, but it's nice the CHOICE is there. The matchmaking is a bit screwed up, and the fact that that's part of the "DLC" is annoying, when normmally a fix like that would be called a "PATCH".

UnarmedReaper07
02-12-2012, 11:26 PM
I almost regret buying this game now. This game makes me feel like the "Assist King". It's pretty bad when my total kills is just ten more then my assists. Truthfully I don't understand what is up with this game. I shoot a whole clip into someone or knife them twice and they don't die. That person then kills me with one hit at full health. It could be my weapon setup, strategy, body type, perks, but I don't really know why my k/d is low. It was easier to get kills when my team only had two people and the other team had five. I even got the 10 kill streak achievement from it.

Don't get me wrong I like the whole concept of the game, but I think they should of fixed some stuff in it. I also don't like the concept that people can buy all the cosmetic stuff as dlc. People should earn it. ;)

Wahoo35
02-13-2012, 12:04 AM
I almost regret buying this game now. This game makes me feel like the "Assist King". It's pretty bad when my total kills is just ten more then my assists. Truthfully I don't understand what is up with this game. I shoot a whole clip into someone or knife them twice and they don't die. That person then kills me with one hit at full health. It could be my weapon setup, strategy, body type, perks, but I don't really know why my k/d is low. It was easier to get kills when my team only had two people and the other team had five. I even got the 10 kill streak achievement from it.

Don't get me wrong I like the whole concept of the game, but I think they should of fixed some stuff in it. I also don't like the concept that people can buy all the cosmetic stuff as dlc. People should earn it. ;)

If you start keeping track of your K/D Ratio before matches you'll notice that often times the game will give you 5-10 more deaths than what you should have. That could be part of it. I've also heard from numerous people that their ranking and stats have all been reset. The developers still have no idea what the cause of it is but "are working on it diligently." This game is some kind of messed up right now.

UnarmedReaper07
02-13-2012, 12:10 AM
If you start keeping track of your K/D Ratio before matches you'll notice that often times the game will give you 5-10 more deaths than what you should have. That could be part of it. I've also heard from numerous people that their ranking and stats have all been reset. The developers still have no idea what the cause of it is but "are working on it diligently." This game is some kind of messed up right now.

That would explain my 22 deaths when I know I didn't die that many times from this one game.

Jawsant
02-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Its a no brainer for 1200 mp,bargain all day long, 1000 levels loads of unlocks. 1st dlc free. Just a pure fun game 5 out of 5 for me I agree 100%. Sometimes its just fun to pick up a game like this that doesn't take itself seriously and just have fun with it. Its a nice break from more serious games (Ex. Halo, Mass Effect, COD etc...)

Belvik
02-13-2012, 07:01 AM
I'd say about 8/10 for me personally. It's really fun...when it works. Matchmaking is pretty spotty at times. No join session in progress ( I know it's being added, but should have been there already). Couple more maps and some more avatar customization ( skin tone, facial features, etc.) would have been nice. They probably should have just waited for release and added the stuff from the upcoming March patch to the initial game. It would have addressed a lot of the issues people already have. I'm hoping this game will benefit from some solid DLC in the future.

Starkweather
02-13-2012, 05:11 PM
That would explain my 22 deaths when I know I didn't die that many times from this one game.

Yeah i got 20 kills, 13 deaths in one game and it counted 26 deaths, really annoying.

Zumato
02-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Hmm....my first impression:

Shadowrun and Bioshock 2 Multiplayer had a lovechild and named Batman the godfather.

So far it's pretty enjoyable. My only real annoyance are those dive bombing fatties with shotguns....