PDA

View Full Version : Gangs

ofay
02-09-2012, 11:20 PM
How do I join a gang, the killa watts invited me but I declined, do you have to be invited?

demon00uk
02-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Yes, they randomly invite you!

ofay
02-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Dang, had I know that I would have accepted to just level up my gang status until I got the one I wanted

thestreetzking
02-10-2012, 01:28 AM
for an fwi, I denied the first one like an idiot and havent gotten another. level 45 as well..

RyanMushr00ms
02-10-2012, 02:07 AM
Yea i got killa watts also. but i left i was confused at first .

Doktor Wilhelm
02-10-2012, 03:01 AM
It seems to me that I get invited to a gang when I've done rather well on their 'home' map.

Alley Cats = Crime Alley
Carnies = Amusment Mile
Hazmats = Ace Chemicals
Killa Watts = Gotham Power
Warf Rats = The Docks

Not sure what the point is to being in a gang though... :confused:
I've been in the Wharf Rats, switched to Killa Watts then was invited back to the Wharf Rats (Declined), Wouldn't mind being in Hazmats, if only because their logo is a skull/gas-mask.

kyboy
02-10-2012, 03:08 AM
It seems to me that I get invited to a gang when I've done rather well on their 'home' map.

Alley Cats = Crime Alley
Carnies = Amusment Mile
Hazmats = Ace Chemicals
Killa Watts = Gotham Power
Warf Rats = The Docks
I've been in the Wharf Rats, switched to Killa Watts then was invited back to the Wharf Rats (Declined), Wouldn't mind being in Hazmats, if only because their logo is a skull/gas-mask.

i was in the killa watts, but left.. i wana be in the hazmats jus bc of their logo also lol..

bob101910
02-10-2012, 03:17 AM
I've been invited several times (level 39), but none that were Alley Cats :(

Downsize
02-10-2012, 03:55 AM
Im level 30 and have since received 2 invites. I declined the second one since I was already in one. Im wit da Hazmats!! Represent!

Doktor Wilhelm
02-10-2012, 07:50 AM

I reached rank 2 in the Killa Watts and got a Catchphrase: Bzzzzzzt!
(Yay, Talking to myself!)

Cynicalfate
02-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah you get invited to gangs more often the more you rape on the home maps. I find usually more often when i'm mvp or in the top 3 at the end.

I'm currently level 62 and i don't get that many gang invites either and i usually am Mvp and pretty much never out of the top 3 but i have seem to acquired way more gang invites then others so i'm assuming that's what it is anyways.

upindat
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I joined one after finishing in the top three . I was wanting the hazmat also. Does anybody know what the deal with the gangs is?? just a symbol or what??

Starkweather
02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
I got invited to Hazmats around level 9 or 10 i think, not that it matters probably i'm just sticking with them, i keep getting invites for Rats now though lol

thestreetzking
02-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I just got an invite finally at level 52 after declining the first one. finished mvp and got the invite on the docks for the wharf rats.

ofay
02-10-2012, 07:37 PM
It sounds like getting the MVP spot is how you get a gang invite

TV Junkie
02-11-2012, 12:55 AM
I got an invite and DIDN'T decline. However, the next match started before I accepted, so I guess now I get to wait for the next one. :[

Doktor Wilhelm
02-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Finally in the Hazmats.
Now I'm wondering what the Turf War percents are all about, maybe the ammount of players in each gang? :confused:

Does anybody know what the deal with the gangs is?? just a symbol or what??

The game states: "Fighting for Gangs will earn you Reputation Points, which will allow you to unlock rewards from that Gang."
Which makes it sound like there's ment to be more than just Calling Card pieces available from it.

Also, I wonder what the new gang'll be (with the free DLC), since each map has a gang.

ofay
02-11-2012, 05:28 AM
Also you can change gangs at any time and you don't lose the rank you had with that gang, it just stops leveling that gang and starts leveling your new one.

So if you get killa watts rep to 3 but then leave to join the hazmats level it for awhile and decide to go back to killa watts it will still be level 3 no matter what level you got to with hazmats

Doktor Wilhelm
02-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I've noticed a glitch with gangs, when I look at other people stats their gang stats are my own stats with each gang.

SpKXmasSpirit
02-13-2012, 01:55 AM
my friends and I all joined Killa Watts bc they were the worst one and we support the underdog

UnarmedReaper07
02-13-2012, 03:45 AM
It sounds like getting the MVP spot is how you get a gang invite

When I got my invite it was on the amusement park map and my k/d was 15 kills and 14 deaths. So I presume that it's based on high k/d or based on just kills. The clan for that map would be "The Carnies".

Belvik
02-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Seems a bit random. I've had MVP on every map at least once except docks, and only been invited to the Killa-watts.

Mr Yac
02-13-2012, 06:10 AM
has anybody actually unlocked anything from the gangs, i got to level 2 with the carnies and got a calling card saying, but can't tell how the heck you advance or how close i am since theres no experience bar for gangs...

Doktor Wilhelm
02-13-2012, 07:34 AM
has anybody actually unlocked anything from the gangs, i got to level 2 with the carnies and got a calling card saying, but can't tell how the heck you advance or how close i am since theres no experience bar for gangs...

What I know of is a catchphrase for rank 2, and I've seen people saying that you get the gangs logo at rank 10, don't know if there's anything inbetween.

There is an experience bar for gangs, but it only shows after a match: when the after match stats are up, press right until the gang screen shows (though it seems to have an issue with showing for me), there's a circle around the gangs logo that fills up. Silly place to hide the bloody thing; should show exp for each gang on the main gangs menu!

thestreetzking
02-14-2012, 04:15 PM
first gang invite declined, didnt get one until 52, excepted. have gotten 10 since then LOL level 69

TRIIGGER
02-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Im at rank 3 with the hazmats and have not seen a rank higher, though I haven't looked that much. Anyone know how high you can go? Or does anyone have higher than 3?

Joker0fLife
02-15-2012, 11:23 AM
It's definitely not do to being MVP since I'm MVP 7 out of 8 games...I'd just assume it's random. I'm lvl 45 and have only been invited I'd say 3 times total.

Doktor Wilhelm
02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Im at rank 3 with the hazmats and have not seen a rank higher, though I haven't looked that much. Anyone know how high you can go? Or does anyone have higher than 3?

When I look at other people stats; in show my own ranks with whichever gang they are in.
I'm rank 4 in the Hazmats; but it's been hard to level as the gangs keep being unavailable and when that happens my 'exp' in the gang doesn't seem to go up...

I believe the last rank maybe 10.

ofay
02-15-2012, 08:15 PM
It's definitely not do to being MVP since I'm MVP 7 out of 8 games...I'd just assume it's random. I'm lvl 45 and have only been invited I'd say 3 times total.
It's random, I finished top 3 when I got my second invite, haven't gotten another one since

TRIIGGER
02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Just got hazmats rank 4 getting second place. Def dont have to be #1.

Mr Yac
02-16-2012, 06:29 AM
When I look at other people stats; in show my own ranks with whichever gang they are in.
I'm rank 4 in the Hazmats; but it's been hard to level as the gangs keep being unavailable and when that happens my 'exp' in the gang doesn't seem to go up...

I believe the last rank maybe 10.

was going to ask about this, guess it's not just me. only shows my own rank when i look at others, they'll either be the same rank if they are in my gang or rank 0 for all the others