PDA

View Full Version : salvaging questions

murderousknight
02-10-2012, 05:20 AM
is it just me and bad luck or am i not getting how salvaging is supposed to work because i get horrible stuff like how do you get the better componets to make really good stuff i have it maxed out and want to make some epic mastercraft stuff (whatever that is not sure but sounds cool) and i dont get anything good from salvaging just the same old stuff

Hansathan
02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
is it just me and bad luck or am i not getting how salvaging is supposed to work because i get horrible stuff like how do you get the better componets to make really good stuff i have it maxed out and want to make some epic mastercraft stuff (whatever that is not sure but sounds cool) and i dont get anything good from salvaging just the same old stuff

Salvaging is actually random. I discovered this when I dismantled a pretty good piece of armor and got "novice strings" or some BS. I was pissed, so I reloaded my save (i always save before blacksmithing) and tried again and got a really solid piece of material. So in short, keep trying and reloading if you're not happy with the outcome.

Btw, I'm about 2/3 of the way done w/blacksmithing skill.

Kraderic
02-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Salvaging is actually random. I discovered this when I dismantled a pretty good piece of armor and got "novice strings" or some BS. I was pissed, so I reloaded my save (i always save before blacksmithing) and tried again and got a really solid piece of material. So in short, keep trying and reloading if you're not happy with the outcome.

Btw, I'm about 2/3 of the way done w/blacksmithing skill.

You may say it's random, but what if it's possible that high quality pieces of material are only acquired from salvaging infrequent/rare armors and weapons? For example, when you dismantle common equipment, you'll only receive common materials. And if you dismantle rare equipment, you'll have a chance to acquire something worthwhile. Your above experience didn't exactly disprove this, which is why I'm curious..

Hansathan
02-10-2012, 12:01 PM
You may say it's random, but what if it's possible that high quality pieces of material are only acquired from salvaging infrequent/rare armors and weapons? For example, when you dismantle common equipment, you'll only receive common materials. And if you dismantle rare equipment, you'll have a chance to acquire something worthwhile. Your above experience didn't exactly disprove this, which is why I'm curious..

That's most likely how it works. One would have to assume more rare the equipment, higher quality materials possible through salvage. After much trial and error I am thinking that each piece of armor has a few components that it can possible break down into, with the better quality components having a lower appearance rate. That's what I meant by random. I reloaded and salvaged the same piece of green armor ("infrequent" i believe) a number of times until something very good finally was dropped. Hope that clears up my thoughts/experience thus far

Kraderic
02-11-2012, 12:10 AM
This will help immensely, oh yes.. >=)

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?5151-Creating-the-God-Character-with-Blacksmithing!

Metabolic XBA
02-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know how you get 'Master' components if you can't salvage Purple (unique) items? Another thing I have noticed is that a lot of sources are saying that you can salvage Gold set items when you level up high enough to do the rare stuff but so far I am only getting the option to salvage the DLC Shepard set. Anyone else ran into this?

Hansathan
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know how you get 'Master' components if you can't salvage Purple (unique) items? Another thing I have noticed is that a lot of sources are saying that you can salvage Gold set items when you level up high enough to do the rare stuff but so far I am only getting the option to salvage the DLC Shepard set. Anyone else ran into this?

You can get Master components when you have full skill points in Blacksmithing, and are salvaging quality items. I got them most often from blue items that had good stats (something like a Fine Prismere Longsword with 21 fire damage, etc. would have a good chance of "dropping" a Master Flaming Hilt). Also, you cannot salvage purple or yellow items, so whoever told you that was lying/uninformed. I had max blacksmithing and was level 40, and could not, so I don't see how it's possible...