PDA

View Full Version : So.... Random loot. Yay.

Durdens Wrath
02-11-2012, 07:47 AM
So, I got the Perfidious gloves and that looks to be a sweet set. Does anyone know if you can re run dungeons?

Also, I see +skills. Does that work like diablo, and boost it above a cap, or do I need to plan my talents with that in mind?

Kraderic
02-11-2012, 08:21 AM
It raises them over the cap. That is assuming you mean attributes such as +Might, and not +Lockpicking.

rc deaths agent
02-11-2012, 10:46 PM
I like the random loot as well. Although every time i get a set or unique item it's not for my build lol. Still love the loot so far though.

I wish we could trade though :(

Durdens Wrath
02-13-2012, 12:43 AM
I like the random loot as well. Although every time i get a set or unique item it's not for my build lol. Still love the loot so far though.

I wish we could trade though :(

That was sarcasm. I hate random loot. I don't want to get a set item and not know if ill come across its friends.

Can you do dungeons over, is there some way to do loot runs like in diablo?

Paka
02-13-2012, 01:50 AM
That was sarcasm. I hate random loot. I don't want to get a set item and not know if ill come across its friends.

Can you do dungeons over, is there some way to do loot runs like in diablo?

Curious about this too. Best I can determine reading the GameFAQs board is that bosses don't, but other stuff does. One person said 30 in-game days for dungeons without going in them.

GDA
02-13-2012, 02:25 AM
I cant confirm that that is true but if so its not hard to make time pass once you get your house, just sleep 24 hours rinse repeat cant see 30 days taking anymore than 5 minutes.

rc deaths agent
02-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Curious about this too. Best I can determine reading the GameFAQs board is that bosses don't, but other stuff does. One person said 30 in-game days for dungeons without going in them. Most of the set gear isn't that important until end game gear really. I have 2 pieces to one set and a couple solo pieces but i'm already out leveling them. I'm sure i'll find a higher level set piece anytime now lol. I still like sets and random loot though. It's much better than static loot in a game imo.

waxc3
02-13-2012, 03:03 AM
I've yet to see chests or hiding items reset. Just plants and enemies and breakables so far.

Denzalo
02-13-2012, 05:53 AM
wtb shared stash...

Wallbanger
02-13-2012, 12:48 PM
You can over level abilities by 2 points

Yaymez
02-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I've yet to see chests or hiding items reset. Just plants and enemies and breakables so far.

Hidden items do actually reset.

I've seen it happen outside places such as Star Camp and most of the other places i frequent like Cannoroc, where the rock piles have reset multiple times.

I have no idea of the reset times though or if that in itself is also random.

Durdens Wrath
02-15-2012, 12:44 AM
Curious about this too. Best I can determine reading the GameFAQs board is that bosses don't, but other stuff does. One person said 30 in-game days for dungeons without going in them.
That includes chests?

Paka
02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
That includes chests?

I'm really reading a lot of mixed things on them. Some are claiming chests respawn in a few days, and others that they never respawn, sometimes in the same thread.

I have a question of my own on loot. I know the devs have said that switching to hard does not change loot, just damage taken and given. However, switching difficulty the other way seems like it might be different. I stuck it on casual so I could just mess around and have fun, and noticed, that compared to the demo, in the tutorial dungeon my character was taking and giving the same damage pretty much, no noticable difference between casual and normal there.

However, the loot after that point is an entirely different story. Reading on different sites, people are complaining about the drops, but on casual seems like I'm getting great stuff all the time, and for the little overlap with the demo, the drops are way better than what I got then at the same points (after the tutorial dungeon, of course).

Maybe just luck, but is it possible that they made casual easier by simply making the loot way better? :confused:

BBowles
02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm really reading a lot of mixed things on them. Some are claiming chests respawn in a few days, and others that they never respawn, sometimes in the same thread.

I have a question of my own on loot. I know the devs have said that switching to hard does not change loot, just damage taken and given. However, switching difficulty the other way seems like it might be different. I stuck it on casual so I could just mess around and have fun, and noticed, that compared to the demo, in the tutorial dungeon my character was taking and giving the same damage pretty much, no noticable difference between casual and normal there.

However, the loot after that point is an entirely different story. Reading on different sites, people are complaining about the drops, but on casual seems like I'm getting great stuff all the time, and for the little overlap with the demo, the drops are way better than what I got then at the same points (after the tutorial dungeon, of course).

Maybe just luck, but is it possible that they made casual easier by simply making the loot way better? :confused:

I would probably chalk that up to one being a demo, and the other the real game. A lot of loot you're finding now would have been pointless in the demo, as you'd hardly gather enough components/gems/insertrandomitemhere to make use of them. They'd simply clog up your demo menus. Could be wrong tho, but that's just my guess. Try comparing the tutorial in the real game on different difficulties.

Paka
02-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I would probably chalk that up to one being a demo, and the other the real game. A lot of loot you're finding now would have been pointless in the demo, as you'd hardly gather enough components/gems/insertrandomitemhere to make use of them. They'd simply clog up your demo menus. Could be wrong tho, but that's just my guess. Try comparing the tutorial in the real game on different difficulties.

Good point. Yeah, I think I'm going to start another character soon that will be on hard the whole time for the achievement. Since normal and hard loot is the same, I'll see if there is an obvious difference. I do think, based on the complaining I'm reading, I am getting better stuff than other players at the same point overall, but that could of course just be dumb luck. It would be very interesting if the devs did make casual have a better chance of good drops, but if it were true, could result in a lot of griping from the majority who don't play on it.

BBowles
02-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Coincidentally, I just got done revealing the entire Tala-Rane map (my last Plains of Erathell area) about 20 minutes ago, including opening all chest that dont' require keys. After going to Ayten to turn in a quest, then going to the Warsworn Vault and finishing the quest located there, I fast traveled back to the keep in Tala-Rane.

EVERY chest/whirlpool/rockpile/log has respawned in the Tala-Rane region. I don't know what triggered it, but I can confirm that everything - chests included - can respawn in a zone. The trigger? I have no idea.....

Only thing I can think of is I literally cleared EVERY treasure icon off the map (excluding the 3 chests requiring keys) and then left the region. Perhaps clearing the map and "zoning" resets the treasures? No idea >_>