PDA

View Full Version : Achievements available on XP?

vbnm247
08-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I would prefer to get the game for my PC but dont yet have Vista. Can I still log into my live account through XP so I get the achievements?

I was hoping Vista was for multiplayer only but with XP you can still access your gamer profile.

The Pants Party
08-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Nope. Read the FAQ linked in my sig for all your PC Achievement answers.

eXiled Killah
08-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I just had the game in my hand. It's requirements include XP with Sp2 AND Vista. It IS designed to run on both. It also says that internet acces is REQUIRED for activation. The box DOES NOT say that it supports achievements as Pants has said to look for. No one at Circuitcity could tell me for sure whether it does or doesn't support achievements. It's $40 for the PC version so I'd rather go that way, but not if I can't get achievements.

The Pants Party
08-21-2007, 06:04 PM
As of right now, you can't transfer your Live account to an XP system. They are working on it, and it supposedly will be available for future games, but as of right now, it isn't. Achievements on this one are Vista only, but you can play the game on XP.

The two games released so far (Halo 2/Shadowrun) have both had the word "Achievements" on the back, so I'm not sure why this one doesn't, but I've read tons of articles that says it supports achievement.

I'll head to Best Buy after work and check it out for myself. I didn't know the game was so much cheaper for the PC, so thanks for the heads up on that one.

eXiled Killah
08-21-2007, 06:13 PM
As of right now, you can't transfer your Live account to an XP system. They are working on it, and it supposedly will be available for future games, but as of right now, it isn't. Achievements on this one are Vista only, but you can play the game on XP.

The two games released so far (Halo 2/Shadowrun) have both had the word "Achievements" on the back, so I'm not sure why this one doesn't, but I've read tons of articles that says it supports achievement.

I'll head to Best Buy after work and check it out for myself. I didn't know the game was so much cheaper for the PC, so thanks for the heads up on that one.

Wow. Thanks! Didn't know LIVE! isn't transferable to XP. I thought becasue this game was supporting XP it was automatic that you could sign in to Live. Well that scraps the price idea. BTW, that's a Circuitcity circular price for this week on the PC version.

The Pants Party
08-21-2007, 06:16 PM
No worries, I'm sort of the only dude on the site that really knows anything about the whole PC achievement business, so I read every article I can find to be able to answer everyone's questions.

Thanks for the CC tip as well. I may still buy it for 360 anyway though, I think I'd enjoy it better on a bigger screen. :)