PDA

View Full Version : Fall Update Wishlist

Vista
08-16-2007, 07:26 PM
As many of you guys know there are two updates each year. This spring the update added messenger and many other things...

Here is my wishlist for this fall's update:

-Internet Browser (ex Internet Explorer, Firefox...)
-Paying online while downloading content (demos & DLC)
-3+ way voice chatting (party chat)
-3+ way video chatting (party chat)
-Separate "groups" on friends list (like AIM Buddy list)

Add your thoughts below!!!

LordDurham
08-16-2007, 07:29 PM
-3+ way voice chatting (party chat)
-Separate "groups" on friends list (like AIM Buddy list)

Would rock :p

Th3 Apache Dog
08-16-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't like the idea of internet browsing...the idea of party chat could get confusing since if everyone starts talking at the same time, you don't know who is talking. I would like to be able to download content while playing online however...

viciousmental56
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
the party chat would be good, having to switch between chat is annoying
but the reason you cant d/l while playing is because it would make the game lag, and xbox live lags enough we dont need any more reasons it does

edit: a cool thing to add would be a nickname type thing, where you could and a nickname next to each one of you friends, i dont know about you but alot of my friends change their name alot so i kept forgetting who it is

Vista
08-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't like the idea of internet browsing...

the idea of party chat could get confusing since if everyone starts talking at the same time, you don't know who is talking.

@ Browsing-PS3 has it and soon will Wii

@ Party Chat- All Shooters and online games have notifications of who is talking by placing their name with a speaker by it or by the speaker icon above their character, it would work!!

Th3 Apache Dog
08-16-2007, 07:37 PM

@ Party Chat- All Shooters and online games have notifications of who is talking by placing their name with a speaker by it or by the speaker icon above their character, it would work!!If party chat had a feature like that then it would be cool...I still don't like the idea of Internet browsing though...i would rather go on my comp. for some reason:p

JacePro
08-16-2007, 07:42 PM
I really like the party chat and seperate groups on firends list. Maybe extending the firends list a little for the gamers who have had their 360 from the start. Web browsing would be pretty cool and microsoft would make a profit off the messenger kits for the keyboard.

Possibilities...

Clipse 2
08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Actually its a shock that internet browsing isn't already implemented. For years now Microsoft has been wanting to slap you in the face with a system hardwired to your tv giving you access to the world. The Xbox has helped with this but they also know they'd have to be very careful when it comes to having a web browser built into the console. Look at how many security updates that are issued for IE each year. And before anyone starts going off at the mouth saying "What about FireFox?" stop and think about it. Its Microsoft why would they want to give you someone else's internet explorer? Anything to think about when web browsers are on consoles are the number of updates needed. Similar as stated above but take the PSP for example, there were firmware updates nearly every week fixing something including the browser. Yeah I'd love to have an internet browser put on my console, but I don't want a program on my console giving an open door to someone to hack my console either.

codedigital
08-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Firefox? Funny. You will never see Firefox on a MS product.

3 way chatting? Meh.

Browsing? Blackvista said Wii will have it soon...it already does buddy. But I could care less. I'd rather browse on my Media Center. However, if I do browse on a console, I'd do it on the Wii. Point and click dude.

I don't want downloads going on while I'm playing. It could get in the way of the connection. All these kids that buy these sub 1MB broadband connections and think they have high speed internet...

Groups on friends list? Meh. Don't know that I'd use that much.

Wolf
08-16-2007, 08:12 PM

@ Party Chat- All Shooters and online games have notifications of who is talking by placing their name with a speaker by it or by the speaker icon above their character, it would work!!

1. Actually the Wii has had it forever. Recently they released the full version, which is more or less the same thing, as far as I can tell.

2. Though that will work, I really doubt you're going to get too many voices confused; I've never had that problem in any Xbox Live game and certainly not with my "friends."

Zef
08-16-2007, 08:19 PM
VIDEO MARKETPLACE - Get rid of it or give us the same content! (they've had enough time to get licenses).

Group chatting would be quite good, then you can have squad chat in Chromehounds or organise covert boosting matches =)

Im a Manatee
08-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Party Chat is all I would want to be a happy camper, maybe allowing multiple downloads from your queue if you're in single player or download mode.

Rocket
08-16-2007, 08:30 PM
A larger Friends list! 100 is not nearly enough. I am constantly deleting friends so I can add new ones for certain things...I heard it is suppossed to be upgraded to 250 with the update. Also would like the ability to arrange them how I want. Put my x360a friends in a group, I hate alphabetical order...

Vista
08-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Firefox? Funny. You will never see Firefox on a MS product.

3 way chatting? Meh.

Browsing? Blackvista said Wii will have it soon...it already does buddy. But I could care less. I'd rather browse on my Media Center. However, if I do browse on a console, I'd do it on the Wii. Point and click dude.

I don't want downloads going on while I'm playing. It could get in the way of the connection. All these kids that buy these sub 1MB broadband connections and think they have high speed internet...

Groups on friends list? Meh. Don't know that I'd use that much.

Whoa man, just making suggestions, wake up on the wrong side of the bed today...

Just making suggestion and seeing what other people like :)

Smokez
08-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Im gonna start a rumor. This new update will allow you to have 4 people in 1 chat and The Friendslist will now have 200 people.

Vista
08-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Im gonna start a rumor. This new update will allow you to have 4 people in 1 chat and The Friendslist will now have 200 people.

True, or a rumor... or you just torturing me!!! :(

Smokez
08-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Thats the rumor Im starting. So if it comes true you kno where it was started and I want some money

codedigital
08-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Whoa man, just making suggestions, wake up on the wrong side of the bed today...

Just making suggestion and seeing what other people like :)

I wasn't attacking you man...just responding with my feelings about each one. Where do you get I was being mean? Hmmm.

Vista
08-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I wasn't attacking you man...just responding with my feelings about each one. Where do you get I was being mean? Hmmm.

I dunno here...

Browsing? Blackvista said Wii will have it soon...it already does buddy.and here...

I do browse on a console, I'd do it on the Wii. Point and click dude.I don't know seemed to me that you were a little negative on the whole subject, no hard feelings.

-----------------------------------------------

Thats the rumor Im starting. So if it comes true you kno where it was started and I want some money

lol, good rumor... I'll start mine

RUMOR-Microsoft will overcharge all DLC and games

WHOOPS already came true, MS points plz... lol

Bas #36
08-16-2007, 10:10 PM
I would like to see some more things with the cam. Maybe a Pic in picture chat screen or so. That would be sweet. Other thing I would love to see like written before. Internet explorer or some online radio/podcast features.

Pyroman31
08-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Group chat. That's all I want.

Spot2009
08-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Private chatrooms and clan support.

I think Internet browsing on a console is almost useless.

Vista
08-17-2007, 02:06 AM
I think Internet browsing on a console is almost useless.

Why... with the new keyboard attachment it would be great. Then I could surf the x360a forums and game at almost the same time :p

|oneyedNewb|
08-17-2007, 02:09 AM
To create your own gamer pictures would be good, won't happen but still

that and group chat.

DoM cAbAn
08-17-2007, 02:33 AM
The browsing idea wouldn't really catch my attention; that's why I have a laptop and a desktop. :p

The idea of a group chat would be great, though.

austin rules
08-17-2007, 03:18 AM
i thin the internet browser thing would be pretty cool

Kaens
08-17-2007, 03:30 AM
Group chat is a must. It's the biggest wish, it was on original Xbox and as far as I know the only reason they don't do it is bandwidth concerns. Everyone has asked for this since day one so I don't find that all that original.

What I want is
Some means to return to my private chat after I listen to a voice message that's either automatic to my previous channel are I just press one button to return me to the chat channel
The ability to turn friends requests off. A simple toggle that allows me to not get them without having to fill my list.
The ability to have a custom away or busy messages that could be displayed if anyone checks my status
Further breakdown of notification toggles. For example, when watching a video, I want to be able to turn off people signing on, but don't want to miss messages.
Can we please actually keep messages that we've sent?!? It's insane that we don't have a sent folder.
The ability when comparing my games to a friends to switch the order it is sorted - their played list or mine.
I'd like to see the dates when viewing friends achievements (as I can on xbox.com)
Sort friends by current game playing instead of by name
Better handling of messenger chat. Let me reserve space on my HD (configurable) to store past conversations.If I can think of more I'll edit the post, but honestly that list only took me about 3 mins to come up with.

Xterm1n8or
08-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Group chat is a must. It's the biggest wish, it was on original Xbox and as far as I know the only reason they don't do it is bandwidth concerns. Everyone has asked for this since day one so I don't find that all that original.

What I want is

Some means to return to my private chat after I listen to a voice message that's either automatic to my previous channel are I just press one button to return me to the chat channel
The ability to turn friends requests off. A simple toggle that allows me to not get them without having to fill my list.
The ability to have a custom away or busy messages that could be displayed if anyone checks my status
Further breakdown of notification toggles. For example, when watching a video, I want to be able to turn off people signing on, but don't want to miss messages.
Can we please actually keep messages that we've sent?!? It's insane that we don't have a sent folder.
The ability when comparing my games to a friends to switch the order it is sorted - their played list or mine.
I'd like to see the dates when viewing friends achievements (as I can on xbox.com)
Sort friends by current game playing instead of by name
Better handling of messenger chat. Let me reserve space on my HD (configurable) to store past conversations.If I can think of more I'll edit the post, but honestly that list only took me about 3 mins to come up with.

That is a great list, especially number 5, i have wanted a sent folder since the 360 came out, i hate sending out multiple messages at one time, getting loads of responses, and forgetting what i actualy said to certain people.

I think that as regards sending messages the character limit should be upped from 250 to 500 at least because i always find myself sending double messages to people because there isn't enough space.

An internet browser would be nice but i doubt id use it - too fiddly without a mouse. Unless you can connect a mouse to the 360? Ive never tried it doubt it would work, my keyboard is connected though.

I agree totally with Zef, europe needs the video marketplace, that is my biggest wish!

Mirksta
08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Group chat- a must, everyones been saying it

video marketplace in europe

an internet browser is stupid, we've all got computers and that's just asking for morons to download viruses and share them with the community

thats it really, how much further can they take this console before its a pc?

Vista
08-17-2007, 07:37 PM
\video marketplace in europe

They don't have video marketplace in Europe??

That's not fun!

:(:(

JacePro
08-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Group chat- a must, everyones been saying it

video marketplace in europe

an internet browser is stupid, we've all got computers and that's just asking for morons to download viruses and share them with the community

thats it really, how much further can they take this console before its a pc?

There really isn't a video marketplace in Europe? Hm, I didn't know that.

Anyways, I do believe that adding a internet browser is like adding a bid door for hackers to enter. If anything, Microsoft needs to beef up their security first.

Vista
08-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Anyways, I do believe that adding a internet browser is like adding a bid door for hackers to enter. If anything, Microsoft needs to beef up their security first.

Good point. A bunch of Nintendorks and Playstation Junkies are gonna get virused up i bet!!

Spot2009
08-18-2007, 07:01 AM
Why... with the new keyboard attachment it would be great. Then I could surf the x360a forums and game at almost the same time :p
Then it would be absolutely recommended to buy the keyboard attachment to use it. And I don't see any way of letting you browse internet while playing a game. It's basically the same reason for not being able to browse the marketplace at the same time of playing.

But I forgot to mention: Optimizing the Xbox Guide. Jesus Christ, I hate when the guide pops up for about 10 seconds before the text loads (which, at that point is when you can finally exit the guide).

Maka
08-18-2007, 12:30 PM
As many of you guys know there are two updates each year. This spring the update added messenger and many other things...

Here is my wishlist for this fall's update:

-Paying online while downloading content (demos & DLC)

Add your thoughts below!!!

That would kill your speed when plzaying online, you wouldnt be able to do anything, or the download would barely grow, at go very slowly... not worth it..

Vista
08-18-2007, 02:00 PM
But I forgot to mention: Optimizing the Xbox Guide. Jesus Christ, I hate when the guide pops up for about 10 seconds before the text loads (which, at that point is when you can finally exit the guide).

Agreed, the guide is so slow and glitchy!!