PDA

View Full Version : five 'newbie' lessons

temp0r
04-20-2006, 01:39 AM
finally got 1000 and there's some simple tips that would have helped along the way. Just my advice and little pointers along the way .. that may have been common sense, but I hadn't played a DW game until this one ..

1. STATION your men, that's the most fundamental part of the game. Use Station to load up your areas where you plan on attacking.

2. Leave Experience on .. helps with the limits of your characters, the max's carry over, you just loose your soldiers .. I used the same territory for the entire game, but think that hinders getting 250 officers.

3. instead of Consult (if there aren't any good ones) use the Assign feature, you can pick a speicific action. Helps with the officers and allows you to pick who to train or replenish soldiers.

4. GET means you've already GOTTEN the officer .. figured GET means GET him .. you want officers without GET

5. SAVE YOUR GAMES !!! it takes all of 2 seconds and by saving that's the only way your achievements will register .. my advice is to save one 'Invade' before you take the entire empire .. this is where you can ally the remaining and unlock officers

Tonloc79
04-20-2006, 02:35 AM
Where the hell were you 2 days ago when i had to learn the hard way? JK theese are 5 extremely important tips to this game!

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
04-20-2006, 03:22 AM
thx for the tips and congrats on the completion!

Havoced
04-30-2006, 11:49 PM
6. Don't rush straight for the enemy main base. You NEED to establish a supply line.