PDA

View Full Version : Guard not respawning (Dog Tag's)

Scott Sullivan
02-12-2012, 11:42 PM
I was playing on Normal difficulty and got to the Sewage treatment facility with Emma (Strut L) with the two guards patrolling on the inside.

I accidentally set off an Alert phase and killed everyone.
Now the original guards won't respawn so i can't get the dog tags.
Has anyone got any tips on how to make the guards respawn?

JuSt BLaZe
02-13-2012, 02:01 AM
NEXT TIME simply let them kill you or kill yourself and go for the CONTINUE option if you are after the precious DOG TAGS and you will start in the very same room (if there is no timer/bomb countdown). You can also wait till the two soldiers respawn but it takes a while, so do as I say and speed things up.

Don't go on a rampage like you did.

FiReStOrM^
02-22-2012, 11:00 PM
You can also wait till the two soldiers respawn but it takes a while, so do as I say and speed things up.

(just for my own curiosity and others who may want to know) So killed guards WILL spawn again? What kind of time period are we talking about.

Also a couple of times I've got a guard to drop a tag but I can't pick it up. Is there anyway to get that tag again without starting over?

JuSt BLaZe
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
(just for my own curiosity and others who may want to know) So killed guards WILL spawn again? What kind of time period are we talking about.

Also a couple of times I've got a guard to drop a tag but I can't pick it up. Is there anyway to get that tag again without starting over?

Yeah I can confirm they spawn again. Make use of my method if you fail to get one dog tag and go for the continue OR leave the area (if possible) and go to "let's say" 3-5 different other locations. Then come back and the guards should be back at their spot. I recommend the CONTINUE method though, way faster.

As for your second question, I guess not. One time I broke a guard's neck and the stupid dog tag landed right IN THE WALL next to him. I couldn't pick it up. What a joke huh. So I had to do the sneaking etc. all over again. So be careful.

sircamjim
06-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Well, I can confirm that ALMOST all soldiers respawn if not killed by snake and snake gets killed, except a few troublesome ones, like one in the tanker, in the machine room, just passing by raven's shadow. If I remember well, there is another one in one connecting bridge and one near arsenal's jejunum. This can change depending on difficulty. How to solve it? Reload the game. That's why you should save often and keep a backup save.

tysonrss
06-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Why are you going around shooting anyway? This isn't Call of fags Duty.

NinjaWarrior456
07-09-2012, 12:52 AM
If you're going for a dog tag run then don't shoot anyone. Plain and simple.