PDA

View Full Version : Community?

TheyCallMeLucas
02-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Does anyone know if a place exists where there is an active community of Lips fanatics who share tricks of the trade and accomplishments? Rock Band and Guitar Hero have scorehero, but does Lips have enough of a following? I would love to know!

Lava Tonsil
02-13-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm not aware of any specific community but there's plenty of people on here for advice and tips. I think because Microsoft stopped adding songs for download and didn't sort out the corruption glitches this game didn't quite get the community it deserved.
I'd love another game or two, another 80s one or rock classics would be cool, but i don;t think there's any desire there on Microsoft's part.

TheyCallMeLucas
02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
That's a shame. These games are fantastic. I just wish I understood the scoring more. It seems pretty random. Beyond keeping a combo throughout the entire song, I can't see how else to increase my score. There are quite a few songs I've combo'd entirely but there are still people ahead of me by millions of points on some occasions. I would like the capability to earn more #1s, so any help with scoring would be great.

Lava Tonsil
02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
The secret there is they played on duet, which will still show as an individual score on a song. It confused me for ages!
I played this a lot with my gf and we have several high ranking identical scores because we played in duet mode. If you're consistently getting a 'Big bang' rating you're scoring well in this game, regardless of what the leaderboard shows.

TheyCallMeLucas
02-14-2012, 09:06 PM
The secret there is they played on duet, which will still show as an individual score on a song. It confused me for ages!
I played this a lot with my gf and we have several high ranking identical scores because we played in duet mode. If you're consistently getting a 'Big bang' rating you're scoring well in this game, regardless of what the leaderboard shows.

There are separate leaderboards for solo and co-op so there shouldn't be any overlap?

xboxlips
04-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I started up an Xbox Lips fansite last year which has quite a few members and people looking for singing challenges.

http://www.XboxLips.com