PDA

View Full Version : Armor & Radome help...

L Ducko
02-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Does anyone have any full proof ways to make sure the AI units drop the above items?

I know Chrysalis will drop the radome & Rail gun, got the Rail gun but not the dome...

I keep :uzi:away at Cocoon, but at least one thing gets in the way and it hasn't dropped stuff in like 10 goes now...

tehapoc
02-13-2012, 12:25 PM
I just hammered the fights out until I eventually got them. If I was trying to get parts, I didn't notice a drastic increase/decrease in the drop rate by avoiding or hitting the parts associated with what I needed.

I know if you're going for a specific piece like Peace Walker's legs or Cocoon's head that you specifically need to avoid hitting those parts.

L Ducko
02-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Cocoon especially has me annoyed, coz I go into the fight with the gustav rocket launcher and only hit the top of the AI unit which gives me the damage indicator but not indication of a memory board unlocking... And a machine gun which also allows me to hammer away at the AI core more accurately....

As far as the Radome goes, is virtually impossible since you need to use the lock on missile Launcher.... Which damages some of the body...

If there are any better strategies for these bosses let me know... Is it that I have to S rank them?

tehapoc
02-14-2012, 12:05 AM
No, I don't think rank matters.

And you don't need to use the homing rocket launcher in order to take down the chrysalis.

tony1985
07-08-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm also having trouble getting the armour, and I've probably done the cocoon fights 10 times each! But I'm sure I'get it eventually

Albel Nox
07-01-2014, 04:13 PM
I was having trouble getting the armor too. Then I gave up.
Went back to the fight after I beat the game and had Gustav Lv4. It tore through cocoon's health and hitting only the ai pod finally gave me the armor piece. If that helps.