PDA

View Full Version : How to get the Gearhead achievement, the easy way!

Goetzsta
02-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Check out my Shower of Gold achievement guides aswell:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=357485

Step 1: You will need to create a class with the Airspace Denier and also the Wallflower Fun Fact 1

Step 2: Get in a game and select your class

Step 3: Find a nice hiding spot

Step 4: Look at the floor and smash the shit out of 'F' and 'G' to throw down and then pick up your Airspace Denier

When you have completed all the challenges for Step 4 (this shouldn't take longer than one game), you can now begin the 2nd challenge for the Feat

Go to a flying vent, and simply just throw your Airspace Denier down, you have two, so take them both to different vents.

This challenge takes the longest, it took me about 7-10 games to complete it, but you can still enjoy the game whilst doing it, so it's not much of a ballache!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Ira_kHIhE

ofay
02-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Hmm might have to try this out, all I need is targeted enimey kills but it seems no one uses the goggles but me and damage absorbed by body armor.

I'm hoping I can use the motivator for the max a weapon, all I need on the dawn patrol is kills and head shots, an im rubbish at headshots

Mr Yac
02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Hmm might have to try this out, all I need is targeted enimey kills but it seems no one uses the goggles but me and damage absorbed by body armor.

i hate that to master the stuff you need to kill people who are using it, makes no sense to me that they decided to do it that way

ofay
02-13-2012, 07:36 PM
i hate that to master the stuff you need to kill people who are using it, makes no sense to me that they decided to do it that way
It's not kill someone using it, it's kill someone who's been targeted. But the problem is 90% of the time I target someone a team mate kills them before I can. I average 20-40 assists a game from the goggles, I'm at 250ish kills of targeted enimies but I have well over 1000 enimies targeted

Mr Yac
02-13-2012, 07:43 PM
well i ment for a lot of the challanges, not just that one. like for the ninja smoke you need to kill a ton of people who are invisible which is a pain, because unlike the armor that people always have active you need to catch and kill somebody with the smoke active for it to count

GaryTheSnail
02-14-2012, 12:23 AM
I think the best way is the motion sensors. The challenges are to throw 500 and tag 2500 which isn't alot especially how the motion sensors take up a big portion of the map. Right when I spawn I throw one then when it recharges I throw another, works like a charm.

Doktor Wilhelm
02-14-2012, 07:47 AM
I use the goggles on my Tank; only have about 50 more kills to go...
Wish I know it would have been so easy with the Airspace Denier! :p

kyboy
02-14-2012, 01:26 PM
i swear since i started trying this the other day, i cant seem to find anyone using the glider lol... i completed the other challenge for it though in 2 matches..
nice job btw..

upindat
02-14-2012, 01:32 PM
I got my cheevo using the motion sensors. Took a while but got it no problem. I was working on the same thing with the hatchet. just find a corner and keep throwing it into the wall, pick it up. boom easy.

Goetzsta
02-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Maybe i just got lucky with the amount of gliders going :/, it literally took me about 7-10 games

kyboy
02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
i guess im gona put em down where i know ppl fly... they dont have to be on vents right? an i noticed when u die, theyre still there.. are they still effective or are they jus decorations? lol..

Doktor Wilhelm
02-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I think the best way is the motion sensors. The challenges are to throw 500 and tag 2500 which isn't alot especially how the motion sensors take up a big portion of the map. Right when I spawn I throw one then when it recharges I throw another, works like a charm.

Tried out the motion sesors for the first time; and they are brilliant, just find a hidding spot near a high trafic area (usually near the center of the map) and keep throwing them out (there's no need to leave your hidding spot, as the related feats are none combative), also as it recharges before the first finishes so you can have 2 on the go at once.
For bonus exp while grinding up the feat; use the codependent psych profile!

upindat
02-14-2012, 01:46 PM
i guess im gona put em down where i know ppl fly... they dont have to be on vents right? an i noticed when u die, theyre still there.. are they still effective or are they jus decorations? lol..

Good question!! i was wondering the same thing?? i have only used them for a few games.

kyboy
02-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Good question!! i was wondering the same thing?? i have only used them for a few games.

me too.. so im new to it, not really sure how it works if u die... i guess maybe ill put em down, die, an not put any more down an see what happens..

ApocalypticJoker
02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Personally i just throw them back down just to be safe but they just disappear sometimes so i have to run my lazy ass back and reset it >_<

I also found that the Care Package works too without needing enemies help but takes a bit longer:
get a Heavy with Wallflower, Body Armor and rockets, start the match and hide, throw the Care Package and shoot the rockets so you take splash damage.
walk on to the Care Package and voila: health and ammo refills!
You need to wait for it to reload before you can throw your next CP but the most tedious part is recovering the health and ammo which can take upwards of fifteen games....

And theoretically you can use ANY body type with or without armor, i just prefer hevies because they wont die when you're splashing

ofay
02-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Might look into the motion sensor, not going as fast as I would like with the air space denier

ApocalypticJoker
02-14-2012, 04:35 PM
play Fumigation and throw them at the tanks?

Goetzsta
02-14-2012, 06:13 PM
They're still effective, they last 30 seconds each (or until they shoot someone down) and you can put as many as you want down..

Doktor Wilhelm
02-14-2012, 09:47 PM
And theoretically you can use ANY body type with or without armor, i just prefer hevies because they wont die when you're splashing

Random question: does this help getting the feats of prowess for taking X amount of damage with each class?

ofay
02-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Random question: does this help getting the feats of prowess for taking X amount of damage with each class?
Ooh that would be awesome if it does, getting the 1250 damage eaten with the nimble sucks

ApocalypticJoker
02-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Im not sure, i usually die before i hit 1000

ofay
02-14-2012, 10:34 PM
I think you have to do it in one life

ApocalypticJoker
02-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Probably....ill check it out and see what i get

Edit: it does NOT work, i just spent the whole match as a Speedy (only needs 1000) and did about 61 damage per shot.
The match lasted into overtime and i got nothing

ofay
02-15-2012, 12:32 AM
it doesnt reset but it only shows you the highest youve gotten in one life correct?

I can also confirm it does not work

ApocalypticJoker
02-15-2012, 03:34 AM
I think so. Mine says 200/1000 for Speedy but didnt increase after the next match; it kinda works like a Personal Best tracker i guess

Oh and in regards to the Motion Sensor, it is SO tedious i want to off myself >_<

DROGTURIST
02-15-2012, 09:48 AM
I have to say this thread makes extremely little sense... What's the point of rushing to getting Gearhead when you'll still need to play like 30 more hours to get all the other achievements?

Just sounds pointlessly selfish to sit in a corner and give yourself splash damage when you could just be playing normally and tossing motion sensors down for your team.

Doktor Wilhelm
02-15-2012, 07:12 PM
I have to say this thread makes extremely little sense... What's the point of rushing to getting Gearhead when you'll still need to play like 30 more hours to get all the other achievements?

Just sounds pointlessly selfish to sit in a corner and give yourself splash damage when you could just be playing normally and tossing motion sensors down for your team.

People's playstyles my not lead to them getting some achievements easily (since they may use equipment that is very difficult to level); so threads like this help them.
And some people like to get achievements out of the way as quickly as possible, even if other achievments take much longer to gain...

Also; you can't make much more sense around here than posting a tread about how to gain an achievement, on a website themed around Xbox Achievements! ;D I understand you may not agree with boosting and such, but it's a large reason people visit this website...

ofay
02-15-2012, 08:13 PM
I think so. Mine says 200/1000 for Speedy but didnt increase after the next match; it kinda works like a Personal Best tracker i guess

Oh and in regards to the Motion Sensor, it is SO tedious i want to off myself >_<
IMO its easier than airspace, you need way more persons tracked but it works better because it gets everyone that crosses it, they don't have to be mid air

ApocalypticJoker
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
true enough im just lazy lol

Mr Yac
02-16-2012, 06:54 AM
People's playstyles my not lead to them getting some achievements easily (since they may use equipment that is very difficult to level); so threads like this help them.
And some people like to get achievements out of the way as quickly as possible, even if other achievments take much longer to gain...

Also; you can't make much more sense around here than posting a tread about how to gain an achievement, on a website themed around Xbox Achievements! ;D I understand you may not agree with boosting and such, but it's a large reason people visit this website...

i agree, i was trying to level the ninja smoke but killing the thousand or so people WHILE they're invisible is a real pain, so i'll be giving this a try for sure