PDA

View Full Version : How to break the game - **Godly Damage Gear Setup

Iam918
02-13-2012, 09:08 PM
This is with Maxed Blacksmith (mastercraft) having also made an epic gem (chest only) + 6 utility gems from sagecraft.

The best weapon / non-chest gear gem is a utility gem - +20% damage to lightly wounded targets. ('Lightly wounded' is anywhere from 75-100%.)

When creating your items you will want to stack %Damage. Gems to be set as outlined below.

The best gem setup is smithing the +20% Utility gem into both your weapons, your 4 non-chest armor pieces, and your shield, and the +15% damage epic gem into your chest.

You will pretty much 1 shot everything.

Taken from: http://www.fohguild.org/forums/2285646-post3053.html

With this setup Sean (the poster) pulled a 1,697,128 backstab kill.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/2284458-post2962.html

*no screenshots but Sean has no need to boast about stuff of this nature.

MADasaHatter
02-13-2012, 10:15 PM
I wondered what lightly wounded meant. Guess I'll give this a try.

Method
02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
I can't do this! I made the god armor thread for Skyrim and making that armor ruined the game for me. At least now with Reckoning every once in awhile I'll get a challenging fight. To each his own but I won't ruin another good RPG experience by exploiting the crafting system.

JONBLEACH
02-14-2012, 01:19 AM
What is fun with 1-shotting anyways, deff no fun at all

Felix Pie
02-14-2012, 03:37 AM
What is fun with 1-shotting anyways, deff no fun at all

Nothing at all. This post is for someone who want to ruin the game, someone that doesn't like the game and wants to 1000 it quickly, and/or someone with a small penis.

haven
02-14-2012, 04:03 AM
Nothing at all. This post is for someone who want to ruin the game, someone that doesn't like the game and wants to 1000 it quickly, and/or someone with a small penis.

Maybe the guy has already put in 60 hours worth of gameplay on normal and doesn't want to do it all again in hard mode just for an achievement.
I think I'll attempt to use this for that purpose. . It says how to break the game in the Title of the thread, why does it seem like your criticizing him for telling you the truth? Should people not post helpful information in your pressence?

OMG Fat Tony
02-14-2012, 04:21 AM
I built overpowered gear before noticing this thread, because of the fight with the red-gemmed troll guy. After making the new gear, he was incredibly easy (even on Hard difficulty for the achievement), and the rest of the game is disappointingly easy. It's a shame too, I was really looking forward to Amalur tiding me over until Mass Effect 3 Insanity playthrough, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Kraderic
02-14-2012, 04:33 AM
I can't do this! I made the god armor thread for Skyrim and making that armor ruined the game for me. At least now with Reckoning every once in awhile I'll get a challenging fight. To each his own but I won't ruin another good RPG experience by exploiting the crafting system.

Do you think you could possibly create a blacksmithing guide, though? Assuming you know enough about the skill, that is. Lots of new players of Skyrim were mindlessly lost when it came to smithing & enchants. While some players used the tips to utterly break the game, I'm sure a good number of them used the tips to simply enhance or attune their weapons to their play-style. I'm sure the same can be said for this game!

TrishTheDish
02-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Maybe the guy has already put in 60 hours worth of gameplay on normal and doesn't want to do it all again in hard mode just for an achievement.
I think I'll attempt to use this for that purpose. . It says how to break the game in the Title of the thread, why does it seem like your criticizing him for telling you the truth? Should people not post helpful information in your pressence?
You must obviously be new to this site, every single thread where a kind soul offers any kind of trick to a game is subjected to tons of negative posts like that. Quite sad really.

Hansathan
02-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the tips but as many others above stated, I don't plan on doing this. Hard mode is already too easy now that I've maxed blacksmithing and Sagecraft. I'm just gonna stick with what i got going on. Currently level 24 with a combined armor strength of 960, and rocking 133 daggers with poison/crit, and a 198 hammer with bleeding/lightning. I'll be good ;)

ponypo2001
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm still baffled how people are making anything other than crap with blacksmithing as that's all I could create. Even with those gems, I'm nowhere near one shotting anything. Been using those gems since way before this thread but I've honestly not felt them breaking the game at all. I still take years to kill anything even with all my poison and bleed damage. I must be missing some secret somewhere.

STWWAT
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
It could be the weapons. I have a pretty good staff. With the right enchantments i believe it would be a one shot. Or at least it would make quick work of everything, or rather quicker work of everything.

lord verh
02-14-2012, 03:21 PM

Get Dark Souls, ASAP!

Iam918
02-14-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm still baffled how people are making anything other than crap with blacksmithing as that's all I could create. Even with those gems, I'm nowhere near one shotting anything. Been using those gems since way before this thread but I've honestly not felt them breaking the game at all. I still take years to kill anything even with all my poison and bleed damage. I must be missing some secret somewhere.

The gems help but you have to make a good weapon or gear to go w/ it. To make the best stuff you need 10 skill in BS for Mastercraft.

*sorry for the bad PS skills to paste the bottoms to the tops as it scrolls ingame when looking at the items.

There are some other parts to look for:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5198/rivetst.jpghttp://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1130/bindingsl.jpg
>5% crit string / handles / rivets

I'll post the few mid-tier pieces I have made when I get home.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/474/shoeszq.jpghttp://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4488/robes.jpghttp://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1425/handsh.jpghttp://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4643/chakram.jpg

Have yet to find a good base AC piece for the helm, shield or DMG piece for another weapon. I like the base dmg for weapons just incase I want to use them which is not often.

yevinorion
02-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah like Iam918 said, the main thing is the base components of your items. Since you get better base components the further you are in the game geographically, it kinda balances out the awesomeness of smithing and stops you from making OP gear while still in the very first zone or whatever.

One way around that though, if you have a lot of money, is to buy awesome weapons from the later towns and then salvage them for the core components. It may take some saving/reloading to get to salvage exactly the part you need, but with this and lots of points in blacksmithing/sagecrafting you can create some monster stuff earlier than you normally would.

Iam918
02-14-2012, 11:56 PM
added a few pics of mid tier gear I've made

MADasaHatter
02-15-2012, 01:42 AM
From what I see, it's only just over 100% lightly damaged enemies for you. I've done the craft and I'm hovering around 90-95% myself and it just isn't reaping any real rewards. My gear before this, with tons of crit damage % and health steal, was much more effective since I use dagger. Guess I'll go back to that.

Iam918
02-15-2012, 06:57 AM
found a blue shield w/ 2 utility slots in it. added 2x 20% lightly damage gems to it. also added staff stats: 39% dmg to lightly , +6% damage (gives another 79% to the total for lightly dmg'd mobs)
have the archsage/savant rings from Scholia Arcana line (25% fire/ice/lightning total) & 20% damage, +6% crit neck

highest hit now is 21974 pretty sure it was w/ meteor

Kraderic
02-15-2012, 07:21 AM
found a blue shield w/ 2 utility slots in it. added 2x 20% lightly damage gems to it. also added staff stats: 39% dmg to lightly , +6% damage (gives another 79% to the total for lightly dmg'd mobs)
have the archsage/savant rings from Scholia Arcana line (25% fire/ice/lightning total) & 20% damage, +6% crit neck

highest hit now is 21974 pretty sure it was w/ meteor

This guy's got ya beat with +401% damage.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5232/koarbrokenblacksmithing.png

Iam918
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
This guy's got ya beat with +401% damage.

Nice & he's not fully min/maxed either. He's @ 361% daytime dmg / 401% nighttime damage and we're not seeing his rings / neck slots either. Lets say, for arguments sake, he's using the same as myself seeing he's a Sorc. that'd add 45% dmg (25% elemental, 20% all) bringing him to 406% Day/ 446% Night Dmg.

Few component changes and he could be pushing 500% all the time easily, not like it matters at that point though.

I'd love to hear what his max & average damage is.

*Found his post @ the main boards

I then built a whole set of gear with these, and ended up doing 11k damage with a basic staff attack, although I changed my gems afterwards for some health/mana regen. Now I just do 7-8k with a staff attack. Pretty much trivializes an already sort of easy game.

yevinorion
02-15-2012, 08:27 PM
I've wondered about what would be the most damaging gem, seems like the "lightly damaged enemies" is the winner. Although, what's this you guys are talking about 361% daytime damage and 401% nighttime? Are you using the day/night dmg gems instead of lightly damaged enemies?

Once I get my Sagecraft to 8 (one point away) and Blacksmith to 10 (3 pts away, really 2 since I'm almost where I get the skill book from Warsworn quests), I'll probably try to craft up something that has a balance of these damage gems and some health regen.

Iam918
02-15-2012, 08:49 PM
I've wondered about what would be the most damaging gem, seems like the "lightly damaged enemies" is the winner. Although, what's this you guys are talking about 361% daytime damage and 401% nighttime? Are you using the day/night dmg gems instead of lightly damaged enemies?

If you look at the screenshot that Kraderic posted you'll see the stats on the gear has 20% damage during the day or damage at night mods. These will only work during the specific hours so it makes them worth nothing for half the day.

If you can stack straight Master Damaging grip/rivet (24% damage) mods they would be the best. Some crafting slots might not be able to take these however. If that's the case the best filler for them would be % to lightly damaged mods if they can be used.

Master Damaging mods are rare, from what I've read, and for the most part need to be dupe'd using Mastercraft Blacksmithing.

yevinorion
02-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Ah gotcha, wasn't able to see the pic as my job has "Websense" blocking almost anything cool so I only see text. Have to check this thread when I get home.

So for those who are further along in the game and Blacksmithing tree, how rare are these components? Is it basically a point where you have to just save/load on salvaged gear to get the right components?

ExtremeRugburn
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
You must obviously be new to this site, every single thread where a kind soul offers any kind of trick to a game is subjected to tons of negative posts like that. Quite sad really.

I totally agree. This is an achievement site, so any and all info on how to get them faster and easier should not be shunned or criticized as long as the methods are not interfering with someone elses game.

Iam918
02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Is it basically a point where you have to just save/load on salvaged gear to get the right components?

When you salvage gear you get random grades of random components. Higher level gear will give a greater chance of higher level components.

If you are "farming" for specific components then you'll want to create a save point before each item you are salvaging and reload until you get the part you are looking for or you say "f*ck it" and keep the best of the ones you'll get from that gear and go to the next piece.

So:

1) Save
2) Salvage
3) Reload if you don't like the component or Save if you do
4) GoTo step 2 for next piece to be salvaged.

-Erik-
02-16-2012, 03:19 AM
Wish I knew about this earlier, when I was mopping up getting reagents and persuasion checks, fighting enemies over and over got annoying. :P

Oh well, thanks for posting it.

Mercury
02-16-2012, 04:00 AM

Holy shit! That was you?! I read that entire post in the Skyrim forums, couldn't believe someone actually figured that out (it was a while back so I didn't remember the OP). Showed it to my buddy who was big into the whole crafting/stacking thing, he ate it up. Loved it.

But I personally can't do this stuff. I enjoy picking up loot/buying cool things way too much.

Der Toten Ein
02-17-2012, 07:28 AM
I named my sword Pillow because it puts the bad guys to sleep!!!

BrassBallz
02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Socketed a full set of Troll Armor with 2 utility and 1 armor gem each using best quality Pristine gems as follows: 3+20% Lightly Wounded, 3+20% Heavily Wounded, 2+20% Day/Night Damage, 2+2 Health Regeneration.

Created Master Bow using Greater components, all fire, with a Incinerate gem at LV20 with Ash limbs as base. Worked out to 151dmg. With max bow skill you fire 7-arrows which pretty much one hit kills just about everything short of a Thresh.

You can keep applying this tactic with better parts to significant effect which makes Hard quite Easy. You'll also never need health regen potions again.

o CYB0RG o
02-25-2012, 03:50 PM

Maybe we should get anti-freedom and opinion moderators too...

Hansathan
02-26-2012, 02:40 PM
After stating above I would not do this because I already found Hard too easy, I finally caved and made this type of equipment at hour 60. I've seen pretty much all the game has to offer and wanted to run through the remainder, so I don't feel bad about it. Crafted an entire set of Dreadscale armor that each piece on average has +28% damage, +15% critical hit, and +20% damage vs lightly damaged enemies. The one piece also has +3.5 health regen per second. Mix this with my bow that's 181 base damage and my new Tier 6 Slayer Destiny that does +25% ranged damage, and it's safe to say no one gets near me ;)