PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Impressions

iBuzz7S
02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Wow. So I've spent a good 2 hours playing the game and I must say, 800 MS Points is worth it!

I think IEvil IMonkey (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4891587&postcount=7) said it best - it's kinda like Shadow Complex.

There are collectibles, which can be made easy with an upgrade which will show you the locations on the map. There are also challenges, which at the moment, I am struggling to get under the silver time. Again, there is an upgrade which could help with it.

So far, I am really impressed. It's got a feel of 'Splosion Man, but a lot better.

Definitely going to be one of those underrated games.

Will edit to upload a little clip I edited down to 5 minutes.

13ip0lar
02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Just what I expected. I thought it would be a puzzler more portal-esce but am still happy with it. I'm interested to know if after you beat it will you be able to back-track or start a new game plus with current skill upgrades?

iBuzz7S
02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm interested to know if after you beat it will you be able to back-track or start a new game plus with current skill upgrades?
I could hopefully find out myself tomorrow, as I will be attempting to get through the game.

Also, here's the gameplay I have recorded.

Warp - Corpse Killer Achievement + Extra Gameplay - YouTube

DjBatfink
02-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Wow...This game is great for 800msp...
I been playing it all day and it's very good, one of the best games i've played since Shadow Complex..
It looks good and plays very well, the warp abilities is a great idea...
I'm wondering what happens when you finish, if you can new game+ or still carry on playing, to be able to collect the missed pick-up's and achievements etc...
You should check out the demo......

Kilerden
02-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Tried the demo this morning and it was cool, but I was waiting to see some response before buying this game, but I guess the game is good. :P

I'll probably buy it in a few hours when I'm finished with some work.

Matll
02-15-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm wondering what happens when you finish, if you can new game+ or still carry on playing, to be able to collect the missed pick-up's and achievements etc...

Didn't try starting a new game so I don't know about the new game+ but you can't carry on playing after the ending.

Kilerden
02-15-2012, 06:50 PM
How long does the game take to complete Matll?

Matll
02-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I'd say something like 4-5 hours.

13ip0lar
02-15-2012, 08:25 PM
I just wanna say that I believe I'm close to the end of the game as escape is in sight at this point and now able to backtrack and get things I wasn't without the other abilities. I don't wanna spoil anything for anyone, but the puzzles get a bit more tricky as time goes on. Just a matter of of being quick with the warps. :3

Nutmeg
02-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Is it possible to backtrack after you complete the game?

EDIT: Oops, it seems I'm blind.

iBuzz7S
02-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Didn't try starting a new game so I don't know about the new game+ but you can't carry on playing after the ending.
SO YOU'RE THE THAT I SEE ON THE LEADERBOARDS!!!

:chair :chair :chair

:p

How do you get gold? Is it just pure luck or have you upgraded your little dude to move quicker? I swear, I think I spent a good hour trying to get gold on one and I would not stop swearing at the screen.

Nutmeg
02-15-2012, 11:54 PM
How do you get gold? Is it just pure luck or have you upgraded your little dude to move quicker? I swear, I think I spent a good hour trying to get gold on one and I would not stop swearing at the screen.

Upgrades don't affect challenges. It's not luck, it's skill and choosing an optimal route.
It's hard to explain in words exactly what to do. I'm sure video guides will be here soon.

Matll
02-15-2012, 11:56 PM

Edit. Dammit Nutmeg answered while I was writing. -.-

The upgrades don't work in the challenge rooms and it definitely isn't about luck. You just need to try enough times to understand "the right way" to complete them. You shouldn't try to rush to the end the first few times but you should try to explore the level and find the best solution to the "puzzle".

Wildmn34
02-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the video iBuzz.

I was close to pulling the trigger to get it. Now I'm sure I will.

iBuzz7S
02-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the video iBuzz.
No problem. I've been called an "developer in disguise" on another forum because I said that the game is worth a purchase. Not sure how that makes me a developer of some sort, but the game deserves all the credit it can get.

Tyger7
02-16-2012, 08:16 AM
It's a great game, but the character is childish looking. I saw the concept art in the extras and almost every previous version of the character was better. They all looked much more violent/believable. This one looks really familiar, I just can't put my finger on it.

Sgt Scyther
02-17-2012, 04:47 PM
It's a great game, but the character is childish looking. I saw the concept art in the extras and almost every previous version of the character was better. They all looked much more violent/believable. This one looks really familiar, I just can't put my finger on it.
Why does the character have to look violent to be believable?

Personally, I like how the character is small and cute. It makes him look innocent and harmless until you see what he's capable of.

Tyger7
02-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Why does the character have to look violent to be believable?

Personally, I like how the character is small and cute. It makes him look innocent and harmless until you see what he's capable of.

I didn't mind it until I saw the cooler versions ;) Then I was wishing I could play as them. Maybe customize the color of the glow, that'd be sweet.