PDA

View Full Version : BioShock Length Announced

M7.Ninja
08-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Source (http://xboxer.tv/2007/08/eif_2007_bioshock_length_revea.html)

It's going to take around 20 hours to go through, which, for an FPS, is pretty good, and will have two alternate endings based on what choices you make in the game.

I think, basically, it's going to use the classic "Good Ending, Bad Ending" tactic, based on whether you save (Good) or harvest (Bad) the Little Sisters in the game.

wolfyio
08-17-2007, 09:13 AM
It may have 20 hours of single player game time, but I still won't buy it because it has no multiplayer. 50 achievements for one story could be good though.

Zef
08-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Really it is going to be 40 though isn't it, noone will play through a single time.

Sounds like it is going to be one crazy undersea adventure =D

stankit
08-17-2007, 09:21 AM
i have completed the game and it took me 21-22 hours

loved every minute of it

Sam360
08-17-2007, 12:41 PM
I think I'll play through on easy, then hard...then medium to get the achievements I missed out on...

I'll really take my time on the first playthrough to learn the city well, so that it's not so bad on hard....so I guess I'll be getting 70+ hours out of this game....and by the looks of it, it will be an awesome 70 hours!

Next Anomaly
08-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Do the achievements unlock on easy? Sorry if this was answered before.

Sam360
08-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Do the achievements unlock on easy? Sorry if this was answered before.
From what I've seen, yes...but the secret ones could be difficulty related..

Next Anomaly
08-17-2007, 03:19 PM
From what I've seen, yes...but the secret ones could be difficulty related..
Cool, thanks man.

SegaSaturnSNK
08-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Can't forget that you might get DLC for the game too! Extra levels or added story. We won't get it right away but still, it adds more depth. Either way, 20 hours is good enough for a FPS.

flip
08-17-2007, 05:22 PM
i would have completed this game already(i could finish it already, but i'm trying to do something) but there's this one room that i haven't been able to get into and it's pissing me off, because i've been looking around for about 2 hours trying to find out how to open it and i can't figure it out, and ya, it will take about 20 hours to complete, unless you search everything like i have, then it will take a bit longer

KMB 316
08-17-2007, 06:49 PM
iive played for a few hours and already have 3 of the secret achievementse which are for beating a boss or doing a level goal

M7.Ninja
08-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I think it will take a little less than 20 hours if you just drift through the game to the end. If you rush, it may take as little as half that time.

If, like I plan to do, you take the time to take everything in and explore the environment thoroughly (How many people found the second Plasmid in the demo? How many dollars did you collect?), you will probably take as long as 30 hours or so.

Zef
08-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I think it will take a little less than 20 hours if you just drift through the game to the end. If you rush, it may take as little as half that time.

If, like I plan to do, you take the time to take everything in and explore the environment thoroughly (How many people found the second Plasmid in the demo? How many dollars did you collect?), you will probably take as long as 30 hours or so.

You are prompted to find the second one aren't you?

I too plan to take my time the first play through, in games like this I prefer to sneak around everywhere and believe that a big rocket-launching death robot is just around the corner. And since you asked, I amassed about $87 when I last checked my total.

Since some people already have it, does the game tell you how long you have been playing for in some kind of menu?

flip
08-17-2007, 11:56 PM
no, it doesn't, you have to judge for yourself how long you've been playing

DoM cAbAn
08-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Sounds good. Should be an enjoyable 20 or so hours of playing. :)

MrEastSide
08-18-2007, 01:07 PM
It may have 20 hours of single player game time, but I still won't buy it because it has no multiplayer. 50 achievements for one story could be good though.

When are people going to realize that all the rehashed multi-player FPS are the same thing just in a different title? Seriously, how many different times can you play death match and CTF before you are bored? Can't you satisfy your multi-player needs with one of the other 100 FPS games out there and buy this one for the single player mode?

XxCRAZYSNIP3RxX
08-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Hard to believe but this will take longer then the first time I went through RE4.....I cant wait for this

da voodoo child
08-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Can't forget that you might get DLC for the game too! Extra levels or added story. We won't get it right away but still, it adds more depth. Either way, 20 hours is good enough for a FPS.

ya but DLC for this game will be wierd because no multiplayer and the story basically ends at the end of the game.

sln333
08-18-2007, 05:30 PM
This sounds like a good length for this game. The other single player game I have, Oblivion, is great but it's too long. I could easily beat Bioshock now that I know it's 20 hours.

MrEastSide
08-18-2007, 07:28 PM
ya but DLC for this game will be wierd because no multiplayer and the story basically ends at the end of the game.

Could add new weapons or monsters. Or just add on some areas. Say for instance there are areas that look accessible when you play through the first time, but you can't go there and the DLC would allow that area to be explored, etc...

theforcemonkey
08-18-2007, 07:42 PM
When are people going to realize that all the rehashed multi-player FPS are the same thing just in a different title? Seriously, how many different times can you play death match and CTF before you are bored? Can't you satisfy your multi-player needs with one of the other 100 FPS games out there and buy this one for the single player mode?

Preach on! Honestly, I usually only want to play online with a group of friends, otherwise, I'm content to play on my own. All the multiplayer in the world can't make up for a shitty single player. (Except Shadowrun, that game is harsh.)

Tai_MT
08-19-2007, 12:06 AM
I look forward to Bioshock.

I have no clue when it'll be in stores here or whatever, since it always takes an extra week or two to reach me, which is annoying...

But on my first playthough, I'm going to go out of my way to get into areas I'm probably not supposed to be in. I tried that in several places in the demo. I even kept hoping I could hop off the balcony and down to that guy I shot. Never did find a way down to him. I even looked for ways to go back to the beginning, once I reached the Little Sister.

By the time I FINALLY ended the demo...

I'd hacked a security camera, hacked a security drone, one of the turrets, found an "electric buck", smoked three or four packs of cigarettes, got good and drunk, and killed any enemy I could find.

I amassed $120 before hacking the turret in the bathroom, then another $40 after hacking it and before the end.

You get a LOT more money for someone if you shoot them or beat them to death instead of using a plasmid on them. For some reason, the Plasmids can destroy the money and items an enemy may be carrying.

I kinda wish they let us mess with more Plasmids than just 2 though.

And I was really hoping for more than two of the stupid tape recorder things, so I knew a bit more about the story before playing it.

But oh well. Can't have everything!

Quick question though...

Does anyone know why we can't pick up all the stuff the Splicers use? Like the lead pipes and such? Seems to me that these would be as fun as the wrench.

MrEastSide
08-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Does anyone know why we can't pick up all the stuff the Splicers use? Like the lead pipes and such? Seems to me that these would be as fun as the wrench.

Maybe in the full version you can.