PDA

View Full Version : Max leveling points

FROMtheASHES984
02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't know how indicative the demo is with the number of points you get for leveling (in the second half of the demo, you are given 22 points to work with at level 12). So I can start planning, what I'm wondering is how many total points will we have to work with at level 60 (which I'm assuming is the max)? I remember I had about 4 maxed out skills in ME2 with a few points left over. Just curious if that will be the case for ME3 as well.

scrummers
02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I am not sure how it is going to work. You need 21 points to max out a skill (1+2+3+4+5+6=21) i forget how many skills each class has i think around 7 or so 21X7=147 skill points to max out all skills. If i did the math right i might be completely wrong though.

I remember in ME1 you started off getting 3 points every time you leveled up. But as you got higher you only got one points. I am thinking ME3 will do the same.

I do know if you import a level 30 character from ME2 you start off at level 30 and will have a pretty big head start at the start of the game.

Sorry for the long, confusing and probably pointless post.

ZingZitang
02-16-2012, 07:31 PM
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Skills

Shepard:

Levels 1-5: 3 points per level
Levels 6-35: 2 points per level
Levels 36-60: 1 point per level

Total: 100 points

NPCs:

Levels 1-20: 2 points per level
Levels 21-60: 1 point per level

Total: 80 points

So, As far as we know Each class has 7 Abilities.

We could Estimate based on how Mass Effect distributes skill points, But I highly doubt it will be exactly the same. Maybe Similar, but I think we'll get More points.

If we do estimate based on Mass Effect:

100/21 = Means we can Max out at least 4 skills for Shepard and only 3 Skills for Squad Mates. I think they'll give us enough points to at least Max out 5 Skills for Shepard.

PhoenixWolfCub
02-16-2012, 10:34 PM
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Skills

100/21 = Means we can Max out at least 4 skills for Shepard and only 3 Skills for Squad Mates. I think they'll give us enough points to at least Max out 5 Skills for Shepard.

So like ME2 basically. You could really only fully max out 3 bars for your companions and 5 bars for yourself before as well. Would be a pretty accurate estimate if I had to assume as well.

13ip0lar
02-17-2012, 01:07 AM
I really haven't read all the math on these posts, but I seen some people unsure if the cap was 30 or not. It's already been stated via Twitter by a dev the cap is once again 60. I'm sure someone can work out the math gathered from the SP/MP demo.