PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Cause of Stats Reset Glitch!

Doktor Wilhelm
02-17-2012, 05:36 AM
It is believed that the glitch is caused by updating from the trial version of the game to the full version, as reported on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5885902/reset-glitch-may-wipe-out-gotham-city-impostors-data

Though Monolith (GCI developers) are working on a fix, and are looking into ways to return the missing XP and Costume Coins to players affected by the glitch: http://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/home/item/432-important-stat-wipe-issue-information

UPDATE:
If you are affected by the glitch they will give you back your EXP and Costume Coins, follow these instructions as posted on the official site: https://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/home/item/433-update-how-to-get-your-xp-and-costume-coins-back
if you've been affected by this issue please send the following information to Impostors@wbgames.com and we will begin looking into your profile as well:
Your platform:
Your primary email address:
Your WBID email:
Your Online ID/GamerTag:

Belvik
02-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Now that I think about it, this did actually happen to me, but I was only level 4 or 5 cause I had only played a couple games. Didn't really think anything of it since I only lost those few levels. I can imagine someone being pissed if they used up the full trial hour and had bought double exp.

upindat
02-17-2012, 01:06 PM
good heads up. sucks to people that did. Hopefully this will be pactched sooon.

VivaFathom
02-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Hopefully its a problem exclusive to trial members, for starters they played for free. They havent really lost anything and why would someone buy double XP during a trial?

If it can effect anyone then it's a gamebreaker.

ofay
02-17-2012, 06:04 PM
It sucks hard but it's not a game breaker, a game breaker means it makes the game unplayable.

Like a door that you need to go through that won't open

VivaFathom
02-18-2012, 07:52 AM
If there is a bug that can reset your progress that is a potential gamebreaker, not in the sense that the game doesn't work but in the sense the game doesn't work as intented and progression is not a sure thing.

Say for example you lost 5 days worth of progress, you would definatly think the game is broken.

UnarmedReaper07
02-18-2012, 03:07 PM
This really didn't cause me too much trouble myself. Got to level 3 after my first match of the trial, but then the game went to dashboard at the start of my second match. I did leave the trial running on the main menu for awhile after the first match. I then bought the game so I only lost a tiny bit of progress.

BloodRedRoses
02-18-2012, 06:26 PM
They're giving everyone their xp back if it got reset and gold coins, go to the website or facebook and fill in the form.

DROGTURIST
02-19-2012, 02:46 AM
It sucks hard but it's not a game breaker, a game breaker means it makes the game unplayable.

Like a door that you need to go through that won't openThis game has a progression system where your character gets better the more you use it (guns, mods, body types, etc). If the progression can just break whenever it wants to for no reason whatsoever, I'd call that basically unplayable. What's the point of unlocking stuff if it's gone the next morning?

By the way, I lost my stats by simply booting the game. Others have reported that random Xbox freezes, messing around with Loadout during a loading screen and many other issues can cause a stat wipe. This game is fucked.

I Shakira I
02-23-2012, 12:38 AM
So is this fixed?

bob101910
02-27-2012, 05:40 AM
how many levels can you get in the trial? Wouldn't think too many. I'd be mad if I was anything over 50

ofay
02-27-2012, 02:51 PM
how many levels can you get in the trial? Wouldn't think too many. I'd be mad if I was anything over 50
Depends on how good you are and if you buy 2xp