PDA

View Full Version : "Unable to read disc" During the Mass Effect 3 Demo?!

Surgeon_Sniper
02-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so this might be an issue with my download file or something, but twice (both during a multiplayer game) in the ME3 demo I got the "disc read error" window pop up and got sent back out to the dashboard. I am confused, however, considering the DEMO IS NOT ON A DISC. .....sooooo anyone else have this happen? :wtf

Burnout x360a
02-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Nope, the only thing I get from time to time is "A sign in change has occurred" but that happens with ME2 as well.

fat_tony
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so this might be an issue with my download file or something, but twice (both during a multiplayer game) in the ME3 demo I got the "disc read error" window pop up and got sent back out to the dashboard. I am confused, however, considering the DEMO IS NOT ON A DISC. .....sooooo anyone else have this happen? :wtf

A problem with your HDD maybe? I've had this a few times with games installed to my HDD (AC: Brotherhood, Fable 3). Uninstalling and running from the DVD drive fixed it. Obviously that's not an option for you here though.

Surgeon_Sniper
02-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Yeah it may be the HDD since I've had some issues with some games freezing on me lately. I just don't know why in the world it would give me the "cannot read disc" spiel.

13ip0lar
02-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah it may be the HDD since I've had some issues with some games freezing on me lately. I just don't know why in the world it would give me the "cannot read disc" spiel.

That sucks. At least you have a good reason to buy a new one. :3