PDA

View Full Version : Murder Artist - 'Fell' kills

Snake Pliskinn
02-18-2012, 09:58 PM
What actually constitutes a fall? I've blown guys off ledges and pushed them off in Challenge 2 - but neither count on the leaderboards. I'm sure I've done the same during the campaign. Is there a certain way or place to get fall kills?

Tyger7
02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Maybe it counts if you throw them. Warp into them and toss em. Theres also stepping on a switch that may count.

Ravenhood
02-19-2012, 02:16 AM
I forget which section of the game this happens in, but as Tyger7 said, there's a spot where you can press on a switch to open the floor behind an enclosed room with a glass wall. Warp into it, switch places with a scientist or two, then press the switch, and you'll get your fall kills. That's actually the last kind of kill I needed for Murder Artist, and got it near the tail end of my first playthrough.

B-S
02-19-2012, 11:06 AM
No way to do this in challenge room ? :(

Ravenhood
02-19-2012, 11:11 AM
It should be possible in a challenge room as well, so long as the killing effect to a scientist or guard is the fall they suffer, not an explosion or warp/swap. A friend of mine achieved Murder Artist in one of the mid/later challenge rooms on his second playthrough, using the crushers to take out some scientists (I believe it may have been a Launch challenge).

I would imagine, with this in mind, that trying any of the kills in the challenge room could net you the achievement. As far as I recall, however, there's no water and very few (if any) lasers in the challenge rooms, so those are kills that would be easiest obtained in the main game.

B-S
02-19-2012, 12:31 PM
I tried all the challenge rooms, I really dont see how to make the "fell" kill :/
I tried to stun a human then push him into a hole, I tried to swap with a human above a hole, I tried to launch a human (with B), I tried to push with a launched object, etc.

L0cke89
02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Don't want to open a new thread for this, but how do you get an echo frag and drowned? The last two I need for the achievement :/

Tassie Tiger
02-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Don't want to open a new thread for this, but how do you get an echo frag and drowned? The last two I need for the achievement :/
An echo frag is when you warp into a human (A) then echo (X) and swap (A) with another human.

I got "drowned" by standing near water (You can be slightly off the edge) then echo and swap with a human. They will fall in the water and drown.

basti memphis
02-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Think the Fell Kill is ONLY possible with the Trap Door on Level 03 Aquatic Research Department. In The Room with the Vent to the Challenge Room Barrel.

But the Echo Kill is possible in Challenge Rooms.

Tassie Tiger
02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Think the Fell Kill is ONLY possible with the Trap Door on Level 03 Aquatic Research Department. In The Room with the Vent to the Challenge Room Barrel.

I got the Fell kills a similar way to my Drowned kills.

I stood just off the edge of a long drop and then echo and swap with any human.

Ayepeck
02-22-2012, 08:51 PM
I got the Fell kills a similar way to my Drowned kills.

I stood just off the edge of a long drop and then echo and swap with any human.
Doesn't work for me. Tried numerous times.

Tassie Tiger
02-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Doesn't work for me. Tried numerous times.
It must work in certain areas only.

I never used the trap door, only the method I mentioned for my 2 fell kills.

The fall I used was next to 3 laser beams that blocked the entrance to a conveyor belt.

ian333333
12-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Warp: Murder Artist Achievement - YouTube

gives the location of the fell kills

unfortunately for me it isnt the one i need :(