PDA

View Full Version : worth the 1200msp?

THE130173
02-18-2012, 11:32 PM
the gameplay vids look good but they don't show how well the game feels control wise and that above everything matters most to me

Yukichi Kurosaki
02-18-2012, 11:34 PM
I really enjoyed the beta, the demo seemed to fix the problems it did have. It felt a bit clunky at times, but its not as bad as it was in the beta I played.

I'm just waiting until they fix the stat clearing glitch, I don't want to have my stats reset :(

iBuzz7S
02-18-2012, 11:40 PM
At the moment, no, not worth it. Wait until the free add-on (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=356796) and first update is released before making a purchase.

The games matchmaking is broken. That alone will have you pulling your hair out.

ofay
02-18-2012, 11:51 PM
The trial is a free hour dl and decide for yourself.

I have played this game and love it, an I'm tired of people acting like its broken

Yukichi Kurosaki
02-18-2012, 11:55 PM
The trial is a free hour dl and decide for yourself.

I have played this game and love it, an I'm tired of people acting like its broken

Just because its not broken for you doesn't mean its not broken for others.

ofay
02-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Just because its not broken for you doesn't mean its not broken for others.
It's not broken at all, people are complaining about not getting into game, I play with 5 people that are all over the country that have no issue getting into games, in the last 50 games 1 was laggy.

People need to stop driving people away by acting like something with the game is making it un-playable

Yukichi Kurosaki
02-19-2012, 12:04 AM
It's not broken at all, people are complaining about not getting into game, I play with 5 people that are all over the country that have no issue getting into games, in the last 50 games 1 was laggy.

People need to stop driving people away by acting like something with the game is making it un-playable

Do you mind explaining why my friends stats got reset then?

ofay
02-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Do you mind explaining why my friends stats got reset then?
Did he dl the trial and then buy the full game?
Did he post on the official website where they are working on a fix and trying to get people restored?

Does having your stats reset make it unable to play the game?

iBuzz7S
02-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Then I guess someone should remove this update about stats being wiped (http://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/home/item/432-important-stat-wipe-issue-information) from the official website.

To some people, yes, they will refuse to play the game. I know I would if I had levelled up a number of times, only to be reset more than once.

Face it, the game has problems. Just because your experience has gone smooth, does not mean it has for others (refer to link for coming update).

ofay
02-19-2012, 12:20 AM
When someone asks if the game is worth it am theres a one hour trial maybe tell them to do that rather than act like because your stats got reset the game is unplayable

Warn them it's happening, that's fine but don't steer them away from it

Yukichi Kurosaki
02-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Did he dl the trial and then buy the full game?
Did he post on the official website where they are working on a fix and trying to get people restored?

For some people stuff like that makes them never touch the game again. If it were me I wouldn't play it again. I would say it is game breaking, fix or no fix. The fact that it happens in the first place is proof enough that the game was broken. So what, the people who want their account restored now need to wait god knows how long before they can play again?

Sounds like a good deal, I spend 1200 for a game, and end up waiting until I'm allowed to play it.

ofay
02-19-2012, 12:46 AM
It doesn't stop you from playing the game, it makes you personally not want to play the game but the game can still be played

Yukichi Kurosaki
02-19-2012, 12:53 AM
It doesn't stop you from playing the game, it makes you personally not want to play the game but the game can still be played

Is it or is it not a broken feature?

ofay
02-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Is it or is it not a broken feature?
A broken stat feature does not make a game unplayable

iBuzz7S
02-19-2012, 02:14 AM
A broken stat feature does not make a game unplayable
As said already, to some people it matters.

Some people refuse to play a game because of a weapon (COD games a big example).

It's just how it is.

ApocalypticJoker
02-19-2012, 03:31 AM
like any game its a matter of preference.
There's a few MINOR problems (and thats exactly what they are) and will hopefully be fixed next month; there are some glitchy achievements but thats in EVERY game at least once; the game is frustrating, not "unplayable" since the biggest issue seems to be reset status' so dont let the hype and stuff fool you. Every game has flaws on its debut so if you like Class-FPS games, get it
If you dont like them it wont hurt the company

DROGTURIST
02-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Bullshit. I've completed near 200 arcade games, far from every game has glitchy achievements and I don't think I've ever played an arcade game with an issue as serious as the stat reset in this game. Smash TV being impossible to complete is pretty damn bad too, I guess.

It's not even about the XP since they give you that back - it's about the fact that I had 450 out of 500 headshots and 45 out of 50 slaps and now I have to fucking start over. They can't give that progress back. And I really, really fucking hated getting those slaps and was so happy I was almost done with it. Yay for starting over!

GoDz Kaiser Ren
02-20-2012, 05:24 AM
The developers have already openly stated that the stat reset only happens if you downloaded the full game while in the trial. The problem with this is that it's not just after the first time you play it. It'll just happen eventually. To solve the issue simply download the game from the game market place on the xbox 360 dashboard. Now other then that if there's a reason why this game is "broken and unplayable" (because you've only really gone on about the stat reset) please feel free to say something.

VivaFathom
02-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Why does a game have to be broken in more than one way?

Stat reset is a major problem for an online only game were progression can be lost.

This game has also frozen on me a handful of times and put me to dashboard twice as many times. It's a fun game that has it's problems.

Heroic Blanket
02-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Haven't had any crashing problems nor a stat reset. But the matchmaking system is broken as all hell on PC.

Countless times I've sat there watching it fill up a lobby with 7 people then sit there for about 20 seconds waiting for an 8th only to decide that its not going to get the 8th so it throws me into a completely new and empty lobby.
Other times it will set up the teams for a match get to the end of the countdown, then just throw half the players out of the lobby.

ofay
02-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Why does a game have to be broken in more than one way?

Stat reset is a major problem for an online only game were progression can be lost.

This game has also frozen on me a handful of times and put me to dashboard twice as many times. It's a fun game that has it's problems.
It doesn't have to be, but the people that like this game just want people to stop driving people away from a good game because of a problem that has a known issue, a possible work around, a fix in the works and something that's not game breaking unless you care about stat progress.

If people would stop telling people to stay away from a great game because of this minor issue (minor in the amount of people it affects) then it wouldn't seem like we are making the stat tracking less of an issue.

How about everyone that has a problem with the stat tracking instead of calling this game unplayable, you tell people what you did like, suggest the demo, warn them that if they don't follow the work around for the stat reset that it may happen. That way people can enjoy a great game and be forewarned that their stats may reset, since not everyone will stop playing a game because your stats don't track, not everyone cares that much

DROGTURIST
02-20-2012, 07:13 PM
The developers have already openly stated that the stat reset only happens if you downloaded the full game while in the trial.No, they haven't, because that would be an idiotic thing for a programmer still searching for the root cause of a glitch to do. They've said that's one of the major reasons, not that it's the only reason. Because it's not.

My stats were just reset out of the blue, for no reason at all. I'm well-versed in XBLA gameplay and haven't upgraded a trial game to a full version from within the game in something like 5 years. It's not a new issue unique to GCI. The reset just happened to me when I started the game to go play with some friends - the "loading profile" part took extra long and when it finally finished, all my stats said 0 and everything was locked.

I'm far from alone - there's an 80+ page thread with people reporting stat resets on the official forums. The main issue is the trial one, sure, but lots of people have posted lots of weird reasons. Some guy was changing his class, his 360 froze and when he got back in the game, he was reset. Some other guy was accepting an invite, the 360 froze and you can guess the rest. You guys downplaying this situation have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and perhaps it would be a good idea for you to browse around the GCI support forums to see the issues being reported instead of just babbling out of your asses about issues you know nothing about.

How about everyone that has a problem with the stat tracking instead of calling this game unplayable, you tell people what you did like, suggest the demo, warn them that if they don't follow the work around for the stat reset that it may happen. That way people can enjoy a great game and be forewarned that their stats may reset, since not everyone will stop playing a game because your stats don't track, not everyone cares that muchOkay, we'll stop posting negative things the minute you stop being a delusional fanboy. Deal?

ofay
02-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Okay, we'll stop posting negative things the minute you stop being a delusional fanboy. Deal?

I'm tired of you acting like this game is unplayable and done responding to you. I'm not a fan boy, I just want this game to have an honest chance

Yes your stats could be reset
Yes sometime it takes a few minutes to find a match
Yes this game is fun as hell

YES YOU SHOULD DL THE FREE ONE HOUR TRIAL AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF
Be forewarned your stats maybe reset but please don't let this DROGTURIST idiot make you think the game by any means is unplayable

DROGTURIST
02-21-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm not a fan boy, I just want this game to have an honest chanceIt did have the exact same honest chance as every other game that's ever been released. They fucked it up by releasing a glitchy game.

ofay
02-21-2012, 01:01 AM
It did have the exact same honest chance as every other game that's ever been released. They fucked it up by releasing a glitchy game.
Wait till the first fucking patch comes out an stop acting like its unplayable

This is my final response to you

Heroic Blanket
02-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Wait till the first fucking patch comes out an stop acting like its unplayable

This is my final response to you

The point still remains that it was released in a broken state. You shouldn't have to wait for a patch.

Paradox Cruxs
02-21-2012, 07:09 AM
I can't wait to try this game looks so fun!

ofay
02-21-2012, 04:03 PM
The point still remains that it was released in a broken state. You shouldn't have to wait for a patch.
So MW2, WaW, BO,MW3, shit even skyrim were 100% fully functional and didn't need a patch at all after release and everything worked fine

And the glitches in mw2 were far more annoying than stats being reset

ChickinOnaChain
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
There's not many games worth 1200msp to me. I think I paid that much for R-Type but it was one of my all time favorites on my Sega.

ofay
02-21-2012, 06:37 PM
There's not many games worth 1200msp to me. I think I paid that much for R-Type but it was one of my all time favorites on my Sega.
But have you tried the demo? Is it worth it to you at 800 msp?

Heroic Blanket
02-22-2012, 12:52 AM
So MW2, WaW, BO,MW3, shit even skyrim were 100% fully functional and didn't need a patch at all after release and everything worked fine

And the glitches in mw2 were far more annoying than stats being reset

Because I totally said how all those games were released in a 100% perfect state. CoD games are all shit. They've been rereleasing the same game for the past 5 years and still can't get it right. As for Skyrim I haven't played it so I can't comment on its state of release.

GCI was released in a broken state. You shouldn't have to wait for a patch for it to work properly.

ofay
02-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Because I totally said how all those games were released in a 100% perfect state. CoD games are all shit. They've been rereleasing the same game for the past 5 years and still can't get it right. As for Skyrim I haven't played it so I can't comment on its state of release.

GCI was released in a broken state. You shouldn't have to wait for a patch for it to work properly.
If other games have been released in a broken state then why should we crucify GCI for being broken when they have already said they are patching it?

ApocalypticJoker
02-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Wow this got out of hand quickly O.o
While i dont always agree with ofay he has some really good points
Beause the problems dont benefit the player they get crucified and brings the rep of the game down but even though there's issues the game is completely playable, end of story.
Those problems are being fixed in a few weeks, why are people so pissed off?
Unless you got reset yourself, dont worry about it! Play a different game until the patch is out if you're that friggin' worried!
Yes it's a pain in the ass but if you're so mad about games being released without being 100% flawless put your money where your mouth is: grow up, go to school, become a developer and do it yourself.

DROGTURIST
02-22-2012, 04:35 AM
Those problems are being fixed in a few weeks, why are people so pissed off?
Unless you got reset yourself, dont worry about it!Think you can put two and two together as to why I'm angry at this game?

ApocalypticJoker
02-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Problems at home? Beat up at school? Didn't get the last cookie from the jar?
Sorry but i DID say "unless you were reset yourself don't worry about it" so assuming you were reset you're not included in the group i'm directing the comment towards. I'm sorry you got reset, it sucks and it's happened to me in other games but it's not the end of the world

VivaFathom
02-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Problems at home? Beat up at school? Didn't get the last cookie from the jar?
Sorry but i DID say "unless you were reset yourself don't worry about it" so assuming you were reset you're not included in the group i'm directing the comment towards. I'm sorry you got reset, it sucks and it's happened to me in other games but it's not the end of the world

Were'nt you just telling people to grow up a few posts back?

Why is it always adolescents telling people to grow up on the internet...

Heroic Blanket
02-22-2012, 09:23 PM
If other games have been released in a broken state then why should we crucify GCI for being broken when they have already said they are patching it?

Because those games should have also been crucified for being released in a broken state and most likely were.

You shouldn't have to wait for patches for a game to work the way its supposed to.

ofay
02-23-2012, 02:37 AM
Because those games should have also been crucified for being released in a broken state and most likely were.

You shouldn't have to wait for patches for a game to work the way its supposed to.
What world do you live in? Almost every game that comes out now a days needs a patch. Also they have said they are giving a patch a month within releasing it, that's far faster and better than most games.

Frazerz1990
02-23-2012, 03:17 AM
THAT'S NO WTF IS, THAT'S AN IMPOSTOR! - YouTube

Yeah, I will be buying this game. When I get the money. :)

DROGTURIST
02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
What world do you live in? Almost every game that comes out now a days needs a patch. Also they have said they are giving a patch a month within releasing it, that's far faster and better than most games.What world do YOU live in? The standard practice for early patches is first week, releasing a patch more than a month later is not even close to "far faster and better" than any game I've bought the last year.

Reason being that there's time between a game goes gold and release, and most developers take that time to fix obvious issues. Why Monolith didn't do this with GCI is beyond confusing.

Heroic Blanket
02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
What world do you live in? Almost every game that comes out now a days needs a patch. Also they have said they are giving a patch a month within releasing it, that's far faster and better than most games.

Just because others are doing it doesn't make something right. The game should be released in a state where its not broken and needs patching.

At the very least if it does need patching then it shouldn't be a month after release for the first update.

ofay
02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Just because others are doing it doesn't make something right. The game should be released in a state where its not broken and needs patching.

At the very least if it does need patching then it shouldn't be a month after release for the first update.
obviously you just want to bitch about this game, I'm done with you

Heroic Blanket
02-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Of cause I'm going to complain if a game I payed money for doesn't work properly.

upindat
02-24-2012, 02:16 PM
I love this game. YES i have been kicked games or disconnect from server. But this game is worth every bit of the price. I am pretty sure they will get the bugs worked out of mp. I would suggest posting on there site to get some answers. I would say out of every 20 games i play that less than two are laggy or disconnected. I really think that when you can join a game in progress, that it will help with the issues.