PDA

View Full Version : Slap Happy FYI -- Goes off Slaps, Not Feat of Prowess

Ayepeck
02-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Just an FYI to everyone, but the "Slap Happy" achievement is NOT tied to the feat of prowess (unlike the weapon and gadget/support item achievements, which obviously are). What I mean is that if you had some slaps that weren't counted for whatever reason in your stats, they counted toward the achievement.

I got it with 45 slaps in my "Feats of Prowess" record.

ofay
02-20-2012, 04:49 AM
That's good to know that you can start it before you unlock game type feats of prowess

mcnichoj
02-20-2012, 05:40 AM
That's how all of them are minus the two you mentioned, good to know for those that were worried though.

DROGTURIST
02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
So wait, if my stats were reset at 43 slaps, I might still only need 7 more? The slaps are maybe saved in my gamertag, not my server stats? That would be fucking awesome.

True.Mister.Six
02-20-2012, 10:25 PM
So wait, if my stats were reset at 43 slaps, I might still only need 7 more? The slaps are maybe saved in my gamertag, not my server stats? That would be fucking awesome.

I think it's more to do with server disconnects - I had a weird situation like this when I got "total victory"; I got a disconnect right at the last second in a fumigation game I was in and the Cheev popped but my feat in fumigation shows 4/5.

Heroic Blanket
02-21-2012, 06:37 AM
I think it's more to do with server disconnects - I had a weird situation like this when I got "total victory"; I got a disconnect right at the last second in a fumigation game I was in and the Cheev popped but my feat in fumigation shows 4/5.

You can play the fumigation mode well before level 30 so its possible to earn the achievement even before you unlock the modes feats.

squid5580
02-21-2012, 11:08 PM
What about Trap in the box kills? If you kill someone with them while in slap mode do they count?

Heroic Blanket
02-22-2012, 12:54 AM
What about Trap in the box kills? If you kill someone with them while in slap mode do they count?

I've noticed that if you say fire a rocket at someone right as the countdown hits 0 to activate panic mode then it will show up as a slap kill if the rocket kills them after panic mode has activated.

I haven't been able to test if it actually counts the kill towards the feat/achievement though.

DROGTURIST
02-22-2012, 04:33 AM
I checked once. I think it was a trapbox, and it did not count for the feat.