PDA

View Full Version : Darkness II & Darkness I

catbhoy
02-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I have completed the Darkness II and loved every minute of it, never played the original but fancy giving it a go.

Is there much difference, I'm sure the graphics are a little dated, I also noticed there are a lot of GS tied up with MP which I would imagine is quite dead by now.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

o Frostxbite o
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
i haven't played any but my friend told me that there is more of a storyline in the first one but then agian he's just an idiot and thinks he's always right

keung
02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I must admit that even though The Darkness 2 is not a bad game, I enjoyed The Darkness more. I feel that the characters are more vivid and interesting and the story is told very well.

Unlike The Darkness 2 the levelling system in The Darkness is very simple. You do not get any points like in TD2 when doing certain things such as killing lights and headshotting enemies. However, you can still increase your darkness powers by eating a number of hearts (caps at 180 IIRC). This means that there are no Talents in the first game. I haven't unlocked all talents in TD2 yet, but from what I've experienced you have more control of your darkness powers in TD. The story will unlock a total of 4 different darkness powers which you can select by tapping up/down on the d-pad, and you can use them as you wish as long as the darkness has enough power (like when not standing in light or being hurt).

There are also 4 different unlockable darklings that you can summon at your own will from gateways that you find throughout the game. Each with their own advantage. You are also not bound to one darkling (like the "janitor"), and you can have 4 different darklings up at the same time, given that there are enough gateways for them.

One thing I found to be quite refreshing in TD2 is that Jackie can run. He cannot run in TD, and he jogs quite slowly. A minor detail, but I really missed running ability in TD.

I suppose the MP in TD never even was popular. I originally bought that game on release date to the PS3 and from what I can remember, there was basically noone playing it then. Could have been more popular on the X360, but I doubt it was very much. The online achievements only count for 205G anyways.

If you enjoyed TD2, I most certainly think you'll enjoy TD. It is in my opinion the best of the two.

WoodsMonk
02-20-2012, 10:35 PM
:whs

I myself prefer the 1st, better story, better voice actors and the graphics are still good for a 5yr old game!!

keung
02-21-2012, 06:41 AM
I did however like Patton's new twist on the darkness. He was so much more intense in TD2! All the screaming and different tones really just gave the impression of how insane and desperate the darkness was at times. Loved it!

upindat
02-23-2012, 03:02 PM
I loved this game. Never played the first, but ordered it today off amazon. From what I am hearing the first one is even better.

Morbious17
02-25-2012, 08:40 AM
I was disappointed that Jackie's original voice actor didn't come back. The darkness in the first one look cooler and more intimidating, plus throwing cars was fun too.

However, you could not sprint which was awful. Also, everyone in The Darkness pretended to be ventriloquists. They ALL mumbled when they spoke.

The story was pretty good, though.

Also, everyone and their grandmothers now have Jackie's signature pistols which I didn't really like.

Jamage007
02-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Both are amazing games.