PDA

View Full Version : Managing HUT Salary Cap?

Pooched
02-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Hey, this is my first year playing HUT on NHL, so being a noob i thought it would be best to earn pucks and get packs to pick up as many good NHL players as possible. I then realized there is a salary cap.

So whats the best way to get a good team, without going over the salary cap?

Also, best way to get 50-80 gamer cards? Packs or trading?

HabsCen10ial
02-21-2012, 08:30 PM
The best way to keep your team under the cap is to put a big contract card on your key players BEFORE you train them.

If you put training cards on before the contract card it will raise their $$$.

To get a good team just keep playing games and winning pucks to buy card packs. Also the auction house is good for buying and selling consumables. Keep buying +3, +5 SKT or SHOT for cheap, mark them up 100-200 pucks and re-sell them.

Pooched
02-23-2012, 04:35 AM
pretty slick tip about the training, thanks.

I didnt want to be the guy that asks this, but honestly, how do people get so many pucks? I can barely keep 2000 on me at a time while dealing with contracts, let alone the 10000s people want for top cards.

HabsCen10ial
02-23-2012, 02:05 PM
pretty slick tip about the training, thanks.

I didnt want to be the guy that asks this, but honestly, how do people get so many pucks? I can barely keep 2000 on me at a time while dealing with contracts, let alone the 10000s people want for top cards.

Try playing offline tourney's with your team. You should be able to get pucks for winning all four games played and get a few thousand pucks for winning the tourney.

Other then that you may luck out and pull a really rare card from a pack and sell it for lots of pucks but the tourney's are the consistent way to do it.