PDA

View Full Version : I now have to start all over... joy.

Ayepeck
02-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Edit: Just remembered I backed up a save to my flash drive from an hour ago... so I guess I'll just restart from an hour ago. Stupid game breaker.

Edit #2: Nope, nevermind. I'm fucking screwed. I went from the quarantine area (after you save the guy that's been helping you for a while) back to get some grubs I missed instead of going the way he wanted. I kept progressing to previous areas, and now there's literally no way to get back, because the body that used to be in the quarantine entrance is no longer there. And I can't backtrack all the way back the opposite end, because there's a tunnel that is only one way.

I'm so mad right now. I have to start the entire fucking game over and get all the grubs and film canisters yet again.

Ayepeck
02-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Edited the above post. I was wrong. I'm fucking screwed.

Edit: A picture to prove I'm screwed. And I can't backtrack all the way to the original spot where you free the guy that's been helping you, because one of the tubes was one-way, as previously stated.

http://s14.postimage.org/a8745a5ht/100_0204.jpg

Just awesome.

kidgarrett
02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
I am stuck in exactly the same place! And I dont believe it's through any fault of my own. I simply went in the next room and as far as I can tell, the mine blew up the only barrel in the room and I also died. When I come back to the room before the mine after going back to the last save point, there is no barrel to warp forward into, and therefore I can not continue the game - unless someone else knows a way around?

So that's a waste of a weeks worth of gaming! Rubbish! :-(

Greatlemer
02-24-2012, 01:32 PM
I almost got stuck at that bit doing the same thing too. IIRC I had to just follow back to the way I'd progressed the first time I hit that level (i.e. head for the one way transport in the top right of the map). It should take you back to a point where you can rejoin where you had started backtracking from.

Ayepeck
02-24-2012, 03:11 PM
I almost got stuck at that bit doing the same thing too. IIRC I had to just follow back to the way I'd progressed the first time I hit that level (i.e. head for the one way transport in the top right of the map). It should take you back to a point where you can rejoin where you had started backtracking from.
That wouldn't have worked for me, as there's a one-way tube after that which won't take you back to the area directly after Quarantine (if you go to the right instead of going down).

Kilerden
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Can't you go all the way around? After you finish this level you'll be able to get back to the Containment Facility etc. and then start at the beginning of the level?

I think I'm at the same spot where you are, I've just released the guy who helped me.

Ayepeck
02-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Can't you go all the way around? After you finish this level you'll be able to get back to the Containment Facility etc. and then start at the beginning of the level?

I think I'm at the same spot where you are, I've just released the guy who helped me.
It doesn't matter now, I already restarted and beat the game.

I didn't find any other way around, no. I couldn't go through Quarantine directly, and I couldn't get back from the path I had just opened to the right. I don't recall there being more than two entrance/exits at that point in the game (hadn't advanced further than getting the guy who helped you; went back to the right, as previously stated, which is later cut off as there's a one-way tube).

HavokAndChaos
02-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Did the exact same thing, and I'm not sure it is really worth restarting. Game breaking glitches, Come on! What is this the 90s?

MrAscii
03-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Did anyone figure out a way back in?

I'm in the same spot. I want to get all the grubs before I leave, but there is a large section around quarantine that I can't get into. There are three paths to it, but each one is blocked off when I get there. I may run out the game and then start over, being more careful to get the grubs on the first (and only) pass through the area.

d3r1v3d
03-19-2012, 04:44 AM
Bummer! Sorry to hear it, man.

sorta
03-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I too got stuck in this same spot and couldn't get back into the room where the mines first appear. I e-mailed trapdoorinc's support and they linked me to a video that shows how to get back in using a barrel trick.

http://vimeo.com/37628577
password: barrelroll

Stuck no more!

obzy666
01-03-2013, 11:52 PM
I too got stuck in this same spot and couldn't get back into the room where the mines first appear. I e-mailed trapdoorinc's support and they linked me to a video that shows how to get back in using a barrel trick.

Stuck no more!

genius!!! i love you!

Sebacean Hybrid
09-30-2013, 05:44 PM

Stuck no more!

Seriously, god bless you for finding this.