PDA

View Full Version : 12 DLC characters announced!

Veedrock
02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
EDIT: These were originally announced as Vita characters, and while it was pretty obvious that they would find their way to the console versions, it is now 100% confirmed.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/02/21/12_new_characters_revealed_for_vita_version_of_str eet_fighter_x_tekken%2C_more_25th_anniversary_deta ils

Last week we released the final four characters "playable at launch" for Street Fighter X Tekken. Today we can elaborate on the quoted distinction by revealing 12 new characters for the PlayStation Vita version of the game. Guy, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Sakura and Blanka join the Street Fighter cast, while the Tekken side gains Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong.

The Vita version is set to arrive later this year. That's quite an updated roster, and I'm personally happy to see Blanka, Sakura and Bryan Fury make the cut.

This news comes alongside a reminder that the console version of SFxT will receive new features and DLC over the months. Most importantly, the game you buy on March 6 will be the only disc-based version of Street Fighter X Tekken needed to access these updates.

For easier reference:

Street Fighter:
-Guy
-Cody
-Dudley
-Elena
-Sakura
-Blanka

Tekken:
-Alisa
-Bryan
-Christie
-Jack
-Lars
-Lei

Exact packaging and pricing details are unknown at this time.

Cloak
02-22-2012, 03:46 AM
that's annoying :l

M1 Punk
02-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Yep, they continue to remove content from the game and sell it as DLC later on. If you think about it, they're still releasing a "Super" version of the game.

Curious if it will be sold in packs or just like Arcade Edition, 1200 MP for all.

TacticalElusion
02-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I feel like my main character is being held for ransom :(

KingMythik
02-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Wow, so annoying. Just as annoying as Sony getting the 4 exclusive characters because Microsoft didn't want to get any. GG

hydrosugar
02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Those 6 tekken characters are pretty well known, they should probably be there in the first place.

Suiken
02-23-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm actually glad we don't get any of those stupid PS3 exclusive characters like Cole and Pacman. They all look lame as hell to me.

Chrise
02-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Just like Suiken, I'm glad, too that only Sony got those lame characters. Pacman and Megaman would fit into UMvC3 but not into this game! And don't get me started on those stupid cats! Cole on the other hand looks cool to me.
Anyway, it's good as it is, and even if we have to pay for the 12 extra characters, I'll gladly do that.

Suiken
02-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Just like Suiken, I'm glad, too that only Sony got those lame characters. Pacman and Megaman would fit into UMvC3 but not into this game! And don't get me started on those stupid cats! Cole on the other hand looks cool to me.
Anyway, it's good as it is, and even if we have to pay for the 12 extra characters, I'll gladly do that.

Yeah, Cole is the only half-decent one...but I still prefer it to be just Tekken and SF characters...

Klint Beastw00d
02-24-2012, 12:17 AM
I was hoping Alisa, Lars, and Blanka would all be on the game to begin with.

Veedrock
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
There's just no winning with some of you, is there? If they don't announce DLC then people whine that it means there'll be a Super version down the line, and if they do announce DLC then people whine that they're stripping content and it should have all been there from the start.

DLC characters for fighting games are not uncommon in the least. Mortal Kombat has 4, BlazBlue: CS has 3, KOFXIII has 3 (and counting?). Take off the hate colored glasses, quit demonizing everything Capcom does and realize this is a good thing.

Those 6 tekken characters are pretty well known, they should probably be there in the first place.

Is there any Tekken character in the game that's not pretty well known? You make your statement like they only put filler characters in the game.

M1 Punk
02-24-2012, 05:18 PM
There's just no winning with some of you, is there? If they don't announce DLC then people whine that there'll be a Super version down the line, and if they do announce DLC then people whine that they're stripping content.

Is there any Tekken in the game that's not pretty well known? You say that like there's only lesser characters in the game right now. The fact that they showed Cody and Guy in a trailer a couple of months ago kinda says that they removed them from the current roster in order to sell as DLC. Now that.. is BULLSHIT!

WREQUIEM
02-24-2012, 08:25 PM
This has never happened before i am angry

Reckless586
02-24-2012, 08:53 PM
I believe this game shouldn't have any exclusive characters outside Street Fighter and Tekken's cannon. The game should just be about Street Fighter and Tekken. It's as if the two franchises aren't enough cannon's crossing in with each other.

I really don't mind paying extra for the DLC characters but if they are going to strip characters from the game and sell them as DLC they should either add more to the game to fill in the voids or reduce the game's MSRP Rating.

KingMythik
02-24-2012, 10:51 PM
@Reckless, im assuming that they possibly removed those two as out of the box characters due to having so many modes that probably by giving too many options too quick might get people confused. This way by having optional dlc characters for the die hard fans on either side or a way to expand on the game through dlc instead of in disc so that they can fine tune the other characters and modes. tbh i don't mind, either way I'm going to be getting the game and the dlc characters.

demonicalex
02-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Announcing the dlc is one thing. Not having the "super version" of this game come out 8 months later, and adding even a few extra beyond the dlc is the real question. :/

KingMythik
02-25-2012, 07:14 PM
its already been said there won't be a super/ultimate version. the next sf game will be tekken x street fighter next year which will use the tekken 3d style fighting and engine.

WREQUIEM
02-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Announcing the dlc is one thing. Not having the "super version" of this game come out 8 months later, and adding even a few extra beyond the dlc is the real question. :/

what's wrong with having a expanded version 8 MONTHS after it's release.
am i missing something?

Veedrock
02-25-2012, 11:27 PM
what's wrong with having a expanded version 8 MONTHS after it's release.
am i missing something?

He's referencing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and there were many many things wrong with how they handled that.

While I do think that worries about a similar incident occurring are valid, I'm confident that they won't be continuing the trend. Multiple sources from within Capcom, from community directors to head producers, have continued to assure us that there won't be another retail version of the game.

hydrosugar
02-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Is there any Tekken character in the game that's not pretty well known? You make your statement like they only put filler characters in the game.

Leo? Miguel? Zafina? They may be well known to you, but not everyone stays with the series over time. And I would argue all characters on that list are more well known than Bob. I mean Alisa and Lars are title characters. And I'm pretty sure Jack has been in every game since the series' inception.

Veedrock
02-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Leo? Miguel? Zafina?

...have you even looked at the roster for the game? Or is there a misunderstanding here?

hydrosugar
02-28-2012, 09:10 AM
...have you even looked at the roster for the game? Or is there a misunderstanding here?

I wasn't talking about characters in the game, I was referring to Tekken characters who may not be well known. And that was just based of possible old fans dropping the series. In general characters like P-Jack, Kunimitsu, Tetsujin, Combot and Unknown are pretty...well Unknown. :p

Ayx
02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
If this is released, I hope all 12 or at least in packs of 4 are released. However, I hope it's only 1200 tops, as paying $45 for extra characters alone? I'd rather a new disc but that's not happening.

hydrosugar
02-28-2012, 10:27 AM
If this is released, I hope all 12 or at least in packs of 4 are released. However, I hope it's only 1200 tops, as paying $45 for extra characters alone? I'd rather a new disc but that's not happening.

I highly doubt they will charge you $45 for 12 characters. You could argue they've done that with UMvC3 and SSF4, but this would be pushing it even for Capcom. Doubly so due to the fact these characters aren't "new", but rather console exclusives.

ShadowStar Mila
03-02-2012, 12:17 AM
I only know the characters from the trailers I seen (Im more of a tekken then SF an not to mention i prefer tekken over it anyday) atleast i know 2/3 of my main tekken characters are on the actual disc Lili and Asuka. As for SF If cammys on it then thats a win for me. For the DLC the only people that interest me is my second main SF character Sakura and elena and guy. Tekken Alisa and Lars. Everyone else it wont really matter for me since Ill never use them :I really wished the tekken version of this was coming out first.

Arthur Timothy Read
03-02-2012, 12:59 AM
What is Vita?

ShadowStar Mila
03-02-2012, 01:31 AM
What is Vita?

Playstation Vita (Handheld Game Console)

Psycho0022
03-02-2012, 06:14 AM
That is crap that I can't play as my favorite character from day 1 who has been a staple since Street Fighter 2. :mad:

Arthur Timothy Read
03-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Playstation Vita (Handheld Game Console)

Thanks for answering. So does that mean Playstation users have to wait longer for character dlc than the Xbox?

EDIT: I just found out how to quote after this post

Veedrock
03-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks for answering. So does that mean Playstation users have to wait longer for character dlc than the Xbox?

No. Playstation Vita owners won't get SFxT until this fall, but that doesn't have any impact on the PS3. The PS3 version should have a parallel DLC release schedule to the Xbox.

L Invictus
03-03-2012, 06:36 AM
The only DLC character that I'm really looking forward to is Cody, who I hope will be available for download soon... I also wish that Bruce Irvin was placed in this game instead of Jack (possibly even Lei Wulong?)... Just saying.

WREQUIEM
03-03-2012, 07:52 PM
The only DLC character that I'm really looking forward to is Cody, who I hope will be available for download soon... I also wish that Bruce Irvin was placed in this game instead of Jack (possibly even Lei Wulong?)... Just saying.

this is capcom. With all the dlc and supers they've done, i wouldn't be surpassed if they had more characters later on

L Invictus
03-08-2012, 09:22 AM
this is capcom. With all the dlc and supers they've done, i wouldn't be surpassed if they had more characters later on
While there might some comfort found in that idea, the potential cost of more DLC characters (and costumes) is a bit unappealing.

Peter Plarker
03-08-2012, 07:36 PM
As long as it's reasonably priced, I am excited!

Square Woot
03-15-2012, 06:18 PM
I'll look into these if they're not too pricey. Elena and Sakura are the only ones I'm really interested in; I'm just glad to see Elena make a return to the series, she played really neat in 3rd Strike.

I don't know much about the Tekken series, but I remember Alisa from 6. Bit of an annoying harlot, she seemed. :o

TheGlow
03-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Theres a 7mb patch for the 360 iso to unlock all these characters.
Theyre already on the disc. how nice of Capcom to plan to charge us in November for them.

FullgoreKI
03-19-2012, 07:41 AM
For anyone wondering, the DLC characters are priced at 1600 MSP ($20) for all 12 of them.

WREQUIEM
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Theres a 7mb patch for the 360 iso to unlock all these characters.
Theyre already on the disc. how nice of Capcom to plan to charge us in November for them.

old news brah

PyreBall
04-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Awesome, my entire back up team is on that list: Guy, Sakura, Lei.

xI WARFARE
05-15-2012, 01:11 PM
I haven't bought this game yet, I was wondering if they were going to release a different disc version of this game including the DLC characters like they did for SSFIV Arcade edition?

If they do, then i'll probably wait and buy that when it comes out. But it seems a little funny if they do release an updated disc version, because they would just be selling the exact same disc with a different title.

And they'll probably called it Super Street Fighter x Tekken Hyper Bunker Buster Mega Ultra Super Edition.

I'm actually glad we don't get any of those stupid PS3 exclusive characters like Cole and Pacman. They all look lame as hell to me.

This. They look retarded.

Evo Kazz
05-15-2012, 02:05 PM
I pray they don't add anymore achievements with these new guys.

ColdSpider72
05-15-2012, 10:51 PM
I haven't bought this game yet, I was wondering if they were going to release a different disc version of this game including the DLC characters like they did for SSFIV Arcade edition?

If they do, then i'll probably wait and buy that when it comes out. But it seems a little funny if they do release an updated disc version, because they would just be selling the exact same disc with a different title.

And they'll probably called it Super Street Fighter x Tekken Hyper Bunker Buster Mega Ultra Super Edition.

Capcom has already stated that they definitely will NOT do that this time. Any further content being released will be strictly over the Live marketplace. This information is provided in the OP of this very thread. Did you read the first post?

xI WARFARE
05-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Capcom has already stated that they definitely will NOT do that this time. Any further content being released will be strictly over the Live marketplace. This information is provided in the OP of this very thread. Did you read the first post?

Most importantly, the game you buy on March 6 will be the only disc-based version of Street Fighter X Tekken needed to access these updates

Okay so I missed one line. Shoot me.

Dennoman
05-16-2012, 08:29 AM
This. They look retarded.
I think you're somehow missing the point of what a crossover fighter should be. If you want something that's well-balanced and totally tournament-worthy, stick with the standard SF series. All the main tournaments around the world are still SSFIV: AE. SF X Tekken was never considered an actual tournament-worthy fighter, as it shouldn't be.

It's exactly the borderline anarchistic, crazy total lack of balance that gives this game its appeal, or at least for me. If you grew up with the crossover fighters of the early 90s, you'll know what I'm talking about. Play as any character from any series and have some fun with friends kicking their ass as the Sega AM 2 logo or Hornet, the default car from Daytona USA, or heck, why not as the uncanny PEPSIMAN?!

Games like the referenced Fighters Megamix or the Capcom versus series show us what it's all about as a fighting game fan. I hate all the nerd rages about balance and characters not fitting in a given picture. Aren't games supposed to be FUN? That's what the crossover fighters are all about for me. If you had similar complaints about an actual tournament fighter, I'd understand, at least partially. If you don't like a particular character, just don't play as him/her.

xI WARFARE
05-16-2012, 10:27 AM
I think you're somehow missing the point of what a crossover fighter should be. If you want something that's well-balanced and totally tournament-worthy, stick with the standard SF series. All the main tournaments around the world are still SSFIV: AE. SF X Tekken was never considered an actual tournament-worthy fighter, as it shouldn't be.

It's exactly the borderline anarchistic, crazy total lack of balance that gives this game its appeal, or at least for me. If you grew up with the crossover fighters of the early 90s, you'll know what I'm talking about. Play as any character from any series and have some fun with friends kicking their ass as the Sega AM 2 logo or Hornet, the default car from Daytona USA, or heck, why not as the uncanny PEPSIMAN?!

Games like the referenced Fighters Megamix or the Capcom versus series show us what it's all about as a fighting game fan. I hate all the nerd rages about balance and characters not fitting in a given picture. Aren't games supposed to be FUN? That's what the crossover fighters are all about for me. If you had similar complaints about an actual tournament fighter, I'd understand, at least partially. If you don't like a particular character, just don't play as him/her.

I never cared about the Tekken characters. I'm sure i'll enjoy them, but the whole reason i'm buying this game is because it's a new SF game also. I'm new to the fighting genre. And no I didn't grow up with the crossover characters.

People in this thread need to give me a break.

dr latour
06-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Has anyone seen the replays with some of the dlc characters ? My brothers told me to watch julia and so far ive seen lars and dudley.

I mak3 big boom
06-18-2012, 09:45 PM
You don't like it speak with your wallet. Don't buy it. Sucks that you have to do that when the characters are on disk though. that's why I gave up buying stuff from Capcom.(except resident evil)

Onyok
07-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Pardon me but i've got a penchant for anything limited collector's edition, so if i get this (http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.251532700/Street-Fighter-25th-Anniversary-Collection-Set-XBOX-360.html#) then these so called 12 new DLC characters are already included with this anniversary edition, right? It only says including all characters and Swap Costume DLC.

Anyone in the know?

Plym
08-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't know whether to buy the 12 new fighters or not.
I'm a huge SF and Tekken fan but this game has just left a bad taste in my mouth and 1600 is a bit much (even though I do have the points).

I think I've already got my mains though (Cammy & Guile) and I don't know if I'll ever play it much once I've got 1000G. On the other hand, I really like Dudley, Lars and Cody...