PDA

View Full Version : Double XP question.

XBOX ISAAC82
02-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Can someone confirm something for me. I downloaded the Italian DLC and when the notification popped to show that it had finished downloading another notification popped saying Update V1.1 also finished downloading even though I downloaded that when I started the game about 2 weeks ago. Although now when I go into a race the XP seems to be doubled for everything, where I was getting 500xp for overtaking I am not getting 1000xp. Is this part of the Italian DLC or was it something to do with the update?

Either way it seems I missed out out on this extra DLC now I have completed the game and now all the challenges. Prob would have reached Level 30 finishing the DLC achievements off.

Trunks1337
02-26-2012, 11:24 PM
With the Update 1.1 they increased the Level from 30 to 40. Last Weekend was a double XP weekend so thats why you had all your earned XP in double amounts.
I had the same questions as i dowloaded the DLC as well last Weekend where the Double Xp was in place.

Swyer87
02-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Bugger - i would have hammered the game last weekend if i knew this. Anybody know if they will be doing this again?

Trunks1337
02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Try to check the Autolog News for the next Event.
I am doing the same and will post it here when one happens again

Joel78
03-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Nothing in the news but it looks like there is Double XP at the moment.

XBOX ISAAC82
03-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks for this. Time for some Industrial Run's, double XP should net over 10'000xp per race.

XBOX ISAAC82
03-04-2012, 05:48 AM
Thanks for this. Time for some Industrial Run's, double XP should net over 10'000xp per race.

For those of you who don't know about this method I will elaborate. Go to the Industrial Run challenge set and select the Industrial Run race (third down) and select the best Lambo. Now just stay behind everyone until the bit of the track where it crosses over (short-cut appears from the right and crosses over the track) which is about 45-60 secs in. Put your foot down and use all your boost as you come over this hill and use the short-cut on the left. It's not a guaranteed method but you usually get about 6'500 to 10'200k using this method while the double XP is activate plus another 1500xp just for a perfect finish..

Swyer87
03-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Bloody hell man, missed double xp weekend again!

Thanks for that Isaac, think i will try this!

Swyer87
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
For those of you who don't know about this method I will elaborate. Go to the Industrial Run challenge set and select the Industrial Run race (third down) and select the best Lambo. Now just stay behind everyone until the bit of the track where it crosses over (short-cut appears from the right and crosses over the track) which is about 45-60 secs in. Put your foot down and use all your boost as you come over this hill and use the short-cut on the left. It's not a guaranteed method but you usually get about 6'500 to 10'200k using this method while the double XP is activate plus another 1500xp just for a perfect finish..

Hi mate

I'm doing the grind to level 30 now and this is a very good tactic, however there are no lambo's available for me to choose from even shown as locked? Do i win them online or unlock them in another way? I can see from a video on youtube that someone using the lambo gets to over 300mph and the fastest Porsche i am using gets nowhere near that. As a result i can only get about 4k max on a perfect run.

Any help anyone?

XBOX ISAAC82
03-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi mate

I'm doing the grind to level 30 now and this is a very good tactic, however there are no lambo's available for me to choose from even shown as locked? Do i win them online or unlock them in another way? I can see from a video on youtube that someone using the lambo gets to over 300mph and the fastest Porsche i am using gets nowhere near that. As a result i can only get about 4k max on a perfect run.

Any help anyone?

I cannot remember how I unlocked the Lambo. If you go to your Garage or collection or whatever it's called from the main menu when you highlight the Lambo your missing it will tell you the requirements to unlock it.

Swyer87
03-23-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm really confused now, the industrial run challenge are tier 4 cars which are RWD only. Double checked my list in 'view cars' and i have unlocked all Lambo's with that criteria but there is no lime green one and the top speed is 197 mph, i think (apart from the sunspot which is 200), dont think it will get anywhere near 300mph which is what i saw on the video on you tube?

Oh well guess i will have to just crack on with the fastest car i have got!

Joel78
03-24-2012, 01:31 AM
I think the video is 300km/h which is about 190miles....

Swyer87
03-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Well that would make sense! Cheers Joel :)

Swyer87
03-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Noticed there was double XP last night, went up a whole level in less than an hour doing the industrial run technique :)

Anyone know when it finishes?

XBOX ISAAC82
03-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Noticed there was double XP last night, went up a whole level in less than an hour doing the industrial run technique :)

Anyone know when it finishes?

Typical, I have checked every weekend for the last few weeks and had nothing and then the weekend I don't check what do you know. Although I can confirm it is currently still working (Tues 15:48 GMT) I have no idea when it finishes. It is probably still going from the weekend as I had the same thing when I played on a Tuesday after a double XP weekend. Just got about an hour or two to do as much as I can. Maybe I can hit level 30 if I can get 10K+ every attempt.

Edit: Seems they announced this on their facebook page and on the NFS site but again I didn't check last week. Worryingly it states....

"For today's Gaming Session, we'll be activating the last weekly playlist, "Technical Challenge"! And since it's the last one, we're going to make it a Double XP Weekend!"

Find news item here (http://www.needforspeed.com/post/friday-gaming-session-march-23?source=therun). So this may be the last of any double XP.

Swyer87
03-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Maybe as it is the last playlist they might be making it double xp week! Lets hope so :)

I will be on about 11pm GMT so i will soon find out!

XBOX ISAAC82
03-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Just so you guys know exactly how to use this method I done a video. Managed to get 12,000xp but it is usually 10k.

Need for Speed: The Run - Legendary Achievement - 12,000xp in 2 mins - Fastest XP grinding method - YouTube

Swyer87
03-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Finally managed to get to level 30 last night, double xp was still working at 12.15am GMT today.

Was about an 1/8th of the way in to level 27 and only took just under 2 hours to get to level 30, thank god for this tactic and double xp!

Going to be traded in now!

madmankevin
04-07-2012, 01:55 AM
Any idea if they're doing another one of these? The grind for 25 to 30 sucks.

XBOX ISAAC82
04-07-2012, 02:29 AM

This was a long grind even with the method I mentioned. I really don't think I would have had the patients if it wasn't for the double XP sessions.

Whether they'll do more double XP weekends its hard to say as now all the playlists are released
Keep an eye out on this page of needforspeed.com.

http://www.needforspeed.com/therun/news

Best to check on a Friday afternoon. Normally when they announce any weekend events.

Joel78
04-08-2012, 05:52 AM

It is a bit of a grind, but if you're going to buy the DLC I would recommend doing those first challenges, once I had completed those it only took an hour or so (on double xp) to get to level 30.