PDA

View Full Version : Offline play

Dps120390
02-22-2012, 02:43 AM
So i bought "whats my name" and the import pack, they work perfectly when im connected to the internet, but when i play offline, ( or even when my internet kicks me off) that song and the imports don't work,

but iv'e recently bought Say hey ( I love you) and it works fine off line, can someone tell me if this is suppose to happen or am i doing something wrong,

Ive already deleted it and re downloaded it but its still the same thing, ive also cleared the cache too and nothing :confused:

THE VICER0Y
04-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Rock Band has a similar issue. If you get disconnected, sometimes some of your DLC songs won't work anymore until you have a connection again. At first it was a mystery why this was happening, and why some worked and others didn't. I think has to do with the "double DLC verification" that Xbox does to ensure players are "fully authorized" to access their DLC.

The first verification is obvious, and that's the profile you've downloaded it with. I won't go into this one.

The second one is a "secret" one that they don't really tell anyone about straight out. When you download DLC for the very first time, it "marks" that console in some way. So, if you initially purchased & downloaded the content onto a system that is different from your primary one, if you try and play it on a different while disconnect from the internet, it more than likely won't work.

This is pretty common in the RRoD era, where everyone was getting brand new replacement systems. A second wave of replacements hit when the Slim came out. Add all those console replacements together, and that's a lot of "stranded" DLC that was initially downloaded to consoles that aren't owned by the original owner anymore.

Luckily, there is a solution.
Go to xbox.com and do the License Transfer:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content

Hopefully this will fix your problem. It's a best guess anyway and this first thing I'd try.

Dps120390
07-31-2012, 02:58 PM
i know you wrote that a while back but i decide to check one last time before i deleted them and did what you said and they work, thank you for the help