PDA

View Full Version : Xp Glitch!!!

Turdboi
02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
First off let me just say i discovered this by accident the other day and if you dont want to use this method you dont have to. So please dont moan that ive ruined a game, we all use this site for one thing and one thing only, achievements!

To get massive amounts of bonus xp and level up much quicker all you have to do is play a game (doesnt matter what mode, ive been playing deathmatch but this works on all game types). Play the game to completion and go past the line up score screen to the matchmaking screen.
From here dont quit to the main menu, dashboard your console. Load up Gotham City Impostors and check your mutliplayer stats in track record. You have now just gained around 30,000xp in no time at all.:woop:

I just did it and dashboarded on: 1574461xp lvl 85
When i loaded the game back up i was on: 1598961 lvl 86

Hope this helps anyone looking to lvl up faster, and sorry if this has been posted i did search but nothing came up.

Doktor Wilhelm
02-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Ah, so that's why I logged out at 1/3 of the way through level 99 last night, and when I went on this morining I was level 100... :confused:

I feel cheated out of the gameplay it would have taken to have leveled up. :p

upindat
02-22-2012, 02:46 PM
no shit!!! man you are a beast for finding this. SO dashboard after lineup and when next match starts???

ofay
02-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I have to get too many kills with too many weapons before I promote so I almost need to slow down my xp gain

Interesting find, hope it doesn't effect stats resetting at all

Turdboi
02-22-2012, 03:18 PM
no shit!!! man you are a best for finding this. SO dashboard after lineup and when next match starts???

Dashboard once the line up is completed and you are back at the matchmaking lobby. Then just load up gotham city impostors and you should have a whole lot more xp.

Thoric
02-22-2012, 05:06 PM
I've played three fumigation matches so far and have yet to get this to work.

Play a match, go past lineup to lobby, and then dashboard right?

jung4ever
02-22-2012, 05:36 PM
I've played three fumigation matches so far and have yet to get this to work.

Play a match, go past lineup to lobby, and then dashboard right?

Same here. Just tried it on tdm, fumigation and psych warfare - nothing yet.

Edit: When I first tried this, I forgot I had some time left on "Team xp boost"...after it ran out, I tried again and got 12,984 xp after dashboarding and starting up again. Maybe this had something to do with it?

Turdboi
02-22-2012, 06:04 PM

It's definelty working for me has been the last two days, I don't know why it wouldn't work :s

pH0u57
02-22-2012, 07:04 PM
does this work for PC, too?

ofay
02-22-2012, 07:10 PM
does this work for PC, too?
If there is a quick quit option you could try

upindat
02-22-2012, 08:20 PM
If there is a quick quit option you could try

Have you tried this ofay?? was going to try this to help grind out a bit for my promotion. Started playing darkness 2 and quit playing this. Wanting to confirm this works.

TRIIGGER
02-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Its workin for me. Im getting 23000 some odd exp. every time. Dashboard as soon as you get to the lobby, while the after match exp. screen is still up.

Bum Commando
02-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Why does it say things about dashboard when this the pc versons thread. =/ unless you get the xbox version when you purchase the pc version too? Doubtfull since they have seperate achievements and all.

OT: can anyone confirm this works on pc?

I Shakira I
02-23-2012, 12:37 AM
This sound interesting. Getting the game in a couple of days.

JrdRIOT
02-23-2012, 02:23 AM
I cant seem to get this to work.

Thoric
02-23-2012, 02:36 AM
I tried over 10 times different ways and can't seem to duplicate it at all. ::shrugs::

lid
02-23-2012, 03:04 AM
Why does it say things about dashboard when this the pc versons thread. =/ unless you get the xbox version when you purchase the pc version too? Doubtfull since they have seperate achievements and all.

OT: can anyone confirm this works on pc?

the forums are the same...

Turdboi
02-23-2012, 09:59 AM

Edit: When I first tried this, I forgot I had some time left on "Team xp boost"...after it ran out, I tried again and got 12,984 xp after dashboarding and starting up again. Maybe this had something to do with it?

they only thing i can think of is that i do have a xp boost - solo active and have done the whole time this has been working. Does anyone else who got this to work have an xp boost - solo, also?

JeS DeF
02-23-2012, 01:42 PM
I tried it twice last night and it worked both times. I jumped from level 70 up to 72 as a result and in the two matches I didn't get any extra XP from hitting certain milestones (kills, matches played, etc). I also didn't have any solo/team XP boosts going either.

Did just what Turdboi said; as soon as the match ended and the 1st screen came up that shows your XP and Costume Coins, I hit the guide button, returned to the dashboard and then started my game back up.

I don't think I'll be doing it too much just yet as I need either 200+ headshots on my Dawn Patrol or 200+ kills with my knife to unlock the weapon master achievement, so I don't want to advance my rank too much, too soon and get to the promotion achievement first.

upindat
02-23-2012, 02:21 PM
I tried it twice last night and it worked both times. I jumped from level 70 up to 72 as a result and in the two matches I didn't get any extra XP from hitting certain milestones (kills, matches played, etc). I also didn't have any solo/team XP boosts going either.

Did just what Turdboi said; as soon as the match ended and the 1st screen came up that shows your XP and Costume Coins, I hit the guide button, returned to the dashboard and then started my game back up.

I don't think I'll be doing it too much just yet as I need either 200+ headshots on my Dawn Patrol or 200+ kills with my knife to unlock the weapon master achievement, so I don't want to advance my rank too much, too soon and get to the promotion achievement first.

I can confirm that this does work. GREAT FIND!!! Jumped two levels with with dashboards. I can tell you that do not hit the exit game reports. just dashboard as soon as you go back to the lobby. i tried it once and exited out of the screen to lobby and it didnt work. Really crazy glitch i dont see getting patched. Take advantage of it while you can. Trying to rank up for the promotion. So i can confirm this works. I just tried it on team deathmatch. To the OP you are the man!!!

JrdRIOT
02-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Im doing exactly what you guys are saying but its just not working for me.

upindat
02-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Im doing exactly what you guys are saying but its just not working for me.

What game mode are you playing on?

JrdRIOT
02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
What game mode are you playing on?
TDM.
I actually think it may be working now, im getting the xbox guide up on most wanted screen and as soon as it goes to lobby im dashboarding out and by the looks of it, im getting 20k each time roughly i think.

upindat
02-23-2012, 04:33 PM
TDM.
I actually think it may be working now, im getting the xbox guide up on most wanted screen and as soon as it goes to lobby im dashboarding out and by the looks of it, im getting 20k each time roughly i think.

Good!! You got to do it as soon as the lobby comes up. Isnt this a weird ass glitch???? never heard of anything like it.

JrdRIOT
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Good!! You got to do it as soon as the lobby comes up. Isnt this a weird ass glitch???? never heard of anything like it.
So im supposd to be getting around 20k xp?
Yeah its awesome haha, cant complain really :)

upindat
02-23-2012, 04:54 PM
So im supposd to be getting around 20k xp?
Yeah its awesome haha, cant complain really :)
I got more like 30 k . I know it usually ranks you up one level per glitch. Dont know the exact xp, but hey free xp to help get the promotion cheevo will help. Seems to be taking awhile for me to rank up once i got over 60.

Turdboi
02-23-2012, 05:09 PM
I got more like 30 k . I know it usually ranks you up one level per glitch. Dont know the exact xp, but hey free xp to help get the promotion cheevo will help. Seems to be taking awhile for me to rank up once i got over 60.

I only discovered this glitch when i was lvl 79 but i have had to do it 2x times to lvl up most lvls from there, on lvl 95 now and takes about 3 goes at the minute, but it still helps to get me there much quicker:woop:

upindat
02-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I only discovered this glitch when i was lvl 79 but i have had to do it 2x times to lvl up most lvls from there, on lvl 95 now and takes about 3 goes at the minute, but it still helps to get me there much quicker:woop:
Does the xp increase as you get higher. Looks like 30k per level and i am near 70. wondering how much a grind as you near 100????

BloodRedRoses
02-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Think this is a banable offence?

Turdboi
02-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Does the xp increase as you get higher. Looks like 30k per level and i am near 70. wondering how much a grind as you near 100????

As its a glitch there is no real rules but ive been getting 24,500xp every time.

ofay
02-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Think this is a banable offence?
If you do it a few times maybe not, if they can track that you do it every game, possibly

Turdboi
02-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Just so everyone is aware i just used this method to get my promotion (and achievement) no side effects, no stats reset! if you wanna check my gamercard so you know im legit it is the same as my profile name 'Turdboi'.

Turdboi
02-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Just so everyone is aware i reached lvl 100 and promoted using this method (got my achievement in the process no problem :woop:).However this glitch no longer works.

Edit: Please delete duplicate post.

DROGTURIST
02-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Think this is a banable offence?Not bannable, but I think right now is a pretty stupid time to pull this glitch. The developers are actively rooting around in the stats server and code right now trying to fix the reset glitch, and if they notice a lot of people spiking like crazy in XP with far too few matches played for that amount, they might do something about it. If you can pull off level 100 before they notice, go ahead, but I don't think it's a good idea to, like, do it just once a day. Spam the hell out this glitch and get your achievement or don't do it at all, I'd say.

JrdRIOT
02-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Awesome, so it turns out the glitch hasn't been working for me whatsoever. No idea where I'm fucking going wrong. I'm dashboarding out of the game when I get to the lobby where it shows my stamps of excellence.

OR am I supposed to go past the stamps bit to the actual bit that shows coins and xp?

Goetzsta
02-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Is there a method like this for PC?

Turdboi
02-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Awesome, so it turns out the glitch hasn't been working for me whatsoever. No idea where I'm fucking going wrong. I'm dashboarding out of the game when I get to the lobby where it shows my stamps of excellence.

OR am I supposed to go past the stamps bit to the actual bit that shows coins and xp?

You need to dashboard after that bit bud, when you get back to the matchmaking screen where it shows your score from the previous game and your waiting for new players, if that makes sense.

Mr Inferno v2
02-24-2012, 02:35 AM
There is another way without going into multiplayer games, i just started up a challenge map, started a challenge, would quit out to the main menu, then dashboard, works every time and you don't have to play through an entire match, 23k and change exp in about a minute

JrdRIOT
02-24-2012, 10:34 AM
You need to dashboard after that bit bud, when you get back to the matchmaking screen where it shows your score from the previous game and your waiting for new players, if that makes sense.

That's the bit I meant. It sometimes shows the badges in the main lobby too. Ill dash out in the right placr but it just doesn't work.

Can anyone else confirm the challenge mode thing works too?

Doktor Wilhelm
02-24-2012, 11:06 AM
the same as my profile name 'Turdboi'.

Ha! thought it was you, thanks for staying in the match when it was just me and yourself against a (almost) full team! ;)
Random crazy stalker sounding comment of the day: We live in the same town! :p

upindat
02-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Can anyone confirm the glitch still works after the patch???

BloodRedRoses
02-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Still works.

Turdboi
02-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Ha! thought it was you, thanks for staying in the match when it was just me and yourself against a (almost) full team! ;)
Random crazy stalker sounding comment of the day: We live in the same town! :p

Really? I've just moved up here from down south, didn't know people in Hartlepool played Xbox, all I've seen them do is drink lol :p

Downsize
02-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Just want to say my piece, I will NOT be doing this.

ghsbe
02-25-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm trying the challenge method, and I still can't get it to work.

Olijba
02-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Have to admit, this sound similar to something I have experienced. Not sure how much XP I have got from it, but I've noticed at times (maybe from dashboarding from match-making) that I'll come back and will have levelled up from where I was.

Not game breaking, just a little... well, takes the fun out a tad :)

JrdRIOT
02-25-2012, 12:11 AM
I can't get any method to work, thought it was but its not working for me :/

ghsbe
02-25-2012, 12:20 AM
I can't get any method to work, thought it was but its not working for me :/

Same here, haven't gotten it to work once.

JrdRIOT
02-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Same here, haven't gotten it to work once.

I've tried everything:
Dashing out the second it hits lobby
Giving it a few seconds then doing it
Going past unlock screen to the xp/coin part then dashing...

Fuck knows where I'm going wrong

i4mn1nja
02-25-2012, 01:54 AM
^same, there's gotta be another factor that contributes to it.

ofay
02-25-2012, 02:34 AM
It's hard to not do it when your game freezes after the line up counter reaches zero, and I need 500 kills in my next 9 levels 8/

lid
02-25-2012, 02:37 AM

good for u bub! enjoy playing while im already playing something else more enjoyable

oGStitches
02-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Ok , I really need help with this glitch , I need a step by step tutorial , because I still can't get this glitch to work , is there anything special I need to do in the game before I do this glitch ? Someone please explain to me .

JrdRIOT
02-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Fucking give up with this now, I must have tried it 50+ times and to no avail. What the fuck.

demon00uk
02-25-2012, 04:32 PM
It never worked for me before but I just downloaded the new update. Played a game and it got stuck at the end of the game with 1 second before it went back to lobby so I went to dashboard, booted it up again and found it had given me 24k xp... Nice!

ApocalypticJoker
02-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Works fine for me (i jumped eleven levels with it) so im sorry to those it doesnt work for but i find it hilarious that the GLITCH is glitched

x Lijah B x
02-26-2012, 06:22 AM
I just attempted this. Got it to work once. I tried it a second time and I got reset. Such bullshit. I'm going to be stuck at 60g for this game until they fix my stats now

Turdboi
02-28-2012, 11:58 AM
I just attempted this. Got it to work once. I tried it a second time and I got reset. Such bullshit. I'm going to be stuck at 60g for this game until they fix my stats now

I just completed this game 200/200 and I used this glitch loads and I never got reset once so I dont think this is the reason, plus alot of people are being forced to dashboard, me included because the game would freeze on the line-up screen at 1 second remaining.

Lebowski
02-28-2012, 05:56 PM
good for u bub! enjoy playing while im already playing something else more enjoyable

Some people actually enjoy playing games rather than just solely using them for gamerscore, wheres the fun in that?
What have you achieved (see what I did there? :p) from it? nothing because you ran through the game too quick to take it in and fully enjoy it.

Anyway back on topic:
As for people asking if this method will work on PC, in essence, probably no because there is no Dashboard, but you could try quickly bringing up Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) when the countdown hits zero and ending the task of Gotham City Imposters, then reboot the game from Windows.

ofay
02-28-2012, 08:29 PM
It's sad when someone only plays a game to get the cheevos, yeah I've done it but in the end it was really a waste of my life.

Plays games you like, try to get all the cheevos but don't waste time playing a game you don't enjoy for a few cheevos

demon00uk
02-28-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm actually being forced to use the glitch as it always freezes on 1 second meaning I have to dashboard and start again... Not complaining too much at this time though lol

I Shakira I
02-28-2012, 08:54 PM
I thought the one second glitch was fixed. I haven't had the problem for days.

demon00uk
02-28-2012, 09:04 PM
I had it 7 times earlier thus earning me 168k extra xp lol

upindat
02-29-2012, 06:37 PM
i had it happend a few times last night. hit and miss tho on the xp. Weird ass glitch

I Shakira I
02-29-2012, 07:52 PM
I've heard you have to be a high rank for this work. Correct ?!

upindat
02-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I've heard you have to be a high rank for this work. Correct ?!

Well i am 72 and it has worked for me. Dont really know what the other people ranked are.

i4mn1nja
02-29-2012, 11:32 PM
i'm pretty sure everyone in this thread who stated it was working for them and gave their level has been above a 70.

Belvik
03-04-2012, 12:40 AM
I wish they would patch the glitch. It's getting me when I quit playing the game normally now. I let the line-up go through. Hit :bbut: a few times to back out to the main menu, then quit out of the game by choosing the exit game option from the main menu. Everytime I start up the game again, I'm a level higher. I'm sure some people would love this, but I don't wanna be sitting at 100 for like 60 games while I finish up my psych warfare wins for the background. The glitch is somehow related to levels for sure, I never noticed this happening until I was around the 70's.

I Shakira I
03-05-2012, 04:11 AM
I did this at around level 51 and it gave me an extra 5K. So I think the higher you are the more xp you get

GaryTheSnail
03-05-2012, 05:54 AM
This glitch isn't working for me I tried 5 times my level is 81. I'm dashboarding right after the top 3 screen. I'm pretty sure there aren't any requirements to do the glitch.

i4mn1nja
03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
for people who had this working, were you getting a set amount of xp each time?
i did this right at level 50 and received exactly 2k xp every time since. i assumed the amount of xp would vary/increase as my overall level did but neither has happened and i'm a 54 now.

along with this, i don't need to join any matches and wait for them to finish or anything. load game up, look at my calling cards (or really anything that will cause the game to save when pressing B and going back to the main menu), go back to the main menu then dashboard and repeat. this process takes about a minute flat.

edit: when i first turn my xbox on i need to complete a match then dashboard to activate the glitch, but after that i don't need to join any more matches like i said above.

I Shakira I
03-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Ninya as I said I got 5k when I did it at lvl 53.

i4mn1nja
03-08-2012, 02:02 AM
lol okay, did you do it numerous times and get exactly 5k each time?

Album Shots
08-26-2013, 08:11 PM
:uzi:Also If Your Above 80+ View Your Player Card Via Main Menu Then Dashboard...Ps If Your Looking To Play With Some Of The Top 200 Players Message Me GT:Album Shots:uzi: