PDA

View Full Version : Easier way to get 80 hr. and 300 win achievements....

JC Elite
08-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I was just going through the forums and I don't think anyone has posted this before, but if someone has.....I apologize.

I figured out a way to get the 80 hr. and 300 win online achievements at the same time while saving a little wear and tear on your 360:

Basically just set your game to the usual settings (like what has been discussed here before) except make each match time either 15 min. or 20 min. then just leave your 360 on with the auto-launch timer. This way you will get both achievements around the same time instead of the 1 min. match (for the 300 win) and then leaving it on for longer to get the 80 hr.

It's simple math really.......80 hr. is 4800 min. 4800 divided by 300 is 16 min. There is an option for 15 min. matches. You won't get them both at the exact same time, but it should be close. In fact, you can do this for all of the Chaos and Team Chaos achievements, as well. Just be sure to change the game type over after you get the first one.

The reason this will save your 360 some time is you won't be going in and out of matches (in the lobby, for instance) as much, since you only get credit for your 80 hr. achievement while actually being in match. It's not going to save you a TON of time, but it should help a little. Especially for those of you (like me) who are worried about leaving your 360 on so long due to the fact you might get 'three little red lights'.

Hope this helps.

Qazianos
08-23-2007, 07:50 AM
I was just going through the forums and I don't think anyone has posted this before, but if someone has.....I apologize.

I figured out a way to get the 80 hr. and 300 win online achievements at the same time while saving a little wear and tear on your 360:

Basically just set your game to the usual settings (like what has been discussed here before) except make each match time either 15 min. or 20 min. then just leave your 360 on with the auto-launch timer. This way you will get both achievements around the same time instead of the 1 min. match (for the 300 win) and then leaving it on for longer to get the 80 hr.

It's simple math really.......80 hr. is 4800 min. 4800 divided by 300 is 16 min. There is an option for 15 min. matches. You won't get them both at the exact same time, but it should be close. In fact, you can do this for all of the Chaos and Team Chaos achievements, as well. Just be sure to change the game type over after you get the first one.

The reason this will save your 360 some time is you won't be going in and out of matches (in the lobby, for instance) as much, since you only get credit for your 80 hr. achievement while actually being in match. It's not going to save you a TON of time, but it should help a little. Especially for those of you (like me) who are worried about leaving your 360 on so long due to the fact you might get 'three little red lights'.

Hope this helps.

Simply....nice guide buddy i told my friend about this who was so excited seemed like "he was suited Booted and ready to get this EXECUTED" ! nice job

JohnTheGamer
12-17-2007, 05:15 AM
That's a great idea and nice way to sneak a little math education in to gaming. I don't have either achievements yet so I will definitely do it this way.

Ash2X
03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah,works great.I did it only on the "Win 1 Match in every MP-Mode"-Archivements,but hey getting GS without doing ANYTHING...great!:woop:

WrottenSandwich
07-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Sweet - I have been going thru my old games trying to clean them up. Far Cry is one of them. I would like to get it done before the new one comes out. I will do this to get these two achieves...... Thanks for posting..

Blackjaw x
07-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I managed to get every MP achievement (besides killing people) without touching the controller or being there... for Steal the Sample, I made a map and put an elastic around the controller so that I ran forward, diagonal walls funneled me through the other team's sample and into my own.

ANIM4L
07-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Though this has been discussed, fastest way to do 80hrs is set your match time 45 mins, if your concerned about over heating turn off auto start. That way you'll get almost an hour per match and you can shut it off after the match, 107 games equals just over 80 hours. But for the 300 matches the fasteset way is 1min matches w/ 15sec auto start, the match takes acutally 1.25mins due to intermission, should take about 6.25hrs. I would suggest using a wired controller eventhough you'll keep playing after your wireless turns off.

I'm spaming the 80hr achievement at the moment, one thing for those of us not concerned with over heating, in the systems tab for the dashboard there is a setting to turn off your 360 after 6hrs of inactivity. I've been getting at least 5hrs everynight when I go to sleep.

Now to add some extra info for getting all the multiplayer achievements (*except kills) while doing this without being there.

Simply create a map, add your objectives in the center i.e. sonic alarm generator. Now what you want to do is set your spawn points in a straight line for each team. This way if you rubberband your analog you'll run right into the objective. For the generator rotate it so you'll hit the broad side your guy will just keep running into the side without straying off. Fastest way to complete them all would be with the 1min match settings.

Have fun :cool:

Cjones178
07-20-2008, 09:38 PM
blackjaw that's just down right lazy lmao
i did the win types of multiplayer games acheivements and win all types with my mate.. took 10mins,

boofarama
08-04-2008, 10:32 PM
i agree not doing anything and getting achievements is great..