PDA

View Full Version : What will your team be / look like?

Chrise
02-24-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm so hyped about SFxT right now and I just do not know who I want to pick for my Team. I mean...there are so many characters I like...from Street Fighter AND from Tekken.
I was thinking Jin and Ibuki, Jinbuki or Bison and Rolento, the Dictators. I have so many combinations in my head right now :D
so I'm asking you
- Who do you want on your team?
- And do you care about how they look, due to character customizations?

Veedrock
02-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Nice topic, I look forward to the answers!

===
In a perfect world, I'd only play one character. I love love LOVE that they have co-op gameplay and I would love for it to become the standard at tournament levels. It's just spectacularly awesome that it's available.

However, I know that's not realistic. I don't have any local friends that play fighting games and it's too inconvenient to try to team up with somebody online and actively play. Tournament play will continue being 1v1 at the topmost level, 2v2 might form a crowd but it will always be below 1v1.

===
- Who do you want on your team?

I've put a lot of thought into this and I'm still not sure. Ken is the only shoe-in at the moment; as my favorite SF character and somebody I'm comfortable controlling, he's going to be my anchor while I experiment with other characters.

Speaking of, I still don't know exactly where I want to start auditions for a second character. I really want it to be a Tekken character, but that's as far as I can narrow it down unfortunately. I've watched a lot of SFxT streams and footage but I just don't think any of it is doing the Tekken characters much justice. Even when players do well with the characters, I just don't feel like it gives a good representation of what they're capable of because, well, we really don't know how they play. Street Fighter characters have a pretty well established history of what they can do, but Tekken characters are a whole new spectrum to explore.

So, that said I'm just going to have to mess around with them. I'm probably going to start with Asuka since I keep hearing good things about her, then I'll expand and test with Jin, Kazuya, Paul, and Xiaoyu.

However, the one character I'd really like to use is Lars, but he isn't available at launch. When he is available though, I'm going to try my best to make him work with Ken, as that'd be the dream team. I'm not going to force it though, if he doesn't work out then he doesn't work out. I'm not going to let my performance suffer for the sake of favoritism. And on the subject of DLC characters, I've always enjoyed Sakura so I'll probably try to make a decent team with her too starting with Kazuya.

So, recap:
At launch: Ken/Asuka(?)
Down the line: Ken/Lars, Sakura/Kazuya(?)

- And do you care about how they look, due to character customizations?

For the most part, no. If I have a problem with a character's appearance, it certainly isn't something a color swap is going to fix! Concerning the characters I'm going to use, I'll probably change their outfit colors every now and again to mix it up. I likely won't be changing things like skin or hair color though, because like I said I don't really have an issue with the appearances at large.

===
Sorry if this post was a bit..long, but I'm also super hyped and needed to type!

M1 Punk
02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm gonna pick my fav. SF en Tekken characters first to see if I like their playing style in this game. Bison, Yoshi, Hoomerang (you know who I mean) and Cody (DLC).

I'll probably give my characters a black/green color.

I kinda wish Urien from 3rd Strike was in this game. His style is similar to Bison's and pairing those two up would be sweet.

WREQUIEM
02-24-2012, 08:27 PM
i like most of the characters instead of rufus(?) and the other fat american
colors pink and orange
swag

Chrise
02-25-2012, 10:25 AM
i like most of the characters instead of rufus(?) and the other fat american
colors pink and orange
swag

Yeah, well I'm at the same point, except that i like rufus and bob. But you didnt tell us, if u have any specific teams in mind

thecoffeeman03
02-25-2012, 04:27 PM
I plan on using Ryu and Jin...my favorite from both. I like Law but in the videos I've seen, he plays like Fei Long :/ I'm just soo anxious to get my hands on this game!!

Genesis x360a
02-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Im more of a Tekken player myself and very really dable in SF but I plan on playing this. My teams will mostly consist of Tekken players.

1st Team: Raven & Jin.
2nd Team: Nina & Lili - Swap out for Lili for Alisa if she isn't avalible straight away.
3rd Team: Balrog or Geif & Marduk.

WREQUIEM
02-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah, well I'm at the same point, except that i like rufus and bob. But you didnt tell us, if u have any specific teams in mind

being able to customize everyone, i'm most likely going to be playing everyone, exploring the tekken side.
i was always a big fan of cammy and lili though maybe them

hydrosugar
02-27-2012, 07:57 AM
I love Tekken, and some of my included favs are Hwaorang, Steve and Lili. So I'll probably use those. I just wished they included Lee. :(

NightReflection
02-27-2012, 11:58 AM
For me i think i will use a combination of my top 4 main characters.

Blanka (DLC)
Ryu
Hwoarang
Steve

Im peeved Blanka isn't in the main game but as-long as he is going to be a DLC character i can wait :D

Also may have to mix up a few (as i see it) comedy teams like rufus and bob.

It'll also be awesome to once again reunite the final fight (DLC) characters Cody and Guy as there 2 of the guys i have started to play with recently.

Soundwave77
02-27-2012, 05:48 PM
I have had a chance to play it and my main team is Hugo/hehaichi
and my secondary is rolento/zangief

CoregBlue1
02-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Of course my SF main and Tekken main.

Ibuki/Asuka

Suiken
02-28-2012, 01:22 AM
Initial pairings I'll try:

King + Zangief
Kazuya + Zangief
Heihachi + Zangief
Hugo + Zangief
Marduk + Zangief
Sagat + Zangief
Abel + Zangief
Poison + Hugo

NoThru22
02-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Cammy and Ibuki. Hopefully I'll get some rage quitters like in Super SF IV. :D

DESTRO5
02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Ken/Paul and my blonde assassins; Cammy and Nina yep.

Kizen
03-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Team Street Fighter: Poison and Chun-Li
Team Tekken: Lili and Asuka
Crossover: Poison and Lili / Asuka and Chun-Li

ShadowStar Mila
03-02-2012, 12:30 AM
lets see I would have more than one combination since theirs more than 2 characters I like from both games, so after some thinking Ill have 3 teams to consist of my original team from the tekken series who i will use in Tekken Tag 2, 2 from SF and sadly couldnt use in MVC3, and then another team thats a mix of both Sf and tekken.

(Main Team) Tekken Originals - Lili & Asuka Kazama (since Tekken 5 on the psp lili's been my favorite, my old favorite used to be jun/asuka style, hopefully lili's move set will somewhat be the same)

(Team 2) Street Fighter Originals - Cammy & Sakura (have to wait till dlc) until sakura gets added on Ibuki.

Team 3) SF X Tekken Mix - Lili & Cammy (cant wait to see how these 2 work together)

aside from those 3, I do wanna see how posion plays out, so if I end up liking posion i may take out cammy from my team 3 and it would be lili and poison.

Edit: oh wow so i just looked at some youtube videos and looked at the list and I didnt see cammy at all (hard to see and pick out who all the characters where but none of them looked like a cammy) so jus tlike mvc3 she's out again, well whatever my teams stay as the above just replace cammy with ibuki. so my teams now are

Tekken - Lili & Asuka/ Lili & Ling xiaoyu (since i like her super) this will be an alternate team when i get bored of using lili and asuka all the time.

Sreet Fighter - (Before DLC) Ibuki & Juri/ (DLC releases) Sakura & Juri or Ibuki (havent decided so ill see if im better with juri or ibuki and decide, from the SFIV i was better than ibuki so im predicted her)

Crossover - (before DLC) Lili & Ibuki/ (After DLC) Lili & Sakura

once again If I lie posion she could alternate my teams :P

TacticalElusion
03-02-2012, 02:20 AM
Edit: oh wow so i just looked at some youtube videos and looked at the list and I didnt see cammy at all (hard to see and pick out who all the characters where but none of them looked like a cammy) so jus tlike mvc3 she's out again, well whatever my teams stay as the above just replace cammy with ibuki. so my teams now are

Tekken - Lili & Asuka/ Lili & Ling xiaoyu (since i like her super) this will be an alternate team when i get bored of using lili and asuka all the time.

Sreet Fighter - (Before DLC) Ibuki & Juri/ (DLC releases) Sakura & Juri or Ibuki (havent decided so ill see if im better with juri or ibuki and decide, from the SFIV i was better than ibuki so im predicted her)

Crossover - (before DLC) Lili & Ibuki/ (After DLC) Lili & Sakura

once again If I lie posion she could alternate my teams :P

Cammy is in this game. She was revealed fairly early.

OT: I'm not sure who to pick....I am lost without my Blanka.

I had planned on picking Kuma because....He IS A FREAKIN BEAR! But I heard Seth Killian say that he is not the best.

I will probably end up starting off with Poison & Ogre but that will probably change when I get my hands on the game.

Suiken
03-02-2012, 02:42 AM
I had planned on picking Kuma because....He IS A FREAKIN BEAR! But I heard Seth Killian say that he is not the best.

Kuma is basically the Dan of Tekken. He is a joke character you use when you want to handicap yourself and have some laughs.

ShadowStar Mila
03-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Cammy is in this game. She was revealed fairly early.

OT: I'm not sure who to pick....I am lost without my Blanka.

I will probably end up starting off with Poison & Ogre but that will probably change when I get my hands on the game.

Ya i just looked at some more youtube videos and saw she was in, well thats good nws xD

I dont think ive ever met anyone that liked kuma o__o

FaitcH
03-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Ryu / Akuma / Cammy at first and later on might be a mix of SF and Tekken but don't know yet , depend of Tekken playstyle in this game otherwise i'll stick to my SF team :P

hydrosugar
03-03-2012, 05:13 AM
Kuma is basically the Dan of Tekken. He is a joke character you use when you want to handicap yourself and have some laughs.

Lmao Kuma. I OHKO'd an Alisa user online with Kuma's fart, funniest thing ever.

L Invictus
03-03-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm thinking using a mixture of King/Jin/Kazuya/Sagat/Akuma to start off... Until Cody's released, that is. Then I'll definitely main him along with KING, Jin, or Sagat... Man, I really wish that Bruce Irvin was in this game though. I would have loved to have had a Muay Thai combatant on Tekken's side.

XBM Yosho
03-03-2012, 06:14 PM
My team will consist of either Cammy/Poison or Chun Li/Poison

Team Legs.

Hitman H94
03-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I am currently thinking Jin and Ryu...but may change once I try out every character!

Kizen
03-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I am currently thinking Jin and Ryu...but may change once I try out every character!

Mmm. Jin has his instant agamottos, he's pretty beast. And Ryu is..... Ryu.

Hitman H94
03-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Mmm. Jin has his instant agamottos, he's pretty beast. And Ryu is..... Ryu.
Agamottos?....Well I don't really know much about the SF side, but he seems like an all round fighter.