PDA

View Full Version : Plasmids/Tonics: Locations, Discussion and Help Thread

Pages : [1] 2

DaKing240
08-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Here is a list of the currently known Plasmids and Tonics!

Plasmids (20)

Cyclone Trap
Cyclone Trap 2
Electro Bolt
Electro Bolt 2
Electro Bolt 3
Enrage! - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machine
Hypnotize Big Daddy
Hypnotize Big Daddy 2
Incinerate!
Incinerate! 2
Incinerate! 3
Insect Swarm - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machine
Insect Swarm 2
Insect Swarm 3
Security Bullseye - After getting your research camera, a nitro splicer will blow up the wall of rubble that you passed coming in. Kill him, then on the left window, you will see the red glowing plasmid on the awning.
Target Dummy - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machine
Telekinesis
Winter Blast - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machine
Winter Blast 2
Winter Blast 3Tonics (53 Total)

Physical Tonics (19)

1. BloodLust - U-Invent machine / Inventable after Arcadia
2. Booze Hound - U-Invent MAchine / Inventable after Arcadia
3. Eve Link - Sold at Gatherer's Garden machines
4. Eve Link 2 - Farmer's Market / On the ground near U-Invent & vending machines.
5. Extra Nutrition - Sold at Gatherer's Garden machines.
6. Extra Nutrition 2 - Storage Basement of the mall area in Fort Frolic. Covered by metal grate if Cohen dies. Also purchasable.
7. Extra Nutrition 3 - Research Spider splicers
8. Hacker's Delight - Cremate the body in the Medical Pavillion.
9. Hacker's Delight 2 - U-Invent machine / Inventable after Arcadia
10. Hacker's Delight 3 - Proving Grounds / Same room as the Big Daddy Helmet.
11. Medical Expert - Neptune's Bounty / In the center of the muddy section of the Lower Wharf.
12. Medical Expert 2 - Fort Frolic / Awarded by an alive Cohen or bought in Hephestus
13. Medical Expert 3 - Near the toilets in Dr. Suchong's Clinic on the second floor of Artemis Suites.
14. Natural Camoflouge - Research the Houdini Splicers
15. Scrounger - Research Leadhead splicers
16. Security Evasion - Arcadia / In the center of a group of splicers, near an Invent machine.
17. Security Evasion 2 - Hephaestus / Heat Monitoring / Across from electricuted ghost scene, sitting on desk
18. Sportboost - Research Thuggish splicers
19. Sportboost 2 - Research Thuggish Splicers

Engineering Tonics (16)

1. Alarm Expert - Fort Frolic / Theater / Top Left balcony sitting on the ledge
2. Alarm Expert 2 - Point Prometheus / Optimized Eugenics / on filing cabinet
3. Clever Inventor - Suchong's Apartment / Beside the tape recorder
4. Focused Hacker - Neptune's Bounty / In the area right before fighting Peach Wilkins.
5. Focused Hacker 2 - Hestia Fourth Floor, on the desk in the corner of the room near the safe.
6. Hacking Expert - Arcadia / Sitting on the first desk in Langford Labs
7. Hacking Expert 2 - Available in Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting in the Fort Frolic area.
8. Prolific Inventor - Awarded for saving Little Sisters / Last Tonic reward
9. Safecracker - Awarded for saving Little Sisters / First Tonic reward
10. Safecracker 2 - In the Autopsy room in the downstairs of the Little Wonders Educational Facility.
11. Security Expert - Medical Pavilion / On a small chest in the morgue.
12. Security Expert 2 - Research the flying Security Bot
13. Shorten Alarms - Neptune's bounty / Near "Saw Masha Today" recording or buy it at a Gatherer's Garden machine in Arcadia.
14. Shorten Alarms 2 - Hephaestus / On the floor right before setting off the EMP.
15. Speedy Hacker - Medical Pavilion / On the desk in the dentist's lab.
16. Speedy Hacker 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machines, starting in the Olympus Heights area.

Combat Tonics (18)

1. Armored Shell - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting with the Medical Pavilion area.
2. Armored Shell 2 - Awarded for saving Little Sisters / Second Tonic Reward
3. Damage Research - Hephaestus / Across from the EMP bomb on a table
4. Damage Research 2 - In the Mendel Family Library, on a desk in the rear of the room.
5. Electric Flesh - Fort Frolic / The Projector Room in the Theater / On bookshelf
6. Electric Flesh 2 - Olympic Heights / Fontaine's apartment / In the office on the desk
7. Frozen Field - Fort Frolic / Awarded for killing the Cohen victim in the freezer
8. Frozen Field 2 - Hephaestus - Room off entrance to Ryan's office - on desk
9. Human Inferno - Arcadia Gatherer's Garden machine / 20 Adam
10. Human Inferno 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine starting in the Point Prometheus area.
11. Photographer's Eye - In the bunk room of the wine cellar in Farmer's Market.
12. Photographer's Eye 2 - Research the Rosie Big Daddy.
13. Static Discarge - Medicial Pavilion / In the hallway after fighting Steinman.
14. Static Discharge 2 - Research Leadhead splicers
15. Wrench Jockey - Medical Pavilion / Seen from a window. In a back room, reached by airshaft.
16. Wrench Jockey 2 - Research Bouncer Big Daddy
17. Wrench Lurker - Neptune's Bounty / Sitting on the ledge near the plasmid machine.
18. Wrench Lurker 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting at Olympus Heights.

A special thanks to Corallian for most of the listing of all tonics!!

DeW222
08-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks DaKing! That's awesome to see. I'll be getting the game in about 2 days and this should help tide me over.

ThrillKillBill
08-19-2007, 07:07 AM
It don't make sence that there would be a "Cyclone trap 2" without there being a "Cyclone trap" to begin with.

Good job though, keep us informed on others you discover :)

flip
08-19-2007, 03:06 PM
i also never found cyclone trap 1 and only got cyclone trap 2, but it doesn't matter because plasmids don't count towards any achievements, only tonics do

sln333
08-19-2007, 03:20 PM
I like the sound of the Hypnotize Big Daddy plasmid...

DaKing240
08-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I know I missed a lot of them, so if you have some that you don't see, make sure to post :D

flip
08-19-2007, 03:40 PM
there is also a wrench lurker 2 in the combat tonics, other than that, this looks like a complete list

Hurrirus
08-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Engineering Tonics (Currently 16)

Speedy Hacker (also Speedy Hacker 2)
Shorten Alarms (also Shorten Alarms 2)
Focused Hacker (also Focused Hacker 2)
Hacking Expert (also Hacking Expert 2)
Alarm Expert (also Alarm Expert 2)
Safecracker (also Safecracker 2)
Security Expert (also Security Expert 2)
Prolific Inventor

Correct this list - it should also include Clever Inventor. And the only ONE tonic i missed is Alarm Expert 2. Anybody knows how to get it?

DaKing240
08-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Added, and thanks! Welcome to the site

icecoldassasin3
08-19-2007, 06:27 PM
how are you supposed to swith between one plasmid and the other when there are that many?

Krazie
08-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Gene Banks -- You can switch which ones are in your arsenal at any given time :p

And can we start compiling WHERE these are all located? Post below on where you found/got certain Tonics/Plasmids, and King will add them to the list..

flip
08-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Wrench Jockey - located in Kure-All(Medical Pavilion) go through the openable door on your right as soon as you walk in(you will see it glowing in the door on your left) and there will be a vent on the ground to your left as you walk in. bash the vent open with your wrench and go to the other side to get it

Speedy Hacker - Right next to the diary Suchong - Plasmids Are The Paint, in the room in the Medical Pavilion that you have to climb through the window while a gun turret is shooting at you, it's in the room to the left of where it says "Painless Dental" on the map

Static Discharge - While going to find Steinman, you will come across a closed gate with a splicer and a security bot on the other side, as well as a turret. Kill all of them, and while goin down the hall, there will be a defiled corpse lying against the wall, with Static Discharge lying right next to him.

DaKing240
08-20-2007, 04:49 AM
Alright, added!

ThrillKillBill
08-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Great list Da'king....... you have every tonic and only missed one plasmid. (oddly enough it was the one i thought odd in previous post) So add Cyclone trap before Cyclone trap 2 and your finished (unless you want to put combat tonics in alphabetical order :mad::p)

ThrillKillBill
08-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Correct this list - it should also include Clever Inventor. And the only ONE tonic i missed is Alarm Expert 2. Anybody knows how to get it?

its in the Live Subject Testing area of Point Prometheus. Inside a filing cabinet. Enjoy :)

Obby
08-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Sorry to be picky, but according to this list there are 54 tonics (19+18+17=54) - probably because theres only 16 listed under engineering but its written as 17

Other than that, brilliant list.. I'll be more thorough in my next playthrough and make sure I note down where I find any tonics :) Have just been buying and making them as and when I can so far, only forgot to do the 1st photographers eye, doh :)

Hehe edit number 3, found the places for EVE link & Medical Expert (the Fisheries Gatherer's Garden & the Arcadia ones, respectively if anyone needs em :)

Yay for 'Achievement Unlocked' :)

thugout
08-22-2007, 01:51 PM
hi i missed 3 tonics
combat - armor shell 2
engeniering -profilic inventor
engeniering -safe cracker
any idea ?
thank you

DaKing240
08-22-2007, 01:58 PM
List is now complete in terms of names, numbers of items and is now alphabetized. We are still looking for locations. Please post any locations you find, and it will be updated. Thanks!

thugout
08-22-2007, 02:42 PM
i found this locations somewhere else

-Alarm Expert 2 :Proving grounds level -> Optimized Eugenics part, first door on the right, up on a filing cabinet on the left rear as you walk in.
-Hacker's Delight - Cremate the body in the Medical Pavillion
-Medical Expert 2 - Awarded by an alive Cohen or bought in Hephestus
-Natural Camoflouge - Research the Houdini Splicers
-Medical Tonic 2 in the machine in Hephaestus

-hackers delight 3: "where you need to collect the head for the big daddy suit, its on the very left at the table. you cannot mis it.
-Eve Link can be bought from one of the Gatherers Gardens
-wrench jockey 2 by reaserching the bouncer big daddy
-Extra Nutrition is in the gatherers garden at the beggining of Neptunes bounty
-Human Inferno in Arcadia's Gatherer's Garden for 20
-Frozen Field - Awarded for killing the Cohen victim in the freezer
-Shorten Alarms Almost 100% sure, Arcadia level, the Gatherer's machine, buy it with some ADAM.

AOS Puck
08-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Electro Bolt: Near the very beginning of the game, can't miss it.

Incinerate: In the Medical Pavilion, in the crematorium. After you kill the Nitro Splicer, go behind his desk to access a back room which has a security camera and a body you need to cremate in order to get Hacker's Delight. You need to go up stairs, kill a splicer and then crouch and go through a hole in the wall. Incinerate is in there.

Telekinesis: In the Medical Pavilion, in a denitist office. After you get Incinerate, go back to the main area and go down the stairs to find frozen pipes. Use Incinerate and go into one of the dental offices. It's the one where you find your first safe. Look for what looks like a Tennis trophy room and go in there. Go left once you are in there to find a diary and a Gatherer's Garden which has Telekinesis.

thugout
08-22-2007, 09:04 PM
someone just tell me that :
safecracker and armor shell 2 you get by saving the little sisters

ReCkLeSs_X
08-23-2007, 03:26 AM
someone just tell me that :
safecracker and armor shell 2 you get by saving the little sisters

Wow, I hope that is not true, those are the only ones I need and I just beat the game.

Maybe I'll get them on my second play through. Does anybody know if the achievement unlocks if a person gathers all of them (in total) through 2 separate games?

I really need to find Safecracker and Armored Shell 2.

bagio
08-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Physical: 19 Tonics

BloodLust - U-Invent machine / Inventable after Arcadia
Booze Hound - U-Invent MAchine / Inventable after Arcadia
Eve Link - Sold at Gatherer's Garden machines
Eve Link 2 - Farmer's Market / On the ground near U-Invent & vending machines.
Extra Nutrition - Sold at Gatherer's Garden machines.
Extra Nutrition 2 - Storage Basement of the mall area in Fort Frolic. Covered by metal grate if Cohen dies. Also purchasable.
Extra Nutrition 3 - Research Spider splicers
Hacker's Delight - Cremate the body in the Medical Pavillion.
Hacker's Delight 2 - U-Invent machine / Inventable after Arcadia
Hacker's Delight 3 - Proving Grounds / Same room as the Big Daddy Helmet.
Medical Expert - Neptune's Bounty / In the center of the muddy section of the Lower Wharf.
Medical Expert 2 - Fort Frolic / Awarded by an alive Cohen or bought in Hephestus
Medical Expert 3
Natural Camoflouge - Research the Houdini Splicers
Scrounger - Research Leadhead splicers
Security Evasion - Arcadia / In the center of a group of splicers, near an Invent machine.
Security Evasion 2 - Hephaestus / Heat Monitoring / Across from electricuted ghost scene, sitting on desk
Sportboost - Research Thuggish splicers
Sportboost 2 - Research Thuggish Splicers

Engineering: 16 Tonics

Alarm Expert - Fort Frolic / Theater / Top Left balcony sitting on the ledge
Alarm Expert 2 - Point Prometheus / Optimized Eugenics / on filing cabinet
Clever Inventor - Suchong's Apartment / Beside the tape recorder
Focused Hacker - Neptune's Bounty / In the area right before fighting Peach Wilkins.
Focused Hacker 2
Hacking Expert - Arcadia / Sitting on the first desk in Langford Labs
Hacking Expert 2
Prolific Inventor - Awarded for saving Little Sisters / Last Tonic reward
Safecracker - Awarded for saving Little Sisters / First Tonic reward
Safecracker 2
Security Expert - Medical Pavilion / On a small chest in the morgue.
Security Expert 2 - Research the flying Security Bot
Shorten Alarms - Neptune's bounty / Near "Saw Masha Today" recording or buy it at a Gatherer's Garden machine in Arcadia.
Shorten Alarms 2 - Hephaestus / On the floor right before setting off the EMP.
Speedy Hacker - Medical Pavilion / On the desk in the dentist's lab.
Speedy Hacker 2

Combat : 18 Tonics

Armored Shell
Armored Shell 2 - Awarded for saving Little Sisters / Second Tonic Reward
Damage Research - Hephaestus / Across from the EMP bomb on a table
Damage Research 2
Electric Flesh - Fort Frolic / The Projector Room in the Theater / On bookshelf
Electric Flesh 2 - Olympic Heights / Fontaine's apartment / In the office on the desk
Frozen Field - Fort Frolic / Awarded for killing the Cohen victim in the freezer
Frozen Field 2 - Hephaestus - Room off entrance to Ryan's office - on desk
Human Inferno - Arcadia Gatherer's Garden machine / 20 Adam
Human Inferno 2
Photographer's Eye
Photographer's Eye 2 - Research the Rosie Big Daddy.
Static Discarge - Medicial Pavilion / In the hallway after fighting Steinman.
Static Discharge 2 - Research Leadhead splicers
Wrench Jockey - Medical Pavilion / Seen from a window. In a back room, reached by airshaft.
Wrench Jockey 2 - Research Bouncer Big Daddy
Wrench Lurker - Neptune's Bounty / Sitting on the ledge near the plasmid machine.
Wrench Lurker 2

ThunderC4T
08-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Safecracker - Awarded for saving Little Sisters / First Tonic reward i rescued all the little sisters and searched my awards but didn't get this tonic!!:confused:

Slarak
08-23-2007, 06:51 PM
After seeing a poster for just about all of the plasmids you can get there was one I noticed you can't get, teleportation. If you look above the green garden when you meet your first little sister there's a poster for one. Maybe got cut out during development? :confused:

kirby or die
08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Security Evasion 2 - Hephaestus / Heat Monitoring / Across from electricuted ghost scene, sitting on desk
I Looked there but I can't seem to find it.

All I'm missing is this and damage research 2. any one know where they are I would appreciate it.

TheGreatLaharl
08-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I see locations for a lot of the tonics, but I am still missing one without a location. I am looking for safecracker 2. If anyone has any idea where that is, I would greatly appreciate it.

jmez
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
I see locations for a lot of the tonics, but I am still missing one without a location. I am looking for safecracker 2. If anyone has any idea where that is, I would greatly appreciate it.

Safecracker 2 is in the Autopsy Ward of the Little Wonders area of Point Prometheus.

If anyone knows where I can find/buy Human Inferno 2, I'd appreciate it.

TheGreatLaharl
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Thank you much jmez. You are a great help. Found it easy.

kirby or die
08-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Safecracker 2 is in the Autopsy Ward of the Little Wonders area of Point Prometheus.

If anyone knows where I can find/buy Human Inferno 2, I'd appreciate it.
I'm pretty sure you buy this one but I'm not sure Try looking in the Gatherers garden on the last few levels see if its there.

twistedlogic149
08-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Someone help me!

I have every single tonic EXCEPT for Extra Nutrition 1. I've looked everywhere for it - even in the Gatherer's Garden, but my only available options to buy from GG is EVE Upgrade and Health Upgrade. WHAT THE FUCK!? SOMEONE HELP!

flip
08-23-2007, 10:39 PM
um, if you buy it at a gatherer's garden, maybe try going to an earlier one? i usually just bought whatever i could at them with however much ADAM i had

jmez
08-24-2007, 01:05 AM
I'm pretty sure you buy this one but I'm not sure Try looking in the Gatherers garden on the last few levels see if its there.

As of now, I'm 95% sure I've checked all the Gatherer's Gardens [EDIT: page break loses subject: Human Inferno 2]. It's bugging me, 'cause I'm pretty sure you buy this too, but I can't find it...

EDIT 2: So, it turns out I'm an idiot - Human Inferno 2 can be bought at the Point Prometheus GG - I checked Proving Grounds but somehow skipped PP...

Cist
08-24-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm going to start my second run through once I have a list of locations.

To complete the list we need these locations, can anyone help? :

Armored Shell
Damage Research 2
Photographer's Eye
Speedy Hacker 2
Hacking Expert 2
Focused Hacker 2
Medical Expert 3

Great list so far keep up the good work.

mobian
08-24-2007, 04:30 AM
is the prolific inventor the last teddy bear delievery or something? i cant seem to find it

Cist
08-24-2007, 06:13 AM
Armored Shell 1 is bought from the GG in the Medical Pavillion...

Everyone probably knows that, just it's not in the list.

TheLazyWolf
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow, I hope that is not true, those are the only ones I need and I just beat the game.

Maybe I'll get them on my second play through. Does anybody know if the achievement unlocks if a person gathers all of them (in total) through 2 separate games?

I really need to find Safecracker and Armored Shell 2.
I am missing safecracker 1 as well. i believe if you keep saving little sisters before you pick up the first reward, you will miss safecracking 1 forever. my experience anyway.

Quenthalien
08-24-2007, 12:49 PM
The level 1 Hackers Delight & Incinerate are on the 1st and 2nd floors of the crematorium respectively. Cremate the body to get HD, and the Incinerate is right next to the GG machine.
:Bounce:

tarheeltay
08-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Just a small addition:

Armored Shell is sold at Gatherer's Gardens, starting with the very first one you can use.

Edit: oops, right after posting this i saw it had already been added by cist

Ult1ma Weap0n
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
I am playing through a 2nd time on hard and i'm trying to get historian and tonic collector, i've only dealt with 2 little sisters so far and i harvested them, is it possible for me to get profilic inventor if i save the rest?

Taco Ruler
08-24-2007, 08:52 PM
yea im going for the tonics achievement but i think i have havested all the little sister that are before arcada
can i still get all the award tonics?

tarheeltay
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't think there's any way to get the Prolific Inventor tonic other than by saving ALL little sisters. Sorry Guys!

Taco Ruler
08-24-2007, 09:59 PM
well the i guess i might beat the game 4 times then ;)

BThumme
08-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Can anybody tell me where Human Inferno 2 is? Please don't say it's a purchase, because I'm down to 20 or 40 ADAM :(

EDIT: I'm 10 ADAM short :(...You can buy it at the GG at Point Prometheius

antilucid
08-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Where do I get the hypnotize big daddy ones? I am almost to Atlas and the only time I have seen it was when my powers were going wacky.

Skum
08-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Armored Shell u can guy from GG
Damage Research 2 mendel library 2nd floor point prometeus in the back on desk
Focused Hacker 2 on the top floor of fontaines poor house instead of going down to wepon upgrade take a left

Medical Expert 3 forget exactly but its in a doctors area in the last 2 levels

XxHektikxX
08-25-2007, 12:19 AM
well antilucid you only get that plasmid along with a couple of tonics by saving the little sisters, not harvesting them

antilucid
08-25-2007, 12:55 AM
well antilucid you only get that plasmid along with a couple of tonics by saving the little sisters, not harvesting them
Oooh. I will have to work on that the second time around then.

Feel My Rage
08-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Hey I just noticed that everyone knows about Cyclone trap 2,but not about the first one...so...*ahem*

CYCLONE TRAP 1

This plasmid is at the third(i believe) Gatherers Garden.Its the one in Arcadia,the same spot you can buy your first extra tonics/plasmids slots from.

*EDIT* Sorry,i should have said that everyone knows about the first but no one seems to know where to find it,my apologies.

tarheeltay
08-25-2007, 05:24 AM
I was playing too quick and didn't grab the tonic that Sander Cohen gives you, so i had to load my save. I know someone said something similar to this with the little sister rewards.

tarheeltay
08-25-2007, 05:38 AM
OOOOH found another one-

Photographer's Eye - In the basement of the winery in the Farmers Market. When you get to the bottom of the first flight of stairs in the winery you'll see a hole in the wall that you can crawl under to drop down to it

HeroFromHyrule
08-25-2007, 06:31 AM
I went to check out the Gatherer's Garden in Point Prometheus to buy Human Inferno 2 (thanks jmez!) and I see that it also sells Wrench Lurker 2 and Speedy Hacker 2, which completes the collection for me. =)

Corallion
08-25-2007, 08:12 AM
All Tonic locations

Extra Nutrition 2 - Storage Basement of the mall area in Fort Frolic. Covered by metal grate if Cohen dies. Also purchasable.
Medical Expert - Neptune's Bounty / In the center of the muddy section of the Lower Wharf.
Medical Expert 2 - Fort Frolic / Awarded by an alive Cohen or bought in Hephestus
Medical Expert 3 - Near the toilets in Dr. Suchong's Clinic on the second floor of Artemis Suites.
Security Evasion - Arcadia / In the center of a group of splicers, near an Invent machine.

Engineering: 16 Tonics

Alarm Expert 2 - Point Prometheus / Optimized Eugenics / Live Subject Testing Area on a filing cabinet
Focused Hacker - Neptune's Bounty / In the area right before fighting Peach Wilkins.
Focused Hacker 2 - Hestia Fourth Floor, on the desk in the corner of the room near the safe.
Hacking Expert 2 - Available in Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting in the Fort Frolic area.
Safecracker 2 - In the Autopsy room in the downstairs of the Little Wonders Educational Facility.
Shorten Alarms - Neptune's bounty / Near "Saw Masha Today" recording or buy it at a Gatherer's Garden machine in Arcadia.
Speedy Hacker 2 Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machines, starting in the Olympus Heights area.

Combat : 18 Tonics

Armored Shell - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting with the Medical Pavilion area.
Damage Research 2 - In the Mendel Family Library, on a desk in the rear of the room.
Electric Flesh 2 - Olympic Heights / Fontaine's apartment / In the office on the desk
Frozen Field - Fort Frolic / Awarded for killing the Cohen victim in the freezer
Human Inferno - Arcadia Gatherer's Garden machine / 20 Adam
Human Inferno 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine starting in the Point Prometheus area.
Photographer's Eye - In the bunk room of the wine cellar in Farmer's Market.
Wrench Jockey - Medical Pavilion / Seen from a window. In a back room, reached by airshaft.
Wrench Lurker - Neptune's Bounty / Sitting on the ledge near the plasmid machine.
Wrench Lurker 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting at Olympus Heights.

Nylan
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
@Corallion (http://xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=25722)
great list, finally complete, thx.

By the way, do you know if there are any that you cannot go back and get like some of the audio diaries?

tarheeltay
08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
The ones you can't go back and get are the ones you get as prizes, so make sure you grab:

Someone said they missed
Armored Shell 2- because they didn't grab the little sister rewards until after they received another one.

So basically grab any rewards the moment you get them, if they wait there they might be replaced and gone for good!

xrxsxbx
08-25-2007, 06:41 PM
to unlock this achievement, do i have to get all tonics/plasmids right, that means, that if i already have incinerate 3 i'll have to buy incinerate 2? (nevermind, already check, plasmids arent part of this achievement)

i only missed eve link, but now im out of adam i guess i'll have to start again haha.

any recommendation, on what tonic to purchase, or only purchase tonics first and then plasmids upgrades?

and if so, wich ones should i buy and wich ones not? you know to keep a good amount of adam, in case i need it to.

tarheeltay
08-25-2007, 06:53 PM
You only need the tonics, not the plasmids, and be careful, because you can run out of Adam if you buy too much, and then you're screwed.

xrxsxbx
08-25-2007, 07:13 PM
You only need the tonics, not the plasmids, and be careful, because you can run out of Adam if you buy too much, and then you're screwed.

haha i alredy notice that, and its oficial im screwed haha :drunk

i'll start again, but with the list i think i'm going to be just fine.

M A G N 3 T Y K
08-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Well what does the list mean because it doesnt tell you where all them are, and i have 4 left and they cannot be bought so i dont know where to find them, i wish that it listed everywhere they were. That'd be pimp.:locked

D0cman88
08-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Well what does the list mean because it doesnt tell you where all them are, and i have 4 left and they cannot be bought so i dont know where to find them, i wish that it listed everywhere they were. That'd be pimp.:locked

Umm...

Look 6 posts up and you might be surprised:eek::)

But I was thinking that King should maybe update the list with that post, if they are all correct. I'm sure they are because it sounds like it's from a guide.

I do have a question though. Do you have to save all of the little sisters to get all the tonic rewards or can you harvest some if you want?

Monkey Juice
08-25-2007, 10:50 PM
All Tonic locations

Can you be a little more specific with this one? it's the only one I need and I must have circle the area 4x with no luck.

M A G N 3 T Y K
08-26-2007, 01:05 AM
OH MY GOD I LOVE THE DUDE THAT POSTED THE LOCATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1: ass

wow dude i meant to put the ass emoticon thingy in and on my screen it just says ass....oops:eek:

D3LTA 07
08-26-2007, 02:57 AM
i cant find speedy hacker in the dental labs, can someone please help?

oh, nevermind apperently i already had it, oops :)

Corallion
08-26-2007, 05:03 AM
Umm...

Look 6 posts up and you might be surprised:eek::)

But I was thinking that King should maybe update the list with that post, if they are all correct. I'm sure they are because it sounds like it's from a guide.

I do have a question though. Do you have to save all of the little sisters to get all the tonic rewards or can you harvest some if you want?

You cannot harvest any at all. You must save them to get all the tonics because you get the Prolific Inventor tonic as a prize for saving all of them.

Can you be a little more specific with this one? it's the only one I need and I must have circle the area 4x with no luck.

It's in the Live Subject Testing Area on top of the filing cabinet of Point Prometheus.

If you still can't find it then check your tonics cause you probably have it and don't realize it.

Winwood
08-26-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm almost sure plasmids cost less if you get them later on in the game (when the second versions are available) - is the same true of tonics? Because if it is then it would make sense to wait until the last machines to buy tonics you don't use, right?

Feel My Rage
08-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm almost sure plasmids cost less if you get them later on in the game (when the second versions are available) - is the same true of tonics? Because if it is then it would make sense to wait until the last machines to buy tonics you don't use, right?
Not wise to wait until the last machine if you want the Tonic Collecter achievement.You need every version of every tonic,and some are only available earlier in the game.

It is true about the plasmids though,if you buy the more advanced ones later you spend less adam overall:woop:

Yann
08-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Do you need to get the upgrades of each plasmid aswell or just the starting one?

DaKing240
08-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey all, thanks for helping with the updates. I just got back from my trip, so going to make sure we get this finished up, and to credit everyone who helped list locations.

Corallion
08-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Do you need to get the upgrades of each plasmid aswell or just the starting one?

If you're talking about for the achievement, you just need to collect tonics. You can collect plasmids if you want but it's not required.

Connoroo
08-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Im right now at fort frollic is it still possible for me to collect all the tonics? i mean im pretty sure ive got them all but can u go back to previous areas?

Connoroo
08-26-2007, 11:35 PM
also is there enough atom to get all the "tracks" and tonics in one play thru?

gslice08
08-27-2007, 03:57 AM
where exactly is mendels family library for the tonic damage research 2

ArchersInbound
08-27-2007, 04:05 AM
After seeing a poster for just about all of the plasmids you can get there was one I noticed you can't get, teleportation. If you look above the green garden when you meet your first little sister there's a poster for one. Maybe got cut out during development? :confused:

Every time you die, you teleport :woop:

Nate Graves
08-27-2007, 11:25 AM

The only tonic left for me is Extra Nutrition (GG in Neptune's Bounty, by the way).

I have 15 ADAM. It costs 20. Sadface.

Every time I attempt to leave Neptune's Bounty, it tells me that I haven't got all the Little Sisters here. I nabbed 4/3 (that's not a typo...four out of three), but is it possible that there are more (hidden) Little Sisters?

And not just here, but elsewhere?

Or is the game just bein' glitchy?

If you (or anyone else) runs into this, let me know. I want the achievement, but I don't know if I want it bad enough to run the entire game all the way through and find (and buy!) every single tonic again.

Chojin
08-27-2007, 01:29 PM
i just need:

i've got everything else! got the achieve for saving all the little sisters, checked the teddy bear at the end etc but no last tonic....

i know what the first hint means but whats suggested by 'last tonic reward' i was assuming it might just be awarded to me for getting 52/53

Corallion
08-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Im right now at fort frollic is it still possible for me to collect all the tonics? i mean im pretty sure ive got them all but can u go back to previous areas?

Yes, just go back to bathysphere and choose a level

also is there enough atom to get all the "tracks" and tonics in one play thru?

Yes, as long as you buy only tonics, no health or eve upgrades.

where exactly is mendels family library for the tonic damage research 2

it's in Point Prometheous, when entering the level there will be sets of stairs on both sides of the door Fontaine goes through. Take the stairs left of the door, go about half-way down the hallway and go through the door marked "Mendel's Family Library"

Sorry, don't know abouts yours Nate Graves and Chojin

Winwood
08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I wasn't sure how much stuff you could buy and still afford the tonics you need to buy for the achievement - so I only bought one plasmid slot and tonics throughout the game and in the end I had 2600 Adam to spare. So the point is, keep track of what you buy and as long as you don't spend over 2600 on plasmids/slots you should be ok.

BTW. When there was a choice between finding one free and buying it I found the free version. Thanks for the guide :D

WreKa
08-27-2007, 08:49 PM
All I need is the Human Inferno 2 for the achievement and I can't get it cause I need 10 more ADAM is there a way to find this?

Anubis Arcane
08-27-2007, 10:02 PM
All I need is the Human Inferno 2 for the achievement and I can't get it cause I need 10 more ADAM is there a way to find this?

Ugh same here! I was hoping to find this one as well, lol.

LUIGI BROS 13
08-28-2007, 02:40 AM
if i accidentally killed a little sister (only one) can i still get Prolific Inventor?

Corallion
08-28-2007, 03:42 AM
if i accidentally killed a little sister (only one) can i still get Prolific Inventor?

nope, sorry. you need all of them to get the tonic

LUIGI BROS 13
08-28-2007, 03:52 AM
dang ok well thanks for telling me

Cold Rival
08-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Hey all, can someone clarify where to find Medical Expert 3 please? I'm not entirely sure where the clinic is in Artemis Suites (at the moment, I'm in Mercury Suites and have just checked the Dr.'s appartment). Have I already passed the required location?

Thanks all.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in the next area!

EDIT 2: I've got one more to find... Alarm Expert 2 - which is meant to be sitting on a filing cabinate in Optimized Eugenics. Can anyone specify which room this filing cabinate is in? Because I'm tearing my hair out looking for this one. Thank you.

EDIT 3: Guess what? :p (It was in the Live Subject Testing room) :)

Connoroo
08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Yes, just go back to bathysphere and choose a level

Yes, as long as you buy only tonics, no health or eve upgrades.

it's in Point Prometheous, when entering the level there will be sets of stairs on both sides of the door Fontaine goes through. Take the stairs left of the door, go about half-way down the hallway and go through the door marked "Mendel's Family Library"

Sorry, don't know abouts yours Nate Graves and Chojin
u say i can't get eve and health upgrades but can i have bought plasmids?

Me55iah
08-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Good Guide. ;)

DFILL450
08-28-2007, 09:22 PM
where can i find extra nutrition 1..its one of the last 2 i need
i also need shorten alarms 1..thanks

edit**nevermind got them

any1 who mite need help findin extra nutrion..its at the gatherers garden in neptunes bounty

elsmitmyster
08-28-2007, 10:56 PM
I need one more tonic but can't get into the optimised eugenics area-can anyone help?

edit - Started again from a previous save point and got into the eugenics area. For some reason the doors didn't open for me first time around: you could hear the sound of them opening but they didn't open - strange.

Great list, now I just need to go back and complete the historian achievement and complete on hard also.

brentkid
08-29-2007, 02:44 AM
Great guide here. Helped me find the last tonic I needed really easily.

Orange Julius
08-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Anyone else not get Prolific Inventor after they rescued the last little sister? I know I got all of them, I even got the achievement after I went ahead and beat the game... but there wasn't a plasmid in the teddy bear, just some Adam, bullets, and health kits. Is there anywhere else in the game that it might show up?

Anti-Hero
08-29-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm at Proving grounds and I was hoping to get this achievment but I realized that I still need at least 2 or 3 more tonics. It says on the guide that they are only available at Gatherer's Garden machines but I ran out of Adam. Can I invent them at U-invents or do I need to start over? Thanks. And sorry if this question was already answered somewhere else.

viciousmental56
08-29-2007, 07:44 PM
if you are going for the tonic achievement
you should save all little sisters
and dont buy any health/eve upgrades
because you might run out
also dont buy any plasmids that you dont like/need
and i believe there is only 2 tonics that you invent
the rest you buy/find

elsmitmyster
08-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Have you saved/harvested all little sisters from previous levels? Other than that, I don't think there's any way of getting more Adam.

Anti-Hero
08-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah I did. Hoping I could find the little sister glitch at the upper wharf in Neptune's bounty...

russell1190
08-31-2007, 08:40 PM
does anyone know where the last reward for saving the little sisters is?

Shinobi273
08-31-2007, 08:42 PM
does anyone know where the last reward for saving the little sisters is?

It should be in a teddy bear at the nearest Gatherer's Garden.

russell1190
08-31-2007, 08:48 PM
It should be in a teddy bear at the nearest Gatherer's Garden.

There is nothing there and i am still missing the prolific inventor tonic. I was sure that was one of the gifts.

Shinobi273
08-31-2007, 09:01 PM
There is nothing there and i am still missing the prolific inventor tonic. I was sure that was one of the gifts.

There is nothing at the GG? Are you sure you are at the right one? Are you sure it is Prolific Inventor and not Clever Inventor that you are missing? If you can't find it you may have to start over. I always make sure there is a GG nearby when I take down a Big Daddy so I know exactly where to pick up my reward.

Oh there may be 20 or 21 Little Sisters and the Prolific Inventor Tonic is the 6th reward not the 7th. I'm not sure on the total number of Little Sisters as no one has confirmed a number. If you rescued an extra one, you most certainly got a 7th reward which would make your 6th reward disapear.

Rewmac
08-31-2007, 10:19 PM
I will try this thanks anyway...

Turbo
09-02-2007, 01:04 AM
I don't think the Extra Nutrition tonic is at every G'Garden. I didn't find it in point Prometheus but I did find it in Arcadia. It was my last on3 :)

StreetCrab
09-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Hey all. I need Extra nutrition 1 and Hackers delight 2, already got ex nutrition 3 and hackers delight 3 is it still possible?? Also anyone willin to give me a detailed description for these two? pleeease:)

DisposedCheese
09-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Well i have a save right before the last boss, so hopefully i can get back from that maze and find a sub to continue with this achievement, Last one i need :).

Sasco1st
09-04-2007, 03:19 PM
17. Wrench Lurker - Neptune's Bounty / Sitting on the ledge near the plasmid machine.

Going nuts over this one, I've loaded a few games at the start of Neptune's Bounty but never see it, Is that stupid rpg turret nearby blowing it up?! Cheers

zakra
09-04-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm also looking for the wrench lurker, anyone know what area it is in in neptune's bounty?

Shinobi273
09-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Wrench lurker should be out in the open on the railing between the gatherers garden and the rpg turrent. If you can't find it there, I'm not sure what you can do. Are you trying to go back for it or are you trying to find it as you pass each location? It might pop up after you talk to Peach Wilkins or after you return with the photos. Are you absolutely sure you don't have it? It is a combat tonic, the bottom slots.

DisposedCheese
09-05-2007, 01:01 AM
prolific tonic is the last one i need. I'm currently searching random places to see if i missed a girl, but other then that i hope i didnt miss one. Okay i just tryed again, Im in promethues. I just got the last girl and i get the gift and it came with 200 adam, anti pers rounds and a med kit. Is there another gift like near the end boss.

Demology
09-05-2007, 09:37 AM
damn i missed out on the tonic achievement my first play through on medium. so i figured id try hard next and get em all. well im at the end of the game and i just realized that some you can only get by saving sisters. and i harvested all of them. so now i get to start it over again. this sucks.

PerfectAnt
09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
im in the same boat. I apparently did not pay enough attention to the posts my first 2 times through.

Are there any tonics that are both in the GG's and available in the game. I don't want to waste anything on something i can find in the game

Sasco1st
09-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Wrench lurker should be out in the open on the railing between the gatherers garden and the rpg turrent. If you can't find it there, I'm not sure what you can do. Are you trying to go back for it or are you trying to find it as you pass each location? It might pop up after you talk to Peach Wilkins or after you return with the photos. Are you absolutely sure you don't have it? It is a combat tonic, the bottom slots.

Thanks Shinobi, I think that's the problem, I was trying to get it at the start, before I got the camera etc, I feel a bit stupid on that one :woop:

DisposedCheese
09-07-2007, 02:48 PM
okay well im sure almost everyone is having trouble with the prolific tonic. I myself only need this one too. I saved every little girl becuase i certainly dont recall pushing X on any. Im not even sure what happens when you harvest them. I get the last girl in promethues i get a gift and bam i get a whole medkit 200 adam and anti personnel ammo. Where exactly is this last tonic from the gift? Is it at the end when your going to last boss and your following the LS or ? Can any one please help us.

fatces
09-07-2007, 03:06 PM
okay well im sure almost everyone is having trouble with the prolific tonic. I myself only need this one too. I saved every little girl becuase i certainly dont recall pushing X on any. Im not even sure what happens when you harvest them. I get the last girl in promethues i get a gift and bam i get a whole medkit 200 adam and anti personnel ammo. Where exactly is this last tonic from the gift? Is it at the end when your going to last boss and your following the LS or ? Can any one please help us.

exactly the same things i got on that teddy bear, and i'm sure i saved all the little sis, anyone has the last tonic?:confused:

koopi
09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I need the last tonic reward too. :(

Zombieslayer42
09-08-2007, 02:04 PM
I only need human inferno 2 and i get the achievement. I saved all the little sisters and have 15 adam left over. and it says i need to purchase human inferno 2. anyone have ideas on what i should do?

DisposedCheese
09-08-2007, 10:33 PM
well i made a seperate thread for our prolific tonic problem, but a mod closed it. They said that its right across from little wonders and that is the one last gift that gives you the tonic. So maybe it's only on hard becuase i believe i've gotten the tonic on hard from that location, but right now on easy theres nothing in there. I went on to my hard mode or atleast i believe i was on it, but any way i already had the prolific tonic before i got the last gift. i think its from the 6th gift and not the 7th

Yoshi6107
09-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Wait just a second... so to get ALL tonics, I must also save little sisters? Gah, I've been trying forever to get all the tonics on my file that I used to harvest them all >_<

Well, I guess I'll save them all again when I go for the Hard mode achievement...

LordDurham
09-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Just curious, can you still buy all tonics and buy all slots? Or should I play the entire game with only 2 slots per category.

Marx0r
09-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm starting a new game to go for all the tonics, and I'm gonna map them out as I go along on the current Audio Diaries / Weapons upgrade maps. I know there are multiple places to get several tonics, but I'm just gonna mark where I got them for the time being.

DeadKevin666
09-13-2007, 11:28 PM
So where is the Prolific Inventor? I was given the achievement for saving all the little sisters I encountered and just banged on the wall to get the little sister to open the door so I can go to the door and fight Fountaine.

Are you awarded this tonic AFTER the game ends?

Shinobi273
09-13-2007, 11:54 PM
So where is the Prolific Inventor? I was given the achievement for saving all the little sisters I encountered and just banged on the wall to get the little sister to open the door so I can go to the door and fight Fountaine.

Are you awarded this tonic AFTER the game ends?

It is in the 6th gift. You probably missed it since you rescued all the sisters already. Hopefuly you have a save before Point Prometheus, preferably in Apollo Square before you harvested the last sister there.

Brighton X
09-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Plasmids (20)

Cyclone Trap - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machines.
Cyclone Trap 2 - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machines.
Electro Bolt - Collected at the beginning of story.
Electro Bolt 2 - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machienes.
Electro Bolt 3 - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machines.
Enrage! - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machine
Hypnotize Big Daddy - Gotten as a gift after saving 3 Little Sisters.
Hypnotize Big Daddy 2 - Gotten as a gift after saving 9 Little Sisters.
Incinerate! - Found at "Eternal Flame" in the Medical Pavillion.
Incinerate! 2 - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machines.
Incinerate! 3 - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machines.
Insect Swarm - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machine
Insect Swarm 2 - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machines.
Insect Swarm 3 - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machines.
Security Bullseye - After getting your research camera, a nitro splicer will blow up the wall of rubble that you passed coming in. Kill him, then on the left window, you will see the red glowing plasmid on the awning.
Target Dummy - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machine
Telekinesis - Found at "Dandy Dental" in Medical Pavillion.
Winter Blast - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machine
Winter Blast 2 - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machines.
Winter Blast 3 - Bought from Gatherer's Garden vending machines.Just to stop some confusion I put in the places all the other Plasmids are found.

ReD S1X
09-16-2007, 03:02 PM
wow....

thats alot of tonic....

crap, gotta play more.....

big thanks for the info dude.....

Gardidien
09-18-2007, 06:00 AM
Does anyone know which GG I can get the tonic "EVE Link" from? I'm all the way at the end of the game, and I have forgotten that one somewhere between here and the start. The GG I'm at doesn't have it. Also, does anyone know how much Adem it costs? Thx :Bounce:

-edit: never mind, I found em lol. :-D

gw2
09-20-2007, 02:27 AM
is there a specific way i must do this achievement such as saving all the little sisters. or can i just rampage through the whole game.

Shinobi273
09-20-2007, 02:34 AM
is there a specific way i must do this achievement such as saving all the little sisters. or can i just rampage through the whole game.

In order to collect all tonics, you must save all the little sisters. You also need to save Adam for tonic purchases. There is info on the FAQ page on how to get 1000 in one play through.

Galaxy Spear
09-21-2007, 11:15 PM
1. BloodLust - U-Invent machine / Inventable after Arcadia
2. Booze Hound - U-Invent Machine / Inventable after Arcadia
9. Hacker's Delight 2 - U-Invent machine / Inventable after Arcadia

To get the achievement i obviously need to get all these tonics however im short 1 Enzyme which can be found in the bee hive place plus 1 on a splicer corpse at the start of farmers market. Now is there anywhere else i can find one ? Or can one of the above tonics be found anywhere other than u-invent ? Thanks! I really need help!

Edit - Nevermind, i figured out a plan, i should have hacked a U-Invent before making that potion for saving the forest. ive already taken into consideration using the clever inventor tonic aquired later in the game to reduce items for inventing by one. But even with that i would still be one enzyme short. Guess i'll be doing farmers market all over...

zampakuto
09-23-2007, 11:57 AM
for the ones that worry that u already spent ur adam to buy slots, you can save 200 hundred adams if u still got two last slots by saving the game before you buy ur last two slots, after the max all track achievements unlock, load the game and voila freebies

P4VL0V
09-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I need some help with finding the last three tonics, I still need to find:

Eve Link (Not available in Gatherer's Garden??)
Extra Nutrition (Not available in Gatherer's Garden??)
Alarm Expert 2 (can't find it at "Optimized Eugenics")

I hope someone can help me out by telling me where to look exactly. I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

>> I found the missing tonics by myself. Thanks anyway!

Souls Collector
09-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Thank you for taking the time to make this list for us all to enjoy. It will help me keep track of wich ones I still need. Peace out!

Blazicus
09-24-2007, 03:38 PM
8. Prolific Inventor - Awarded for saving Little Sisters / Last Tonic reward

I did not recieve this as the last reward from saving the sisters. I did however get this tonic, i believe that i found it. I cannot (sadly) remember where it was that i found it but i am positive it was not in a gift from the sisters. My last gift from the sisters was 200 Anti-Personnel auto rounds, 4 first aid kits and 200 adam.

Has anyone else been able to acquire this tonic without recieving it from the sister gifts?:confused:

DrumXKorp
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
is it possible to get a map of the locations?

Shinobi273
09-24-2007, 05:07 PM
is it possible to get a map of the locations?

Seeing as how Halo 3 is coming out in less than 24 hours, I'm going to say no. If you post about the specific ones you are missing, we can still clarify thier locations and how to get them for you.

PureFLCL
10-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the posting all the locations it really helped! Finished the game today with your help.. Thanks again, great work!

Cheep
10-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Could someone please give me a better description for this tonic? It is rather vague to me.
5. Focused Hacker 2 - Hestia Fourth Floor, on the desk in the corner of the room near the safe.Thanks.

Nevermind, I was reading that totally wrong and I was thinking Hephaestus instead of Hestia for some....silly reason.

chello
10-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey everybody. I need help on finding the Frozen Field tonic. Where is this victim in the freezer I have to find?

Also, Focused Hacker. I missed it somehow and now I can't seem to locate it. :/

Thanks!

Shinobi273
10-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey everybody. I need help on finding the Frozen Field tonic. Where is this victim in the freezer I have to find?

Also, Focused Hacker. I missed it somehow and now I can't seem to locate it. :/

Thanks!

He is the one that freezes you and talks to you a bit before you thaw. Once you kill him, Sander Cohen makes you take a picture of his body for his masterpiece. Fort Frolic, Frozen Tunnel.

Focused Hacker is stuck in ice in the room that you give up your weapons to Peach Wilkins before fighting him. Use incinerate to melt the ice and free the tonic. Neptunes Bounty, Lower Wharf (outside Fontaine's Fisheries).

chello
10-12-2007, 08:13 PM
He is the one that freezes you and talks to you a bit before you thaw. Once you kill him, Sander Cohen makes you take a picture of his body for his masterpiece. Fort Frolic, Frozen Tunnel.

Focused Hacker is stuck in ice in the room that you give up your weapons to Peach Wilkins before fighting him. Use incinerate to melt the ice and free the tonic. Neptunes Bounty, Lower Wharf (outside Fontaine's Fisheries).

Is there any way I just can't see the tonics listed in any Gene Banks for some reason, even though I have them? Because I did complete Cohen's masterpiece and I'm also pretty sure I got the Focused Hacker out of the ice too, but I'll go and check that one out right now.

Shinobi273
10-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Is there any way I just can't see the tonics listed in any Gene Banks for some reason, even though I have them? Because I did complete Cohen's masterpiece and I'm also pretty sure I got the Focused Hacker out of the ice too, but I'll go and check that one out right now.

It might be hard to see if you have it equiped, or are looking in the wrong tonic track. Frozen Field is a combat tonic and Focused Hacker is an engineering tonic. In order to tell if you have it equiped, just switch out all of your tonics with tonics you know are not the one you are looking for. It should then be in the list if you got it. If it is not listed, you don't have it. Watch out with the Frozen Field tonic as the body of the victim might disappear with time.

Noisy Neighbour
10-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Heya, Thanks for listing all the locations. Ive listed them into groups to make going through the game a little easier, might need changing a bit though...

U-invent

Gatherers garden

Armored Shell - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting with the Medical Pavilion area.
Human Inferno - Arcadia Gatherer's Garden machine
Hacking Expert 2 - Available in Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting in the Fort Frolic area.
Wrench Lurker 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting at Olympus Heights
Speedy Hacker 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machines, starting in the Olympus Heights area..
Human Inferno 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine starting in the Point Prometheus area.

Research

Little Sisters

Medical Pavilion

Neptunes Bounty

Focused Hacker - Neptune's Bounty / In the area right before fighting Peach Wilkins

Arcadia

Farmers Market

Fort Frolic

Hephaestus

Olympus Heights

Apollo Square

Medical Expert 3 - Near the toilets in Dr. Suchong's Clinic on the second floor of Artemis Suites.
Focused Hacker 2 - Hestia Fourth Floor, on the desk in the corner of the room near the safe.

Point Prometheus

Safecracker 2 - In the Autopsy room in the downstairs of the Little Wonders Educational Facility.
Damage Research 2 - In the Mendel Family Library, on a desk in the rear of the room.

Proving Grounds

BlackcatS
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I Can't find:
-Extra Nutrition3
-Alarm Expert2
-Wrench Lurker2
somebody help me please

Shinobi273
10-18-2007, 05:14 PM
I Can't find:
-Extra Nutrition3
-Alarm Expert2
-Wrench Lurker2
somebody help me please

Extra Nutrition 3 is not found you have to research Spider Splicers.

Alarm Expert 2 is in Point Prometheus in Optimized Eugenics, on top of a filing cabinet in the back corner.

Wrench Lurker 2 can be bought for 50 Adam at any Gatherer's Garden Machine starting from Olympus Heights.

H20 chaotic xc
10-18-2007, 05:17 PM
thanks alot this was big help

BlackcatS
10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Extra Nutrition 3 is not found you have to research Spider Splicers.

Alarm Expert 2 is in Point Prometheus in Optimized Eugenics, on top of a filing cabinet in the back corner.

Wrench Lurker 2 can be bought for 50 Adam at any Gatherer's Garden Machine starting from Olympus Heights.
thanks alot man.
I get that 3 Tonic and also Tonic Collector

Spybreak4u
10-24-2007, 04:48 AM
I'm just missing Extra Nutrition from the Gatherer's Garden ... i tried going back to Medical Pavilion Gatherers Garden maybe it offers it there but no luck. Anyone know where I can get it specifically? or am i SOL?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Shinobi273
10-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm just missing Extra Nutrition from the Gatherer's Garden ... i tried going back to Medical Pavilion Gatherers Garden maybe it offers it there but no luck. Anyone know where I can get it specifically? or am i SOL?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Have you tried looking in Neptune's Bounty? It isn't actually available before then.

Simmo Mac
11-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Hello there,

I have completed the game and saved before fighting Fontaine. I am confused as to how you go back though - the bathysphere still wont let me choose a destination, do you literally have to walk all the back in reverse?

I am highly cheesed off as I missed one of the 2 audio diaries at the start that you cannot go back for, so that achievement is gone without replaying game. My main question though is how I can obtain the Extra Nutrition and Human Inferno 2 tonics, the only remaining tonics I need....?

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Shinobi273
11-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Hello there,

I have completed the game and saved before fighting Fontaine. I am confused as to how you go back though - the bathysphere still wont let me choose a destination, do you literally have to walk all the back in reverse?

I am highly cheesed off as I missed one of the 2 audio diaries at the start that you cannot go back for, so that achievement is gone without replaying game. My main question though is how I can obtain the Extra Nutrition and Human Inferno 2 tonics, the only remaining tonics I need....?

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

In order to go back, just use the bathysphere just like you used it to advance the story. Activate the control lever, select a destination, and off you go. You should be able to interact with the control lever in the Bathysphere.

Extra Nutrition is purchased starting from Neptune's Bounty. Just go to any Gatherer's Garden starting from there.

Human Inferno is also purchased, starting from Point Prometheus.

alex4283
11-04-2007, 11:40 AM
This is the last achievement I need and followed the locations to a T. The problem I'm having is that the armored shell 2 was never given to me for saving the little sisters.

I'm right before proving grounds and I've saved 21 little sisters.

2- medical
3- neptune
2- arcadia
1- farmer's market
3- F Frolic
3- hephasteus
2- olympus heights
2- Apollo square
3- P. Prometheus
Only two tonics that I need are the ones that are gifts from saving all the little sisters.

All of the gifts were just a bunch of first aid kits, 200 adam, and anti personnel rounds.

I have over 1300 adam in the vial bank. Does the escorted sister count as a saved one? I'm losing my mind here.

Simmo Mac
11-04-2007, 06:31 PM
In order to go back, just use the bathysphere just like you used it to advance the story. Activate the control lever, select a destination, and off you go. You should be able to interact with the control lever in the Bathysphere.

Extra Nutrition is purchased starting from Neptune's Bounty. Just go to any Gatherer's Garden starting from there.

Human Inferno is also purchased, starting from Point Prometheus.

Thats what I thought, but when I goto the bathysphere all the locations are unselectable except the previous location...

TeaRunner
11-04-2007, 10:14 PM
I want to get te Tonic Collector achievement and and Historian achievement(i missed some in Neptunes Bounty) , and im just about to go in to Proving Grounds... I noticed you can walk back through levels instead of going through to Proving Grounds...However, I cant go farther back then to that level called olympus heights(or something like that(that level u come out from after being saved by Tenembaum))
Anyone know if its possible to go further backwards in the game, and how???

orp08
11-05-2007, 02:19 AM
I want to get te Tonic Collector achievement and and Historian achievement(i missed some in Neptunes Bounty) , and im just about to go in to Proving Grounds... I noticed you can walk back through levels instead of going through to Proving Grounds...However, I cant go farther back then to that level called olympus heights(or something like that(that level u come out from after being saved by Tenembaum))
Anyone know if its possible to go further backwards in the game, and how???
You can go back to any map, except the first one (welcome to rapture), i think this is in FAQS, i think the issue is that not every map has a bathysphere, so you have to go to back to a place this way, to take a return to another (walking throught the doors), as well sometimes you necessarily have to take the bathysphere to go to some places (you cant return to them just walking)... Is being so long since a finished it, but i am pretty sure you can go back anywhere at any time (except the first level and a part of another one), cause i missed some audio diaries and tonics and got no problem returning to every area, Medical Pavillion being the first you can return; if you missed some of the 2 diarys in Welcome to Rapture you cant go back for them. I know it wasnt that clear, but enter FAQS its probably better explained.

As for Alex4283, i think you might have to look at you tonics again, cause theres no way you havent got it if you saved them, the tonic list is perfect, i tried it and got the achievement, i doubt you have a glitch but who knows. Also you must had recieved Safecracker & Prolific Inventor if you saved them, so you didnt just recieved ADAM, aids & ammo. Again guys i reccomend you to check the list again, and check if you did things correctly, cause i got the 1000 by checking this info.

Shinobi273
11-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Thats what I thought, but when I goto the bathysphere all the locations are unselectable except the previous location...

Sorry for the really slow response, you may need to go back to taht single location and locate another bathysphere that will take you to the additional areas. I didn't wait that long to go back so I can't say for sure. Check the maps, and try to remember how you came from each area and backtrack.

alex4283
11-06-2007, 09:26 AM
As for Alex4283, i think you might have to look at you tonics again, cause theres no way you havent got it if you saved them, the tonic list is perfect, i tried it and got the achievement, i doubt you have a glitch but who knows. Also you must had recieved Safecracker & Prolific Inventor if you saved them, so you didnt just recieved ADAM, aids & ammo. Again guys i reccomend you to check the list again, and check if you did things correctly, cause i got the 1000 by checking this info.

I checked them off per the guide posted here with the list in my gene bank and it says no armored shell 2 and no prolific inventor.

I think I'm just going to go back through and buy everything at every Gatherer's garden and see what happens. I have something like 1280 adam to spend and used the wrench the entire way through.

orp08
11-09-2007, 12:52 AM
I checked them off per the guide posted here with the list in my gene bank and it says no armored shell 2 and no prolific inventor.

I think I'm just going to go back through and buy everything at every Gatherer's garden and see what happens. I have something like 1280 adam to spend and used the wrench the entire way through.
Well yeah thats probably your best option, see if you missed a tonic you can buy... I wish i could help you or something but i really cant see how... By the way,it doesnt mather if a little sister dies while you escort her (i didnt answer that), you still get the "Little Sister Savior" and the tonics.

Zmoke
11-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Can I find all the tonics, plasmids and sound records just by playing without your hints in the first BS account/save when playing on easy? Has anyone succeed to play so?

Shinobi273
11-12-2007, 05:47 PM
It is obviously possible as someone already did it so that a location guide could be written, some audio diaries are in areas you can only pass through once. There are also Adam spending/Little Sister issues that you may want to be aware of in order to get all the achievements in one play through. I tried to be a vague as possbile to aviod any spoilers, sorry if it was TMI or not helpful at all.

Evarist0 X
11-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Achievement Unlocked:
Tonic Collector

thx for the guide thx a lot =D

Pewee0000
11-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Just got the game best game ever and w/ all the guides makes it so easy rad through the game once on hard got all the achievements. Great guide bro:Bounce:

swirlymanx
11-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I only need three left Im going to try to find them with this guide. Thanks for making it.

SuperPhillip
11-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I got Eve Link 2, but I don't have Eve Link 1. Am I screwed?

EDIT: Nope, I just had to go back to the Medical Pavilion.

swirlymanx
11-30-2007, 04:13 AM
Nice guide I followed it and got my achievement thanks for making it.

MetaGame
12-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Now that the DLC is out, the guide should probably be updated so it has the locations and effects of the DLC tonics/plasmids.

Shinobi273
12-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Now that the DLC is out, the guide should probably be updated so it has the locations and effects of the DLC tonics/plasmids.

From what people are saying, they are available from the first gatherer's garden machine and cost 1 adam. Not really that hard to find or expensive to try out.

Ingles
12-11-2007, 04:10 AM
If you purchase the slot upgrades for the tonics/plasmids, are you still going to have enough ADAM to purchase all the needed tonics for the achievement?

fuzzy510
12-11-2007, 05:27 AM
If you purchase the slot upgrades for the tonics/plasmids, are you still going to have enough ADAM to purchase all the needed tonics for the achievement?
Assuming you're saving Little Sisters and not harvesting them, I'm positive that you will, assuming you're not anal about buying every plasmid that comes along as well. If you're harvesting, I can't say for certain simply because I haven't seen it done that way.
________
Spice Weed (http://syntheticweed.org)

Ingles
12-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Assuming you're saving Little Sisters and not harvesting them, I'm positive that you will, assuming you're not anal about buying every plasmid that comes along as well. If you're harvesting, I can't say for certain simply because I haven't seen it done that way.

Yea... I've only been buying the tonics that are available and I did buy one plasmid slot to make things a little easier so that I didn't need to be around a gene swap whenever I was in the heat of battle. I've been getting the health upgrades and every now and then and eve upgrade because I'm going through trying to get the Brass Balls achievement as well while I am doing this.

Ho5tiLe D
12-11-2007, 07:37 AM
ive already completed the game on hard, i havent get brass balls or decided if im going to get it but anyways......

ive got to go thru on easy and i need to get historian, tonic collector, and little sister saviour......as i wont be harvesting little sisters, will i have enough adam to get my tonics and not have to worry about dying so much if i dont purchase upgrade slots? or since its on easy do you think i should have much trouble? what should i do? little sister saviour on one playthru, then play again and get historian and tonic collector......i will be playing both on easy.

Shinobi273
12-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Hard isnt that hard, I got all the achievements in one play, not including brass balls of course. I think it is actually harder if you don't go for everything in one play as you will not look everywhere and harvesting little sisters actually does make the game harder (slightly more Adam in exchange for fewer awesome plasmids and tonics).

Ingles
12-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Ok, so I'm in Fort Frolic and I have the ability to invent the Bloodlust and Booze Hound but I don't have any of the dropper things. I think they are the honey dropper you had to get for the vector. Is there a way to collect any more/buy them or do I have to go back to Farmer's Market to collect some more? Just wondering because I'm going for this achievement as well as a few others.

Shinobi273
12-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Ok, so I'm in Fort Frolic and I have the ability to invent the Bloodlust and Booze Hound but I don't have any of the dropper things. I think they are the honey dropper you had to get for the vector. Is there a way to collect any more/buy them or do I have to go back to Farmer's Market to collect some more? Just wondering because I'm going for this achievement as well as a few others.

They come up as random loot later on. Don't worry about these, by the time I got to the last level, I had more than I could carry.

Ingles
12-13-2007, 02:34 AM
They come up as random loot later on. Don't worry about these, by the time I got to the last level, I had more than I could carry.

Thanks. I didn't realize it at the time, but I am finding more of them as loot now. I wasn't for sure if I would need to go back to Farmer's Market or not...

Tubbernaut
12-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Ok, bit of a bump question here.

With the new Bioshock tonic pack that came up online last week - do they count towards the tonic collector achievement?

Shinobi273
12-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Ok, bit of a bump question here.

With the new Bioshock tonic pack that came up online last week - do they count towards the tonic collector achievement?

They shouldn't because that achievement relates to the old tonics. If anything, it would make the achievement easier since you would have to collect fewer tonics to unlock the achievement.

Ingles
12-19-2007, 07:49 PM
They shouldn't because that achievement relates to the old tonics. If anything, it would make the achievement easier since you would have to collect fewer tonics to unlock the achievement.

Let me go ahead and make a correction to what was said before it causes more confusion. Yes, the new DLC tonics do count towards your Tonic Collector achievement. I went through on Hard Difficulty to earn my Brass Balls achievement and bought up the new tonics and can confirm that YES it does count towards earning your Tonic Collector achievement.

superink
12-24-2007, 10:08 PM
This is my 1st Bioshock play, right now I am at the end of Fort Forlic, I've already saved 3 little sisters in this level, and I heard the woman's voice about sending me a reward, when I reached the Gatherer's Garden on the 2nd floor where Cohen's masterpiece is on the 1st floor, I picked up the present with a teddy bear, and I make sure I saw the icon of Armored Shell 2, but I remember I got 9 first-aid that time, so I didn't get them all. (I mean I left 4 first-aid kit in the box) and then surprisingly the teddy bear and the box just disappeared...... I think i picked Armored Shell 2 up but when I went to the nearby Gene Bank I can't find Armored Shell 2 in my combat tonic menu....... even I go back to the Gatherer's Garden I can't find it......how come is it not displayed there? I did this just before I made a save for both letting Cohen alive and getting the Irony achievement...... it's so frustrating.......:(:(

fortunately I got a save at just the begining of this level, but I don't really wanna play it again....... it takes forever.......:(:mad:

phsyco_SLUSHO
12-28-2007, 04:46 PM
GRRRRRRRRRR:mad: Never rely on magazines to tell you this stuff...they told me there was a "Melee Master" tonic which would let you equip other melee weapons.....or is there?

BTHR Zero X
01-01-2008, 05:04 AM
not sure if anyone has mentioned this but with the plasmids you can skip a grade 2 and just grab the grade 3 and it will count to the achievement

Ingles
01-01-2008, 05:53 AM
GRRRRRRRRRR:mad: Never rely on magazines to tell you this stuff...they told me there was a "Melee Master" tonic which would let you equip other melee weapons.....or is there?

To my knowledge and I've played this game numerous times though, there is NO Melee Master tonic. Again I'm saying... "to my knowledge" so if you find something concrete elsewhere that states that there is one then I'd be shocked to find out but I'm pretty sure that there isn't one.

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but with the plasmids you can skip a grade 2 and just grab the grade 3 and it will count to the achievement

I think you are talking about Tonics here rather than Plasmids.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/271/0Dc8P2Nm.jpg
Tonic Collector50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Collect or Invent 53 Tonics in the Physical, Engineering and Combat tracks.

Plasmids do not count towards this achievement at all as they are not part of the Physical, Engineering or Combat tracks. Plasmids do not count for any achievement in this game but they are fun to have and use! ;)

MaddogMonty
01-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Yes, the new DLC tonics do count towards your Tonic Collector achievement.

So does this mean if the Prolific Inventor tonic is not appearing I still have a chance of getting the achievement?

If so, where would I locate the new tonics?

Shinobi273
01-05-2008, 12:40 AM
So does this mean if the Prolific Inventor tonic is not appearing I still have a chance of getting the achievement?

If so, where would I locate the new tonics?

Yes. They can be found at any Gatherer's Garden for 1 Adam each.

MaddogMonty
01-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Yes. They can be found at any Gatherer's Garden for 1 Adam each.

Thank you very much.

Edit: I just downloaded the DLC for the first time. Should it be incorporated into my existing save?

Ryot Control
01-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah I'm having that issue too. Do I just start a new game?

Lord Chabelo
01-13-2008, 06:43 PM
This list is perfect, I breezed through this game, even with the DCL, with this list and the maps/lists from the other thread

antnie
01-13-2008, 06:45 PM
I have bioshock but i only played it once. I have to many games that i have to beat right now. I will start to play it in a couple of days then this wilkl come in handy. Thanks

Quiet Killda 102
01-17-2008, 03:47 AM

Which body is it talking about? It does mean set the body on fire, right?

Shinobi273
01-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Which body is it talking about? It does mean set the body on fire, right?

There is a switch that you can activate that will cause the body to be pulled into the furnace, cremated, then ejected to reveal hacker's delight.

gogreen KFM
01-27-2008, 04:18 AM
i missed one of the little sisters am i not going to be able to get all of the tonics? please somebody help

Quiet Killda 102
01-27-2008, 06:21 PM
There is a switch that you can activate that will cause the body to be pulled into the furnace, cremated, then ejected to reveal hacker's delight.
But what body? The one Steinback was working on? And where is the swich?

orp08
01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
But what body? The one Steinback was working on? And where is the swich?
Nope its in another room... but i honestly cant remember which one, it has a security camera (yeah, i know big help :p). Its like an oven with a body on top, just look arounnd the level, it wouldnt take much time.
i missed one of the little sisters am i not going to be able to get all of the tonics? please somebody help
No, you can still get all tonics, i saw a post that say you didnt need to save them all you could miss 3, but dont risk your sefl, go back to that level and save her (wait for a big daddy to knock the vent so she comes out).

Quiet Killda 102
01-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Nevermind i found witch body.

Quiet Killda 102
01-28-2008, 02:48 AM
ok, i have 1 more question. Its kind of stupid but you never know....
Do you have to buy the downloadable tonics as well to get the achievement?

orp08
01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
ok, i have 1 more question. Its kind of stupid but you never know....
Do you have to buy the downloadable tonics as well to get the achievement?
I dont think thats needed since thats one of the old achievements the tonics are free btw, look i find a post about a guy with a similar question.
Allright, I'm gonna try that stuff out tomorrow (got to complete kane&lynch first tonight) I hope you're right, if not I'll post it
EDIT: You don't need the new tonics to unlock Tonic Collector (I just collected them all except the new ones and got the achievement)
So i think its sure to say you dont need to download them, just collect the old ones.

Quiet Killda 102
02-23-2008, 03:47 AM
When do you get the Incinerate 3 and Insect Swarm 3?

battle cry714
02-23-2008, 06:35 PM
earlier today i got the ach for tonics, even though i had only collected about half. i think it adds up between playthroughs.

gatorbait
03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Didn't want to waste time looking through every post here but just want to ask a simple question. Right before the finale, can you go back to the previous levels and just pick up the tonics just sitting around? And is this a pretty easy achievement to pick up without really trying or is it one you need to rely on the guide heavily for?

Shinobi273
03-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Didn't want to waste time looking through every post here but just want to ask a simple question. Right before the finale, can you go back to the previous levels and just pick up the tonics just sitting around? And is this a pretty easy achievement to pick up without really trying or is it one you need to rely on the guide heavily for?

It might be difficult to get all the tonics if you are not very good at looking around and searching. If you are constantly leaving areas without searching all the rooms etc. I think you should at least keep the list around and check them off as you get them so you know you haven't missed any.

gatorbait
03-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Just was wondering because I didn't want to worry about searching for these with a guide but then realized I could go back to previous levels. I think when I get towards the end I'll go to a gene bank and see which ones I don't have on the list and see where to get some more. I am pretty good for the most part at searching corpses and desks and whatnot. I like to round up all the crap I can get before I move on but I'm sure some of those tonics are in some hard to find places.

Shinobi273
03-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Just was wondering because I didn't want to worry about searching for these with a guide but then realized I could go back to previous levels. I think when I get towards the end I'll go to a gene bank and see which ones I don't have on the list and see where to get some more. I am pretty good for the most part at searching corpses and desks and whatnot. I like to round up all the crap I can get before I move on but I'm sure some of those tonics are in some hard to find places.

Most of them are in conspicuous places, as long as you search the room... Look in every room at every wall and shelf. They are glowing, quite hard not to spot unless you don't actually look at them.

The Midnight Q
03-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the help

gatorbait
03-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Tonic collector wasn't too bad without this guide. As long as you search around after killing splicers then you'll probably be able to get these mostly on your own assuming you research everything as well.

codename26
04-03-2008, 06:01 PM
hey all,

Just a quick question. I have all the tonics for the acheivement, and now the only acheivements left are brass balls and complete on hard.

What would be the best tonics / plasmids to purchase, collect. I am so far at arcadia. I think I have got wrench jockey, eve link, speedy hacker, armoured shell. and plasmids are elctro bolt, incinerate and telekenesis. I spent the rest of the adam on eve upgrade and health upgrade.

Are there any others I should probably consider going for? I will go for wrench jockey 2 when I get to fort frolic.

Cheers People

Shinobi273
04-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I just used my guns most of the time. I was saving all the LS and using the reward tonics. Seriously, the broken money system in this game with the infinate enemy respawn make this game easy. Keep your standard buck shotgun out and switch weapons between the standard or anti-personel pistol (use standard bolt crossbow instead of pistol when you get one) or anti-personel machinegun.

Keep getting the eve and health upgrades, don't forget to research.

Namaste
04-09-2008, 04:20 AM

I got all the Tonics and I harvested all the Little Sisters.

Frijolie
04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks again, this helped me with my Tonic Collector achievement. Great guide

orp08
04-22-2008, 10:02 PM
I got all the Tonics and I harvested all the Little Sisters.
I know this post was long time ago, but no you didnt, the reason you got the achievement its because of the dlc.

Ham Woopan
04-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Save the game right before you go to the last boss. Then go searching for Tonics. It's the best time because of that *thing* you collected which makes no enemies attack you. Not even sercurity cameras can detect you.

rTardsrUs
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
alright, i basically. researched a big daddies "rosie" and got the tonic however i didnt have the 1st one, so for the reward i got the first one instead of the second one. will the second one be in the first ones place?
if ya get me...

a mute hobo

rTardsrUs
04-26-2008, 04:18 PM

wht level is this in?
where?

i found my previous query, so dont worry bout it.

orp08
04-26-2008, 05:09 PM

wht level is this in?
where?

i found my previous query, so dont worry bout it.
I think its Point Prometheus... Its were you
***Spoiler***
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
You become a big daddy
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
End of spoiler*** (sorry i cant use the damn spoiler tags).

Skeeble
04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Absolutely perfect guide! Breezed through the game and got every single tonic.

Thanks a lot :)

TheGoldenReaper
05-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Where is Wrench Lurker? All it says is that it's next to a plasmid machine in Neptune's Bounty. Any hints on where this tonic is?

N1cK
05-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I went through the whole game to get all of the tonics and all i need are the eve link and the extra nutrition but they are not in any of the gathering garden vending machines and i am on the last level, does anyone know why they arent there?

king tiger
05-27-2008, 11:47 AM
;)very good guide i have now 1100 4 Bioshock

Robbie B
06-02-2008, 10:42 AM
This may be a silly question, but to get Tonic Collector, do you have to get the tonics you get from research? If so, I think I'll skip that achievement cos I really can't be bothered taking hundreds of photos again.

Easily the worst aspect of the game.

Sharkles
06-02-2008, 05:25 PM
How do you get into the booth in the theater that has the tonic in it?
Forget this post, I got it.

Ribbin
06-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Are there some tonics that you can only get through buying? I'm at the end of the game now and out of Adam, so I was wondering if I'm still able to get them all, oh and I did rescue all the Little Sisters.

BigFellaJake
06-08-2008, 01:40 PM
i managed to get this achivement and still have tonics left to get. you can also invent tonics aswell

SHiZNiT NL
06-12-2008, 09:57 AM
is it possible to get the tonics when you missed one? can you jump to previous levels.

CapitanAfrika
06-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Yes it is possible to go back to earlier stages. You just have to go to the submarine things (i forget the name already) normally where you start a level. BUT you can not go back if you take the elevator up to the final boss...so be warned... make sure you have a save spot before going up

SHiZNiT NL
06-12-2008, 11:22 AM
tnx for you answer, so to be preciese, you can go back to any location to get the forgotten items, till you go up the elevator.

orp08
06-12-2008, 03:15 PM
tnx for you answer, so to be preciese, you can go back to any location to get the forgotten items, till you go up the elevator.
Except welcome to rapture, but this is only important if you are looking for the diaries... there are no tonics in there so it doesnt matter in your case.

TeaRunner
06-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Hey I can't find Wrench Lurker anywhere near the plasmid machine in neptunes bounty. Is it posible to buy it at an Gatherer's Garden llater in the game? Or found later in the game? Or invent? plz help!

TeaRunner
06-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey I can't find Wrench Lurker anywhere near the plasmid machine in neptunes bounty. Is it posible to buy it at an Gatherer's Garden llater in the game? Or found later in the game? Or invent? plz help!

Ok I did some research and found out that you can buy Wrench Lurker at a Gatherer's Garden in Arcadia. For those of you who are looking for some specific info on where to find a tonic or plasmid you can go to >this site (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Gatherer's_Garden_prices)<.

edit: I now found out that you will see the tonic when heading back from AFTER getting the research camera. It will be by the plasmid machine in clear view as the guide says.

xEvilMinionx123
06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
That Helped thx

Kif
06-16-2008, 07:47 PM
OK this is really weird. I went to find Hacker's Delight 3 in the room with the BD heads, and it wasn't there. Now I remember getting a tonic in there, but I don't have it. I have Hacker's Delight 1 and 2, but not 3.

This is a really messed up part of the game. I can't buy older versions of tonics at the garden either.

EDIT: Disregard that, apparently different gardens have different tonics. Got them all now. Oh and I had HD3 equipped. How retarded of me :rolleyes:

ArcWorrior237
06-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Do All The Tonics Have To Be Collected In One Saved File.

TeaRunner
06-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Do All The Tonics Have To Be Collected In One Saved File.

Yes...all in one save.

Inexxa
07-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Was so glad when Tonic collector popped up at like 1am last night :P luckily on my second play through I collected everything as I enjoy looking everywhere.

Hypnotise big daddy 2 is win ... except my big daddy kept killing me at the masterpiece part where cohen sends all the splicers after the 3rd picture lol :)

DocRevolt
07-19-2008, 03:47 AM
I like the sound of the Hypnotize Big Daddy plasmid...
Only thing is that you can't use it on a Big Daddy who has a Little Sister you want to deal with, because if you try it the Little Sister will flee to a hiding hole. It's still a strategically smart move when you run into wandering Big Daddies though.

icypinksmurf
07-21-2008, 12:15 PM
heya, thanks for listing all the locations. Ive listed them into groups to make going through the game a little easier, might need changing a bit though...

u-invent

bloodlust - u-invent machine / inventable after arcadia
booze hound - u-invent machine / inventable after arcadia
hacker's delight 2 - u-invent machine / inventable after arcadia

gatherers garden

extra nutrition - sold at gatherer's garden machines.
eve link - sold at gatherer's garden machines
armored shell - available at gatherer's garden vending machine, starting with the medical pavilion area.
human inferno - arcadia gatherer's garden machine
hacking expert 2 - available in gatherer's garden vending machine, starting in the fort frolic area.
wrench lurker 2 - available at gatherer's garden vending machine, starting at olympus heights
speedy hacker 2 - available at gatherer's garden vending machines, starting in the olympus heights area..
human inferno 2 - available at gatherer's garden vending machine starting in the point prometheus area.

research

wrench jockey 2 - research bouncer big daddy
static discharge 2 - research leadhead splicers
photographer's eye 2 - research the rosie big daddy.
sportboost - research thuggish splicers
sportboost 2 - research thuggish splicers
natural camoflouge - research the houdini splicers
scrounger - research leadhead splicers
extra nutrition 3 - research spider splicers
security expert 2 - research the flying security bot

little sisters

safecracker - awarded for saving little sisters / first tonic reward
armored shell 2 - awarded for saving little sisters / second tonic reward
prolific inventor - awarded for saving little sisters / last tonic reward

medical pavilion

hacker's delight - cremate the body in the medical pavillion.
security expert - medical pavilion / on a small chest in the morgue.
speedy hacker - medical pavilion / on the desk in the dentist's lab.
static discarge - medicial pavilion / in the hallway after fighting steinman.
wrench jockey - medical pavilion / seen from a window. In a back room, reached by airshaft.

neptunes bounty

medical expert - neptune's bounty / in the center of the muddy section of the lower wharf.
focused hacker - neptune's bounty / in the area right before fighting peach wilkins
shorten alarms - neptune's bounty / near "saw masha today" recording or buy it at a gatherer's garden machine in arcadia.
wrench lurker - neptune's bounty / sitting on the ledge near the plasmid machine.

arcadia

security evasion - arcadia / in the center of a group of splicers, near an invent machine.
hacking expert - arcadia / sitting on the first desk in langford labs
farmers market

eve link 2 - farmer's market / on the ground near u-invent & vending machines.
photographer's eye - in the bunk room of the wine cellar in farmer's market.

fort frolic

electric flesh - fort frolic / the projector room in the theater / on bookshelf
alarm expert - fort frolic / theater / top left balcony sitting on the ledge
frozen field - fort frolic / awarded for killing the cohen victim in the freezer
extra nutrition 2 - storage basement of the mall area in fort frolic. Covered by metal grate if cohen dies. Also purchasable.
medical expert 2 - fort frolic / awarded by an alive cohen or bought in hephestus

hephaestus

security evasion 2 - hephaestus / heat monitoring / across from electricuted ghost scene, sitting on desk
damage research - hephaestus / across from the emp bomb on a table
shorten alarms 2 - hephaestus / on the floor right before setting off the emp.
frozen field 2 - hephaestus - room off entrance to ryan's office - on desk
olympus heights

electric flesh 2 - olympic heights / fontaine's apartment / in the office on the desk
clever inventor - suchong's apartment / beside the tape recorder

apollo square

medical expert 3 - near the toilets in dr. Suchong's clinic on the second floor of artemis suites.
focused hacker 2 - hestia fourth floor, on the desk in the corner of the room near the safe.

point prometheus

safecracker 2 - in the autopsy room in the downstairs of the little wonders educational facility.
alarm expert 2 - point prometheus / optimized eugenics / on filing cabinet
damage research 2 - in the mendel family library, on a desk in the rear of the room.

proving grounds

hacker's delight 3 - proving grounds / same room as the big daddy helmet.

holy crap! I could have used this earlierrrrrr!!! You should definitely add this to the first post or something.

icypinksmurf
07-22-2008, 02:14 AM
Okay, I'm a bit confused...
Where exactly is this?

4. Damage Research 2 - In the Mendel Family Library, on a desk in the rear of the room.

Is it in Olympus Heights?

>>>>>>>How stupid of me, sorry!

Hi Im Steve
07-22-2008, 06:14 AM
Okay, I'm a bit confused...
Where exactly is this?

Is it in Olympus Heights?

>>>>>>>How stupid of me, sorry!

It's in Point Prometheus, the last level before you face the final boss.

Check the library like it says, you'll be fine.

potautoman
07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
thanks it's a great guide

sniperX47
07-31-2008, 03:45 AM
Thank you! this should help me out a bit, I just started to be an achievement whore.

TheChupacabra10
08-14-2008, 12:23 PM
I wish I had of seen this guide before following the one on IGN, couldnt understand why I didnt have everything until i looked here lol

xVx PUNISHER
08-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Thank you its easy to follow.

but i need clarification on something.

I have to invent and research some and i need to save all the little sisters.

anything else i should know about like wether i should kill sander cohen or not.

this and historian (collect all audio diaries) are my only achievements left.

i got my balls brassed today lol

TheIcemanCometh
08-20-2008, 02:12 AM
What about the three tonics that come with the DLC? From what I understand, you can purchase these for 1 ADAM each.

Do these count towards the achievement, and does anyone know where I can get them - any Gatherer's Garden?

tokiwartoothxdk
08-21-2008, 10:04 PM
nice to bad there isnt a map or somthing that could actually show us the locations of them 8/10

Jedi ObiJoe
08-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Wow, great list and great work everyone. Again, a list I wish I had printed earlier. At least I can check them off as I go now.

Tx J O K E R xT
09-08-2008, 02:56 AM
woooooo i missed static discharge tonic LOL can i go back & grab it later ?? cuz the freakin' door is close

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Heya, Thanks for listing all the locations. Ive listed them into groups to make going through the game a little easier, might need changing a bit though...

U-invent

Gatherers garden

Human Inferno - Arcadia Gatherer's Garden machine
Wrench Lurker 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machine, starting at Olympus Heights
Speedy Hacker 2 - Available at Gatherer's Garden vending machines, starting in the Olympus Heights area..

Research

Little Sisters

Medical Pavilion

Neptunes Bounty

Focused Hacker - Neptune's Bounty / In the area right before fighting Peach Wilkins

Arcadia

Farmers Market

Fort Frolic

Hephaestus

Olympus Heights

Apollo Square

Point Prometheus

Proving Grounds

Legend! Just what I was looking for, was thinking I would have to do it myself :p

Cheers to all that helped put this together, on my final play through for achievements now :locked Wont be the last playthrough though!

decay2
09-28-2008, 05:07 AM
I read the guide on GameFAQs, but I was just unclear on one thing.

If I get *tonic name* 3 but not *tonic name* 2, do I get credit for collecting both? I'm trying to save Eve and stuff.

Thanks

EnterTheFray
09-28-2008, 07:12 AM
pretty sure have to get both.. havnt played it in a while

jarhchief
10-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Brilliant Guide

MaxIglesias
10-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm only missing one tonic, the "Wrench Lurker 2", and i know were i can buy it, but i only got 10 adam, so i was wandering if it's possible to buy it for less than 50 i think it cost or if it's possible to collect a few more adam? I'm finishing the game now, saved all little sisters and stuff, but running low of adam to buy it. Can i have it or should i play trough again?

darr3772
12-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm only missing one tonic, the "Wrench Lurker 2", and i know were i can buy it, but i only got 10 adam, so i was wandering if it's possible to buy it for less than 50 i think it cost or if it's possible to collect a few more adam? I'm finishing the game now, saved all little sisters and stuff, but running low of adam to buy it. Can i have it or should i play trough again?

I have the same problem. Only have 20 adam left and got some tonics to buy still.

I'm at the point where I have to escort the little sister when I have became a big daddy.

I don't want to collect the ones I'm missing if I can't collect them all on this run.

Thanks!

Augustus84
01-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Having MAJOR issue with Sportboost 2. I have fully researched the Thuggish Splicers, yet only received Sportboost 1. Anyone else have this issue? What all can be done? Also, I have yet to harvest ANY Little Sisters, just started Arcadia...and wasn't sure when the First Tonic reward was, because I haven't received it yet.

Augustus84
01-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Nevermind. For some reason, despite the message of "subject already researched" I was able to take pics of the splicers. Got it...

DrizztDourden43
01-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Thanks! I am missing one from earlier in the game and couldn't figure out which one it was or where I had missed it. This definitely helps for my next playthrough!

IR IH II IN O x
01-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the guide. I was missing five. Just found them and got the achievement. Thanks.:woop:

VorpalCyberWolf
01-18-2009, 04:28 AM
For some reason, I am still having trouble finding Frozen Field 2, any tips? I have been going all over Ryan's office and the area around but still can't seem to find it.

*Nevermind for some reason it glitched then said I had it.

Thanks, the guide helped me grab the last few.

msparrow117
01-22-2009, 01:06 AM
this was helpful, thanks:Bounce: