PDA

View Full Version : I need help with the "The Secrets of the Fae Pools" Task.

DragonusDarque
02-24-2012, 07:24 AM
I think this may have glitched. The details simply say "Experiment with the urns", but his journal talks about how the right combination will summon a boggart.
I did this (can't remember offhand how, as I was just swapping them back and forth, which got me zapped a few times, but no big), and conjured the boggart, who is not hostile and just runs around, and will follow you.
However, the Task is still open and still tells me to experiment. I did all of the combinations a second time, just in case, and nothing happened (since I already have the conjured boggart).
Is there something else I am supposed to do, or is this glitched? Or, is there another reason the task is still open?

Edit: I just discovered a Green stone in my inventory. The stones I was using were red, blue, and purple. I returned and did it all again, this time swapping between the four stones. Managed to find a combination that gave me the Death's Touch perk, but nothing else happened.

KeveRR
02-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Same here, i also summoned the boggart and it keeps saying experiment with the urns. I've tried every possible combination but nothing changes :S

SpinelesS
02-24-2012, 08:35 AM
The bogart will fight with you, but I don't think you can complete this task.

DragonusDarque
02-24-2012, 08:37 AM
The bogart will fight with you, but I don't think you can complete this task.

Actually, the boggart won't fight me, unless I turn the "safety" off. He also seems to have disappeared. He fought with me for a few minutes, but then vanished.

KeveRR
02-24-2012, 08:43 AM
He didnt fought with me and now he is gone...

Hansathan
02-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Most "tasks" cannot be "cleared". They are there as a means to continually get gold for collecting certain items, or in this case, have a fighting companion whenever you want one (not sure why you would, he's pretty much useless.)

Riaku
02-24-2012, 11:20 AM
I think you can only summon the boggart once. Other than that, you can go there whenever you want to get the buff (a quite good one actually).

As people said, you can't "clear" most tasks, it's a way to get some money, but some of them end after a few runs.

SpinelesS
02-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Actually, the boggart won't fight me, unless I turn the "safety" off. He also seems to have disappeared. He fought with me for a few minutes, but then vanished.

Guess I could have worded that better :)

I didn't mean that you and the Boggart can fight each other, I meant that The boggart will follow you around (he isn't always very good at following you) and fight other enemies with you.

Eventually the Boggart does die (Mine ran into a tree and exploded) But I think you can remake another one at that point.

Hansathan
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Guess I could have worded that better :)

I didn't mean that you and the Boggart can fight each other, I meant that The boggart will follow you around (he isn't always very good at following you) and fight other enemies with you.

Eventually the Boggart does die (Mine ran into a tree and exploded) But I think you can remake another one at that point.

I eventually murdered mine in Canneroc when he was bugging me while I was Blacksmithing. The townsfolk were not too happy about that...

waxc3
02-24-2012, 08:36 PM
I think you can only summon the boggart once. Other than that, you can go there whenever you want to get the buff (a quite good one actually).

As people said, you can't "clear" most tasks, it's a way to get some money, but some of them end after a few runs.
You can summon it again. Pick up a stone and return the stone again.