PDA

View Full Version : Update and DLC live today!

Turdboi
02-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Just got logged out of live while playing gotham city impostors and when i reconnected it said update available, once i downloaded this i then got a message saying new DLC available. Anyways it called Compatibilty Packages 1 (size is 379.70MB) and am downloading it now, so will update this thread when i know more about it.

New Level is called 25th Floor - looks like it is based on Wayne Enterprises building. It is also in Challenges not just the team game modes. And yes you can use the challenges to count towards the shower of gold achievement - just did this myself so it is confirmed.

New weapons are - Falcon Blade -sword- Stats: Rate of fire 8, Damage 9, Accuracy 0, range 1, reload speed 0

Kingmaker - Pistol -stats Rate of fire 9, Damage 5, Accuracy 5, range 4, reload speed 5

These are found under Misc in weapons.

New support item includes - toxic gas

Just to test the new matchmaking now :D

Edit: - Matchmaking still sucks balls

Doktor Wilhelm
02-24-2012, 11:26 AM
So much for having to wait a month for the patch, just took a little over a week!

I'd only just bought my last clothing item last night, now there's more! :eek:

romanzad
02-24-2012, 12:07 PM
nice one for the info, gutted matchmaking is still appalling though - oh well

ofay
02-24-2012, 01:31 PM
So much for having to wait a month for the patch, just took a little over a week!

I'd only just bought my last clothing item last night, now there's more! :eek:
Lol it was more than a week but yes it was fast.

Anyways hope OP is wrong about the match making fix, wonder if they sorted the stat tracking as well

Valfor
02-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Im having problems on the aftermatch it always freezes on the 1 second to return to lobby

upindat
02-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Is the new map on all game modes?? just watched a video and looks pretty cool. Do the gun challanges look easy?? Having hell getting that cheevo

ofay
02-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Im having problems on the aftermatch it always freezes on the 1 second to return to lobby
How long does it freeze for? Sounds like it doesn't effect gameplay correct?

BloodRedRoses
02-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Ignore this post, didn't read what I quoted properly.

Doktor Wilhelm
02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
There's actually quite a bit of new content with this; there's even a new voice unlock (Ninja).

The sword (Falcon BLade) is fun and it also counts as knife kills! it's feats are for kills, attacks blocked and a special one for 3 kills in 2 seconds, I'm already getting hate mail (in French) for using it while near a healing station on my Tank (Was protecting Gasblaster 2 on Ace Chemicals), not my fault that people kept running at me while shooting!

The new gun (King Maker) feels a bit underpowered, though I think it's aimed at getting headshots, also it has a mod that does more damage to unarmoured foes.

There's also some new feats (Legendary) that have some interesting things (3 kills in one dive bomb, 2 kills with one sniper bullet, etc).

Not noticed too much of a change with the Match Making, though I've been placed into a few games as they are ongoing... :S

Toxic Gas is for stunning people who are chasing you, can't beat a nice fart attack! :eek:

Lol, now I need to know if the achievements for weapons and gadgets/support items are possible with the new items; anyone out there wanna test it out for me? :p

Valfor
02-24-2012, 03:31 PM
How long does it freeze for? Sounds like it doesn't effect gameplay correct?

I have to exit to dashboard everytime this occurs... i let for about 5 minutes and nothing. But i still keep xp gained, coins, etc

DROGTURIST
02-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Sounds good, especially liking the pistol, the new map and the fact that it works for the challenges!

So much for having to wait a month for the patch, just took a little over a week!Wow, you people just don't live in reality...

Doktor Wilhelm
02-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Just noticed that there's several new Catchphrases and Symbols (Unlocked between lvl 3 and 10).

"Wanna touch my bat?"

ofay
02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
I was worried about how join in progress would work, usually you end up on the losing team. I would of rather had auto balancing off mid game and team forfeit when the team has no players

I'm gonna have to try this sword out to finish off my knife kills

And more emblems/catch phrases! I need a list so I know what to work towards

Belvik
02-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Matchmaking still on the slow side, has yet to put me into a game that's already going. Most of the games I played today were about half full too. I do like that matches will start as 3v3 now.

upindat
02-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Man i cant get off work fast enought. SUPER pumped about this dlc.

Wahoo35
02-24-2012, 06:29 PM
This patch still didn't fix the K/D Ratio issue. Consistently getting 3-10 more deaths after each match than I should. Guess working at Monolith and not being able to do basic arithmetic go hand in hand.

upindat
02-24-2012, 07:15 PM
This patch still didn't fix the K/D Ratio issue. Consistently getting 3-10 more deaths after each match than I should. Guess working at Monolith and not being able to do basic arithmetic go hand in hand.

Say what??? Havent heard about this issue so far. So your saying if you have a match that has 10 kills and 3 deaths. It is adding more deaths to your stats??? weird

Belvik
02-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Everytime I join a session in progress the game freezes on the lineup screen at the end and I have to dashboard it. Far more annoying imo than waiting a couple minutes for a game to start.

ofay
02-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Say what??? Havent heard about this issue so far. So your saying if you have a match that has 10 kills and 3 deaths. It is adding more deaths to your stats??? weird
Yeah it doesn't always do it, but it's caused me to have 1000 more deaths than times I've died

Starkweather
02-24-2012, 08:29 PM
I like the new additions especially join in progress however i also have the freeze problem after the game and now there are a bunch of people with rollerskates and a katana great :P

ofay
02-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Has anyone tried deleting and redownloading the dlc. I had lag issues when I first dl the game and deleting and reinstalling fixed. Wonder if this could fix the freeze issue as well

Belvik
02-24-2012, 08:41 PM

Been positive k/d in every game I've played today except one and my k/d went down from 1.1 to .98. I think it might be doing it worse than before now.

bob101910
02-24-2012, 08:48 PM

Had this happen 2 out of 4 games today. Really annoying

I mak3 big boom
02-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Any opinions on the new weapons?

Starkweather
02-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Has anyone tried deleting and redownloading the dlc. I had lag issues when I first dl the game and deleting and reinstalling fixed. Wonder if this could fix the freeze issue as well

I might try this as every time it freezes it counts as a disconnect and that means double the deaths for me. I just got 26 kills and 13 deaths and it turns it once again into 26 deaths!! Why didn't they fix this...

Belvik
02-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Falcon blade is fun. Don't have an unlock open for kingmaker or toxic gas.

ofay
02-24-2012, 09:27 PM
I might try this as every time it freezes it counts as a disconnect and that means double the deaths for me. I just got 26 kills and 13 deaths and it turns it once again into 26 deaths!! Why didn't they fix this...
Also did you dl it via in game or did you dl it via the market place?

Starkweather
02-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Also did you dl it via in game or did you dl it via the market place?

I did it from the game itself

Zumato
02-24-2012, 10:57 PM

This happens to me a lot after the update. After a minute or two, it says that I lost connection to the host. Never had any problems with my K/D ratio. I know on the last page of the end report it only shows your kills and assists. Perhaps people are getting them confused?

Also, the Psyche Profile feats got an increase in required experience. Need a lot more now to complete them.

Xero Shinobi
02-24-2012, 11:00 PM
I was waiting very patiently for a patch for this game and to hear that the matchmaking is no better upsets me very much. I'll still download this DLC, and pray it gets fixed before it becomes dead :(

squid5580
02-25-2012, 01:29 AM
My first match on the 25th floor involved me taking 2 steps before getting fumed . :mad: This join match in progress is going to have a negative effect on ppl's K/D

Valfor
02-25-2012, 02:55 AM
well i dont care at all about K/D ratio in any game. I play for fun so this dont upset me

Doktor Wilhelm
02-25-2012, 04:16 AM
I'm disappointed that there's not a new gang for the new map (was invited to the Alley Cats after playing the map).

ofay
02-25-2012, 05:04 AM
I got hazmat invite, since leaving them at level 5 for the warf rats, I've only gotten to level 2. I don't think it's giving me xp right, seems like it thinks I'm level 7