PDA

View Full Version : Worth the Purchase?

Ayx
02-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Before I get snipped, I read the thoughts and impressions thread but that was before the recent swarm of negative threads so I'm asking in a separate thread for others as well.

Do you guys think this game is worth it? As a College Student I don't really have too much time to replay games, I also play Fighting Games a lot so I don't really have too much time to be replaying through multiple times. But if the game is 'that' fun, I'd give it a try.

How's the glitches? Is it really to the point of frustration where it's not even worth it?

How annoying are the collectables? This is usually a pretty decent Key since I don't have much time to read through walkthroughs, but I like completing my games as well.

Normally I just buy the games without thinking, but I didn't have MSP at the time and now I checked in and saw all this. Not sure what to do. .-.

Scottcool
02-26-2012, 05:41 PM
I'd say it is definitely worth 800 points, i encountered 1 glitch on a speedrun that made me loose the swap ability 30mins in so i had to start again but you can finish easily in under an hour depending on how quickly u do the bosses so it didn't bother me.

I never managed to get myself stuck anywhere, as long as you buy the upgrades showing all collectables early on and wait till the last possible moment to backtrack then all should go smoothly.

The only negatives i would say are that some of the challenges and bosses are a little frustrating, mainly challenges. Getting bronze on all of them is easy though except the last 1. If you want gold you'll have a lot more effort to put in but this is only necessary once for the rival achievement.

I'd say all in all i had a pretty fun road to 200g

WipeoutBoy1
02-26-2012, 05:42 PM
It isnt worth it especially with the game breaking bugs in this game.

Scottcool
02-26-2012, 05:50 PM
It isnt worth it especially with the game breaking bugs in this game.

everyone's entitled to their opinion, there are definitely some glitches on this game but i think maybe some people have jumped a bit too early on saying they have broken the game.

Don Jose
02-26-2012, 05:56 PM
I've encountered a few glitches also, which have caused me to restart but overall the game is pretty fun and worth the price.

themikewoo
02-27-2012, 06:31 AM
I enjoyed the game but it was very very frustrating lol. I now know why I do not play puzzle games anymore. Do not regret buying it but there were numerous times I wanted to throw something lol.

Ayx
02-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Seems like a game I'd have to avoid if I have to take notes of the guide often including avoiding some game breaking glitches. Something miniscule, but I should save my MSP for SFxT DLC anyways.

Thanks guys!

DROGTURIST
02-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Those of you recommending he buy the game should really read the first post again. This guy doesn't have infinite time on his hands, and come on, there's dozens of far better games on arcade that he should spend his time on.

I'm not even talking about game-breaking glitches or other bugs, the game just isn't fun enough and it requires a minimum of four playthroughs (probably more like six to get the speedrun down). This game is not worth it.

Don Jose
02-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm not even talking about game-breaking glitches or other bugs, the game just isn't fun enough and it requires a minimum of four playthroughs (probably more like six to get the speedrun down). This game is not worth it.

I disagree. The game is fun for me.

If I'm paying money for a game, I WANT to be able to replay it. What's the point of a one-and-done playthrough? Sure you'll get some achievements, but ultimately shouldn't the point of playing a game be to have fun?

DROGTURIST
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I disagree. The game is fun for me.

If I'm paying money for a game, I WANT to be able to replay it. What's the point of a one-and-done playthrough? Sure you'll get some achievements, but ultimately shouldn't the point of playing a game be to have fun?And, what, the only way to have fun is to replay games? That doesn't make any sense either.

Don Jose
03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
And, what, the only way to have fun is to replay games? That doesn't make any sense either.

I'm not saying it's the only way to have fun, but it sure helps if the game has replay value. Otherwise I feel like I'm just buying achievements, which for me is usually not fun.

Aki2403
03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
I've not encountered any bugs as of yet, I've only played through once though and unlocked the "middle" ending.
I'm definitely going to be playing it more (much more) it seems like it has a similar re-playability to shadow complex.

I'd say it was worth your time/money.