PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get all S ranks on Hard without the Obliterator Gauge?

Sparda
02-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Because I just finished it up today. A couple of episodes in Act 3 were a pain in the ass but it was satisfying as hell. Now I can go blow through the game on easy with the Mortal gauge without much fear. Feels like I'm playing on normal now with the health bar the way it is.

Anyway I was just curious to see if anyone else decided to do it this way.

EliteShadowMan
02-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Because I just finished it up today. A couple of episodes in Act 3 were a pain in the ass but it was satisfying as hell. Now I can go blow through the game on easy with the Mortal gauge without much fear. Feels like I'm playing on normal now with the health bar the way it is.

Anyway I was just curious to see if anyone else decided to do it this way.

I didn't, but congrats! That would be sort of tough. But playing on easy with the mortal gauge isn't like normal difficulty at all. In fact i would say its like playing on hard

Sparda
02-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Eh in some places I guess. I haven't run into anything that's killed me so far but damage done to me seems to be between normal and hard mode damage. I didn't really analyze it fully and I'll start to be able to tell more once I fight Asura as Yasha and get to the Chapter 17 Deus fights. I kinda switched gears though, I'm going through Normal getting S ranks with the Blind Master gauge. It's quite fun honestly when I can't see any gauges.

Thanks also. It was kind of a pain and honestly the one chapter that gave me the most hell on the S rank was the Yasha vs Asura fight. The first Deus fight took three tries, and Chapter 17 did take me the better part of this morning to figure out which attacks I could attack after and knock him down. Well that and just in general not dying since some of his attacks hit like a truck.

EliteShadowMan
02-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Eh in some places I guess. I haven't run into anything that's killed me so far but damage done to me seems to be between normal and hard mode damage. I didn't really analyze it fully and I'll start to be able to tell more once I fight Asura as Yasha and get to the Chapter 17 Deus fights. I kinda switched gears though, I'm going through Normal getting S ranks with the Blind Master gauge. It's quite fun honestly when I can't see any gauges.

Thanks also. It was kind of a pain and honestly the one chapter that gave me the most hell on the S rank was the Yasha vs Asura fight. The first Deus fight took three tries, and Chapter 17 did take me the better part of this morning to figure out which attacks I could attack after and knock him down. Well that and just in general not dying since some of his attacks hit like a truck.

Yeah it took me about 3-4 tries on hard to try and S rank episode 17. Its just annoying because it takes at least 15 minutes to finish