PDA

View Full Version : Retro Games Remastered For Next-Gen

Hitman Mittz
08-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Here's just a quick post i thought i'd post just to see what classic games people would like to see remastered on next-gen consoles... taking Resident Evil & Metal Gear Solid as prime examples, remember how well they were done for the gamecube? I think there could be a market classic remakes, i now it would take time from making new games, but maybe the companys could assign a small team to make these remakes

Here's my fav list so far:-

Parasite Eve (psx)
Resident Evil 2 (psx)
Resident Evil 3 (psx)
Final Fantasy VII (psx) (could be on it's way from what i've read)
Goldeneye (N64)
Alien Trilogy (psx)
Die Hard Trilogy (psx)
Clock Tower (psx)
Streets Of Rage 2 (mega drive)
Dino Crisis (psx)
Fear Effect (psx)
Flash Back (mega drive)
Monkey Island (amiga/pc)
Grim Fandango (pc)
Nightmare Creatures (psx)
Soul Reaver (psx)

Zef
08-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Thief III: Deadly Shadows

If that was remade on the 360 then you wouldn't need any other sneaking games.

thecrazyguy
08-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Thief III: Deadly Shadows

If that was remade on the 360 then you wouldn't need any other sneaking games.

You can say that again! I loved that game on xbox, both the gameplay and graphics were top notch for that console. On 360 tho, thief would just be the king of stealth games hands down

I would also agree with soul reaver. Just about all the legacy of kain games were great, particularly legacy of kain defiance. I'm just curious what's taking eidos so long to resurect those games on next gen consoles.

Adam Miller
08-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Never played thief but Dino Crisis :):woop::drunk:(.....only me? But yeh there is definataely a market for all this re made classics as long as it doesnt go too far.

Fonkey Monkey
08-19-2007, 01:14 PM
~speed devils for the dreamcast. in my eyes the best racer EVER. it deserves a remake.

~zombies ate my neighbors. no explanation needed.

~killer instinct. see above.

Hitman Mittz
08-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Dino Crisis would be ace, i never playied the 3rd one on the xbox. but it's not backwards compatible :( come on micorsoft pull your finger out and get more great xbox games running on the 360,
i would love to see a fully re-mastered Silent Hill, by far the best one in the series, hope Silent Hill V aint gonna be a let down

SegaSaturnSNK
08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't like great/classic games to be remastered at times, it has to be done right. Sometimes people do a terrible job.

TheNeXt6
08-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Goldeneye, that's the only game I care about.

Sweet666Kraven
08-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Monkey Island most definately, brilliant gaming series.

I'd also like to see Megaman get released on the arcade sometime.

Yoshi6107
08-20-2007, 03:02 AM
I know that a lot of these are fairly recent titles, but I honestly think all my favorite older classics are great exactly as they are.

My list:

Digimon World (Sorry, I'm a huge fan, shun me if you must, but I really more mean I just want to see a good game in this series, this game was bad, but I played it anyways)
Extreme-G
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X (I know it's pretty recent, but come on, solid game)
Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball
Metal Slug
Perfect Dark
R-Type
Spyro
TimeSplitters
Vectorman
Yoshi's Story (Honestly. I loved this game)

and on a less serious note...

Hey You, Pikachu!

Tiamat66
08-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Spy Hunter
Goldeneye
Shining Force I & II
Mutant League Football/Hockey
Dragon Warrior I - IV
Nightmare Creatures
Blood
Loaded 1 & 2
Final Fantasy I & II
Twisted Metal

KewlBrettC
08-20-2007, 06:06 PM
~speed devils for the dreamcast. in my eyes the best racer EVER. it deserves a remake.

~zombies ate my neighbors. no explanation needed.

~killer instinct. see above.

I totally agree with the first 2, but never played Killer Instinct

and Tiamat66, IMO Spyhunter was one of the worst games i have ever played.

KTC
08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
i'd love to see a version of Pilot Wings that was on the N64, that was pretty damn ace

Tron
08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Goldeneye for sure...bubble bobble might be great as well

Bluntman428
08-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Ogre Battle - No explanation needed. If you haven't played Ogre Battle, you need to.

Disagaea - I know it's a recent series, but it's one of my favorites of all time, and I'd love to see it done with next-gen graphics.

MechAssault - I don't know wtf happened to this series and why Microsoft didn't make a new one for the 360, but it was by far my favorite Xbox Live title on the original Xbox.

Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII - The final fantasy series has sucked since VII. Not that the new iterations aren't solid RPGs, but their stories and gameplay has deteriorated immensely. FFXII was terrible imo, and I'd love to see some of the classic FF's remastered. Especially VI.

TIE Fighter - No space shooter sim has ever been as good as TIE Fighter.

Conker's Bad Fur Day - I know they remade it for the Xbox, but I want a new game dammit. Rare needs to put the Pinatas down and get back to one of their best franchises asap.

Ultima Online - No MMO will ever be as good as UO was back in its day. I'm talking pre-Trammel, when you could kill another player, take the key to their castle, and it would be your's along with all their belongings. Fragging someone is nowhere near as satisfying as ruining months or years of someone's work. But that was the nature of the game, if you didn't have a crew you got screwed.

Dstrukt
08-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Megaman 1-8
Ninja Gaiden 1-3 (The original NES carts, not the SNES trilogy)
Gunstar Heroes
Final Fantasy VI (Arguably the best FF title)
Breath of Fire II
Gradius
Castlevania III

oo Cebass oo
08-21-2007, 03:02 AM
1 game i think that should definatly be made for the 360 is a PC game from about 2000 called Freelancer.

Its a MMO but free lol. before all that nonesense of buying a game and then paying to play it.

Basically its a Space sim, you play as a freelance pilot who gets stranded after a space station he was on gets blown up. The story guides you through discovering what was behind the attack and why. I really in depth single player game where you can choose to follow the story or just go off on your own and actually go against any of the characters you were originally fighting along side.

Incredible playability as though the levels are split up into systems, it can take you a hour plus to navigate your way through the inner systems, or if your brave about 15-20 mins out in the trade lanes that are constantly patrolled by red hessians and corsair pirates.

An awesome game well worth bringing to the 360!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer_(computer_game)

Wolf
08-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Time Crisis ftw.

Hitman Mittz
08-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Kool, I never knew there'd be this much interest in my post, lets keep it up guys and lets get that list bigger

Pyroman31
08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
It's already been said but...Conker.