PDA

View Full Version : Silence Falls Game Breaking Glitch

BrassBallz
02-28-2012, 06:31 PM
So I have played through the entire game without a single issue until now. During the main quest, Silence Falls, you are asked to destroy 3-chantries in the swamp. The problem is that, though I can break all three, only two count. I tried loading a save before getting the quest and trying again, in a different order, with the same results. I tried yet again and still only 2 count.

At this point I cannot progress the main quest. Anyone experience this or have a solution besides waiting for a patch?

Riaku
02-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Try break them before getting the quest, maybe that works. I didn't have any trouble during the quest but I've heard people do. Good luck.

SpinelesS
02-29-2012, 12:37 AM
So I have played through the entire game without a single issue until now. During the main quest, Silence Falls, you are asked to destroy 3-chantries in the swamp. The problem is that, though I can break all three, only two count. I tried loading a save before getting the quest and trying again, in a different order, with the same results. I tried yet again and still only 2 count.

At this point I cannot progress the main quest. Anyone experience this or have a solution besides waiting for a patch?

I believe someone posted about this problem a while back. If I remember correctly they said that destroying the chantries only counted if the quest to do it was the active one.

So try destroying them with Silence Falls as your active quest.

Vigor
02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Tons of people have reported it on the official forums, devs are aware and looking into it.

I expect a title update on the 20th of March when DLC hits.

I'm having the same issue, stopped playing too.

averycardoza
02-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Hmm don't know what you guys did, I had the quest unactive and ran around doing other quests and even fast traveled to the other continent(sell stolen goods, Stash), I then also had it as the active quest and did the same thing and I was able to get all 3 smashed still. The order I did them was Far right middle then the far left. I did allow the main guy to talk to me(Skiped most dialog tho) before I even attempted to get close to the crystals, So that way I didn't accidently break one beforehand.

adeese
02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
I encountered this bug as well, and stopped playing because of it (couldn't be bothered to play through the whole game again).

My problem is that I destroyed some of the crystals before getting the quest. I was on the House of Sorrows quest line exploring, and came across the crystals.

When I got back there while on the main quest, one of the crystals was already destroyed, so I couldn't destroy all 3 and trigger the cutscene to progress the quest.

I really hope this gets patched soon so I can finish the game.

xFortyseven
03-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Yes, i posted about this as well. As far as i understand it, the glitch happens if you destory any of the crystals before you have the quest. I have re-played the game and this time i did the quest immediately when i git to the new contonent, and then it was no problem.

BKV
03-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Is this the mission on Klurikon┐ I had actually completed this mission while exploring and there was no notification it was a quest until I met Cydan at Foes' Hearth, and he informed me that I had already done it.
The glitch for me was the warsworn faction mission. After killing the first Niskaru, Ordura just froze and I couldn't talk to him.
I just started a new game to get that achievement now.

Jimcp88
03-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Is there any know solution to this glitch yet? I understood the developers are aware of this problem and are working on a patch. Is there a release date for this yet?
For me it doesn't matter if I break any of the crystals before I start the quest. The pilar above Ghenning in the Keening just seem to mis a crystal.
It is a big disappointment I can't finish the main quest, I try to do everything in every area before moving on with the main quest. This results in already 81 hours in, don't feel like starting a new game.

Vigor
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
The new dlc will probably come with a title update to address these issues.

Jimcp88
03-06-2012, 08:14 PM
The new dlc will probably come with a title update to address these issues.

I really hope you are right. I'm browsing the web a bit in the hope to find any official annoucements of a patch or fix but I guess there isn't. So I'll just put the game away untill the 20th.

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?5359-Silence-falls-mission-is-bugged-for-me
link to the offical forum where alot of people encountered the same glitch and where a mob replied the devs are looking into it.

Kinjin
03-21-2012, 12:26 PM
I just found out about this last night, and with almost 170 hours invested in this game doing every quest and exploring every nook and cranny, I felt sick to my stomach reading how, by exploring and being thorough, I've painted myself into a game-breaking glitch of a corner.

Imagine my relief when, upon talking to Cydan to begin the quest, he notes that I already destroyed all three chantries, and moves right on and the quest is considered finished!

From what I'm understanding, the game-breaker is if you destroy less than all of the chantries before speaking with Cydan; either don't destroy any, or make sure to destroy them all before you initiate the quest. If you try to start the quest after having destroyed some (not all) of the chantries, you'll be buggered and unable to proceed with the storyline.

metallicorphan
03-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks for making this thread

I was just about to start Silence Falls when i remembered about this,so checked it out,and i had explored everywhere and destroyed 2 of the Chalices(i wasn't even aware they were for anything)...so after reading this I destroyed the 3rd and was able to progress

xxJUSTINxx
03-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Hmm don't know what you guys did, I had the quest unactive and ran around doing other quests and even fast traveled to the other continent(sell stolen goods, Stash), I then also had it as the active quest and did the same thing and I was able to get all 3 smashed still. The order I did them was Far right middle then the far left. I did allow the main guy to talk to me(Skiped most dialog tho) before I even attempted to get close to the crystals, So that way I didn't accidently break one beforehand.
I did that also, I made sure to stay away from the until I got the quest.

nasshell562
09-17-2012, 06:39 AM
i went around exploring and killed everyone, i guess i smashed a couple crystals some of them didn't break so i left it alone, went exploring some more, did other quests and when i came back i was unable to proceed with the silence falls quest, i wass p....ed beyond imagination i had almost 90 hours dedicated to the game! so i had to start a new one, and left my old save for whenever they decide to patch it, very frustrating. Finally i got to the quest, did it as soon as i entered klurikon and it worked, does anyone know of any other game stopping glitches? cause after that I'm afraid of picking stuff related to other quests. Another glitch i found was the life's work quest for a guy in the emaire tavern, i was sick of having those items sitting on my inventory so i went looking for the other ones, i found them easy but i hadn't talk to the guy before, thank god i did a save right before i got the last one, if not i would have been screwed again, i had the four scrolls marked but the guy kept on sending me back for more, hope they solve those issues soon

TwistedFate
09-17-2012, 12:30 PM
hope they solve those issues soon

No company = no patches.