PDA

View Full Version : DLC announced - New Continent - "The Legend of Dead Kel"

metallicorphan
02-29-2012, 04:36 PM
for those wondering about the empty space on the in-game map,well it looks like it will be home to a completely new continent

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10970-KoA--Reckoning-DLC-Adds-a-Whole-New-Continent.html (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news-10970-KoA--Reckoning-DLC-Adds-a-Whole-New-Continent.html)

March 20th release,no price as of yet

An Epic New Questline — The Legend of Dead Kel is only part of the story of Gallows End. It intertwines with numerous side quests, multiple dungeons to explore and a colorful cast of characters

New Enemies, Dungeons, Items — Multiple new enemies and enemy variants, a new dungeon type: Dverga Fastings, three new Twists of Fate, eight new armor sets, eight new shields and 18 new unique weapons

The Ultimate Player Housing — Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it’s a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks

Tons more to Explore — The Legend of Dead Kel DLC adds in more than 15% of additional land to traverse and explore in the already massively expansive world that is Amalur

great stuff,keep it coming!!!

Yaymez
02-29-2012, 04:40 PM
for those wondering about the empty space on the in-game map,well it looks like it will be home to a completely new continent

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10970-KoA--Reckoning-DLC-Adds-a-Whole-New-Continent.html (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../news/news-10970-KoA--Reckoning-DLC-Adds-a-Whole-New-Continent.html)

March 20th release,no price as of yet

great stuff,keep it coming!!!

Really looking forward to this! Nice to see they are bringing new story content out quickly.

romanzad
02-29-2012, 04:42 PM
very impressed with how quick this is coming out! just need to get the pesky green thumb achievement now!

The Pants Party
02-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Might have to wait until I'm done with ME3, but there should be a lull between that and Witcher 2 that this will fill quite nicely! :)

Method
02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Great news! I really wish the level cap got raised though....to match up to the new harder difficulty mode they should include too :)

DrOxycontin420
02-29-2012, 06:00 PM
will this include achievements? I'm not falling for the dead island ryder white dlc let down again by just assuming this will have achievements with out first checking.

The Pants Party
02-29-2012, 06:04 PM
will this include achievements? I'm not falling for the dead island ryder white dlc let down again by just assuming this will have achievements with out first checking.

Good question since we already saw the House of Valor DLC come and go without them. I'd venture this will have a better chance of including them though.

Is anyone a member at 38's forum? They've been very open with info about this game in the past, probably someone would verify if asked outright.

DrOxycontin420
02-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Good question since we already saw the House of Valor DLC come and go without them. I'd venture this will have a better chance of including them though.

Is anyone a member at 38's forum? They've been very open with info about this game in the past, probably someone would verify if asked outright.

I posted the question to the KoA facebook page. I really would hate to skip this dlc because of no achievements.

SacredGamer
02-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Would you skip it If you found out they priced at a low price of 800MSP.

The Pants Party
02-29-2012, 06:56 PM
It is confirmed at 800MSP. If I'm 100% done with ME3 before Witcher 2 comes out and it doesn't have achievements I'll probably play it regardless. I do however have Crimson Alliance and its DLC downloaded and untouched, so we'll see. Pay $10 for something without achievements or play something I've already purchased with achievements...?

DrOxycontin420
02-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Would you skip it If you found out they priced at a low price of 800MSP.

Yes, if I am gong to spend additional money for content, the least they can do is include achievements for those of us who want our artificial e penis's (gamerscore) inflated.

When I make the decision to spend my money on DLC and I find out it has no achievements. I end up feeling the same as if I had been trying to score some high grade marijuana and ended up being sold lawn trimmings. :(

I could go on about platform gaming and the new age of micro transactions, no longer are the days where I can actually buy a fully competed game, sadly I digress.
:drunk

Alaskanassassin
02-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Though this is content I usually support, the opportunity cost with waiting for it and how the last half of the game left a dull sense, I think I'm going to pass.

I can get $33 for the game from Amazon right now and by the time this comes out that will likely drop to $20, meaning this content will cost me $20 in the long run.

The game was entertaining but got old in my opinion, the staying power isn't there unlike the Bioware and Bethesda games where I (not smartly) buy all the dlc day one. I don't mean to sound too negative on the game as I enjoyed it, but the DLC can't add anything for me to want to jump back in. If you made it to the end of the game and want more, more power to ya.

The Pants Party
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219673p1.html

Good write-up about the DLC. Main story is estimated at four hours with plenty of extra side-quests as well. Apparently requires level 10 to enter the area. Not sure if the enemies will scale or if you'll be way overpowered if you're capped.

Still no mention there or on Reckoning's forum about achievements though.

Yaymez
02-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I don't understand why people will not get the DLC if it doesn't have achievements. Surely the fun of it, the extra glimpse into the fantasy world as it develops and the fact that you get to take your characters on new adventures would be worth the price.

If you refuse to get DLC because it has no achievements, aren't you defeating the purpose of it all in the first place? surely the gameplay itself is why you play the game.

Hansathan
02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't understand why people will not get the DLC if it doesn't have achievements. Surely the fun of it, the extra glimpse into the fantasy world as it develops and the fact that you get to take your characters on new adventures would be worth the price.

If you refuse to get DLC because it has no achievements, aren't you defeating the purpose of it all in the first place? surely the gameplay itself is why you play the game.

I'm with you here, but you have to remember this isn't just a gaming site..it's a gaming site built around achievements. Many people here are focused on them. I would probably get it with or without achievements, but i would def rather it come with some.

metallicorphan
03-01-2012, 11:40 AM
yeah although i would rather it come with achievements,if it doesn't its no bad thing,i will still be getting this DLC

pic here from Kotaku
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17f0x986vwvo6jpg/original.jpg

The Pants Party
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
When I finish a game's original content, achievements are generally the only thing that brings me back - unless it's a fun MP experience I can enjoy with friends. There are just too many games out there to experience to come back for what is generally more of the same.

Like I said up above, I have downloaded Crimson Alliance and its DLC. I have Dragon Age 2 and Fallout: New Vegas unwrapped on my shelf. March: ME3; April: Witcher 2/Risen 2/Prototype 2; May: Game of Thrones. There are other games I want to experience, so if the content for a game I've already completed doesn't include achievements, that is one less reason for me to come back to it.

Think of that reasoning what you will, but in the end I'm going to spend my time and money on what I'll enjoy - and for the most part that is completing new games and ranking up on the RPG leaderboards. ;)

Starkweather
03-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Good news, with Skyrim taking their time with DLC, this game and Mass Effect 3 will be keeping me busy for the coming months.

SacredGamer
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Achievemnts are coming.
Cant link atm.
But they're listed on Steam.

JONBLEACH
03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Risen 2 :D

The Pants Party
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Beam Me Up
Used the Henge to enter Idylla.

Exterminator
Killed 50 Scavs.

Give Her a Hand
Found Aubrey Gilcrest's severed hand.

I Regret Nothing
Fell to your death from the Idylla Concourse.

Keep on Rising
Gravehal Keep has been fully restored.

Manic Pixie Dream Elf
Wooed Rast Brattigan.

Message in a Bottle
Located all eight message bottles in Gallows End.

Mistaken Identity
You've found a strange Almain who has been hiding in the sewers of Idylla.

Murder Most Fowl
Killed 50 Pteryx.

The Harder They Fall
You've bested Kahrunk without killing his attendants.

We Built this City
You helped the Kollossae in the Teeth of Naros break free from their fate. Source: steamachievementhunters.com/achievements/102500

Found 11 new ones, and there also seem to six new secrets ones? It isn't unnusual for companies to add more achievements to Steam than 360/PS3 get, so we'll see what actually gets added (if anything - we've also seen it where Steam got some and we didn't get any at all).

JONBLEACH
03-01-2012, 10:18 PM
http://reckoning.amalur.com/r/dlc/dead-kel

article from the reckoning site with a few screens at the bottom

Jimcp88
03-02-2012, 07:53 AM
I would play this regardless of any achievements involved, although I would love to see some in this DLC. I put 75+ hours in already and I've become a big fan of the franchise already so any DLC is welcome. I think 800 msp is reasonable considering:
-The new area is the size of 15% of the original world.
-New mobs, weapons, story, and house with never seen extra's like pets.
-The main quest will last atleast 4 hours + all the side quest and exploring for all the bottles will nett you around 8 hours.

Hansathan
03-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Let's hope we do get those achievements cuz a few of them sound pretty cool (Harder They Fall). Not to mention it sounds like there are some new enemy types :)

SacredGamer
03-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Source: steamachievementhunters.com/achievements/102500

Found 11 new ones, and there also seem to six new secrets ones? It isn't unnusual for companies to add more achievements to Steam than 360/PS3 get, so we'll see what actually gets added (if anything - we've also seen it where Steam got some and we didn't get any at all).

Those listed belong to either DLC1 or DLC2.
I seen the descriptions, and they fit perfectly with the DLC1 or 2.

JONBLEACH
03-02-2012, 07:40 PM
^ Why are you talking about DLC2 since there hasnt been any word about it.

SacredGamer
03-02-2012, 08:55 PM
^ Why are you talking about DLC2 since there hasnt been any word about it.

What?
Err yes they have somebody obviously hasn't seen the leaked cinematics.
DLC 1 & 2 were known about before they were even formally announced.
Achievement descriptions show some of the achievements are from the second DLC.

The Pants Party
03-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Leaked cinematics for DLC1&2:
http://www.analoghype.com/videos/first-look-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-dlc-1-2/

Obviously the first cinematic is this one, based on the pirates. Looks like the few steam achievements that mention Idylla (floating city) might be from the second, unannounced DLC.

SacredGamer
03-02-2012, 10:59 PM
See the separated achievements assigned to each DLC here;
http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?7667-Achievements-for-quot-The-Legend-Of-Dead-Kel-quot-amp-DLC-2!

Guess the next DLC won't be too far off.

metallicorphan
03-03-2012, 01:30 PM
wait,so DLC 2 is happening as well?,or is this DLC2 counting the Online Pass DLC?

In my first post,i said "to those wondering about the big empty space on the map",but since then we have learnt that this DLC will have a Pirate Theme,so will that mean it wont be set in that big empty space on the map?

SacredGamer
03-03-2012, 01:40 PM
wait,so DLC 2 is happening as well?,or is this DLC2 counting the Online Pass DLC?

In my first post,i said "to those wondering about the big empty space on the map",but since then we have learnt that this DLC will have a Pirate Theme,so will that mean it wont be set in that big empty space on the map?

The cinematics were named "DLC 1 & DLC 2".
I don't even class the House Of Valor as DLC to be honest.
But hey the next DLC will be based around that Idylla, the floating city, basically confirmed by the achievements and the leaked cinematic.

JONBLEACH
03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Yea srry i never seen the trailer videos for the dlcs.

Ionus
03-04-2012, 10:34 PM
looking forward to more... hope there are several more persuasion opportunities... didn't get that one on my playthrough...

also would be nice if they increase the stash size... I could get rid of some of the shiny purple and yellow items... But they are soooo shiny...

SpinelesS
03-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Does anyone know if they will increase the level cap or the stash limit in this DLC? I'm still only on the main Island and already I am level 40 (level cap), and my stash is full of yellow and purple items... (started using the merchant at Ballads Oratory as my second stash point, but they seem to only "save" 50 items)

Leveling, Exploring and Hoarding are my "thing" in games like this, All I currently have left is exploring.

EDIT: Just noticed one of the unique weapons I have found mentions Dead Kel :) (The Ward of the North)

Metabolic XBA
03-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Although I really did enjoy the game, I think along the same lines as Pants, if the DLC doesn't come with achievements I generally will pass on it unless I don't have anything else to play. That being said if the achievements found so far are legit I would snap this up.

SacredGamer
03-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Although I really did enjoy the game, I think along the same lines as Pants, if the DLC doesn't come with achievements I generally will pass on it unless I don't have anything else to play. That being said if the achievements found so far are legit I would snap this up.

It will come with achievements.
Why would the ones found not be legit?

Honestly though, If you truly enjoyed the game I don't see why achievements would totally turn you off a piece of DLC.

averycardoza
03-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Because EVERYONE has their own opinion on what is worth it and what isn't. Also imo I wouldn't waste the extra money for a dlc either, I've already beat it, I already enjoyed it, alittle extra content isn't to appealing esp since I have plenty of other games to play/beat.

Raiyves
03-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Wow, already dlc coming out and I'm not even halfway through the game to begin with. Still, achievements or no, liking the story so far so leaning towards getting it.

Vigor
03-06-2012, 08:45 AM
This dlc to cover the lower map part will be quite a chunk of land.

Achievements or not, I'm getting this while it's hot.

metallicorphan
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM
This dlc to cover the lower map part will be quite a chunk of land.

Achievements or not, I'm getting this while it's hot.

are we definitely sure it will be set there?,its just that if its Pirate Based,they are quite a way inland if it is there :p

Vigor
03-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Who knows :D

Maybe they'll add an entire ocean as well.
If it's not going to be in that location.. What is? O_O

Quite a big portion of land, you agree?

TwistedFate
03-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Gallows End is located somewhere north of the Plains of Erathell, and west of the Obsidian Isle, which is the center of Dverga activity in the Frostbreak Sea.

This is the location of the first DLC. Also confirmed, level cap does not get raised. 38 Studios says approx. 10 hours of content. Note the difference between "content" and "playtime". There is always content you don't see in your playtime. So take that figure with a grain of salt.

They answer some questions about the DLC here: http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?7971-The-Legend-of-Dead-Kel-Q-amp-A-Part-1

JONBLEACH
03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I think i finished at level 37 or 38 on my hard play

three15
03-13-2012, 12:11 PM
From what i know, will have chevs (it's EA) but will not have a Level cap increase, most enemies will be Level 10 and up.

Nei Debrusc
03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Got bored of this game somewhere between finding the gnome and killing the giant, and then got sick of it when the scenery went from bleak to dreary. Hope the DLC is cheap and it gets a sale early.

metallicorphan
03-17-2012, 02:09 AM
New Trailer

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/16/kingdoms-of-amalur-the-legend-of-dead-kel-dlc-trailer.aspx

This coming Tuesday!!!

Bubblesz
03-17-2012, 02:39 PM
like'd this game but only level 10 plus enemies in the dlc is a bit lame. my toon one shots most mobs on hard in the last zones and i doubt there's going to be much loot better than i already crafted. still going to get this just looking foward to it less.

The Pants Party
03-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah. Would be better if the enemies scaled...

SacredGamer
03-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Max level for Dead Kel Areas is Level 40 :)

Phantom-Phive
03-17-2012, 06:47 PM
anyone heard or know the achievements for this DLC?? Will this DLC even have any?

JONBLEACH
03-18-2012, 01:54 AM
anyone heard or know the achievements for this DLC?? Will this DLC even have any?

there have already been posts either in this thread or somewhere in the main threads.

Phantom-Phive
03-18-2012, 02:06 AM
there have already been posts either in this thread or somewhere in the main threads.
:D sorry bout that

Onelastbreath
03-19-2012, 07:16 PM
It would have definately been better if the enemies scaled but i enjoyed the game regardless. Finished my 1000G on Sunday but im looking forward to this and the future DLC.

Hansathan
03-19-2012, 10:50 PM

You could have at least given him your best answer before scolding him. It's a very legitimate question. Sure those achievements were posted quite a few weeks ago in that news article, but they were for Steam, and from what I understand, they don't always get the same ones on 360. I did a fair amount of searching myself, and am still not sure if it has any or not. This site has not added any achievements to the tally, and it comes out tomorrow.

This is an exact quote from Lee today, in the article that details the DLC. "So to that end, the DLC includes a new story campaign as well as new side quests, housing, dungeon types and enemies. Plus, pirate skeleton dudes." No mention of achievements.

Vigor
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
There are five unique achievements to be earned in The Legend of Dead Kel. These will be available on both Steam and Xbox Live.
They total 150 points toward your Gamerscore.

JONBLEACH
03-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Yea usually you can compare achievements with a friend the day before and see new achievements but i did that today and no achievements are there so im guessing either no or idk.

x SL4YER x
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
just finished down loading it and there are 5 new achievements

romanzad
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
just finished down loading it and there are 5 new achievements

any info on what they are? if they are the same as steam? seems strange there's nothing on xbox.com

metallicorphan
03-20-2012, 02:23 PM
just downloaded this,and although it wont be for awhile until i start the DLC(still have much to do in full game),i started the game up and straight away the quest comes up on your screen and you receive a letter

I looked at the map to see what had changed and its like a piece of paper over the original map in the top right hand corner...looks roughly the same size as one of the full games areas,say for example the whole of Detyre area

you also have to be level 10 or above to start it,which i am sure is not a problem for anybody:p

for those like me who wish to still avoid the DLC even though they have downloaded it,to start the quest you have to report to Rathir(i am guessing the docks in there),so be careful who you talk to around there,although i would guess it would still give you an option to start it now or later when you are talking to the person who you have to report to

EDIT:Romanzad-Pants Party posted them in this thread,with a warning not to earn them yet
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=362395

Vigor
03-20-2012, 06:50 PM
You still have to a boat to that part of the island and enemies do scale to your level.
It's not all that huge but the looks are fairly different from what you've seen so far.