PDA

View Full Version : 2 Free Arcade Games *Terms and Conditions Apply

Wriggy
08-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Visit this link (https://reg.msgamestudios.com/default.aspx?site=xbox360design&locale=en-us&lc=1033) and fill in your details and select Continue Registration, enter: XBX0807 and then your console serial number and Submit Code. You will get emailed two Arcade codes for free!

No scams but make sure you read the Terms and Conditions.

I think you have to have bought a 360 within the last year as well as making an account so double check!

Cold Rival
08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Hmmmm, it's in Black writing (as opposed to the normal grey), which hints at it being copied and pasted. Why would it have been copied and pasted?

This really you posting Wriggly?

Sounds a little too good to be true...

Smokez
08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
I want some proof and how long does it take to get the games? They are probly UNO and Robotron tho

EDIT : @Cold Rival - I like to use the black writing on alot of things. It just sticks out more and looks better then the grey

Zef
08-19-2007, 09:46 PM
I question why Microsoft would do this at all, they don't give stuff away so easily.

The page also doesn't look official, the logo at the top and the smudgy text in the 'instructions'. Plus when I open it in a new tab it doesn't show the same icon as other official Microsoft pages, I'd call this a scam until proven otherwise. So dodgy for Microsoft =o

Just did some detective work and found this:
http://digg.com/xbox_360/Two_Free_Xbox_Live_Arcade_Games_if_you_re_lucky

It mentions a similar 'deal' to this, but it doesn't mention a link or a code. So this could still be someone taking advantage of a real Microsoft thing with a dodgy site.

SegaSaturnSNK
08-19-2007, 10:14 PM
I ain't messing with this plus my console is over a year old I think so either way, I can't get jack shit even if it was a scam lmao.

TimmayTheTurtle
08-19-2007, 10:26 PM
i dont trust that kinda shit.

Dstrukt
08-19-2007, 10:32 PM
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Wriggy
08-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I have contacted Microsoft so I'll be able to confirm this within 24 hours.

Webb
08-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Be careful people.. It asks for your Window Live ID login... Frankly, I'm very dubious that its there to rip off your passport info. But thats me :p

sawman90
08-19-2007, 10:52 PM
looks really fake... some one give it a try and tell me if it works :D lol.. I don't want to be the one to get scammed =p

Wolf
08-19-2007, 11:12 PM
This is so totally legitimate. I made $1000000000, got a free PS3, got a free iPod, and saved 15% on my car insurance. And so can you! By simply filling out your credit card number, home address, and e-mail address and sending it to Wolf@hotmail.com, I can make all of your wildest dreams come true! Call today!

Im a Manatee
08-19-2007, 11:37 PM
You're suckers for thinking this isn't legitimate. It is. I'm running firefox and it's showing a secure page.

Also, it's from msgamestudios.com, the same site that had the Old Spice Challenge.

Zef
08-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Then why do the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy links not work? Surely a huge corporation link Microsoft would check them before launching a site type thing.

KewlBrettC
08-19-2007, 11:53 PM
I signed up, looks legit enough for me...
and zef they worked for me

Wriggy
08-19-2007, 11:58 PM
I signed up, looks legit enough for me...
and zef they worked for me

We'll just have to wait and see.

lostmotiv
08-19-2007, 11:58 PM
ive seen this exact link posted on many gaming sites now with no1 claiming to have been ripped off. plus i remember hearing awhile back they did this same thing before and gave out joust and frogger i believe. as for the privacy and terms links, they both work for me. the only problem for me is the terms say you have to be a us resident.. well im in canada.

The Pants Party
08-20-2007, 12:04 AM
You're suckers for thinking this isn't legitimate. It is. I'm running firefox and it's showing a secure page.

That made me laugh. No offense to you or the guy who made Firefox, but it's not foolproof and you're a fool for thinking it is.

Frakus
08-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Xbox 360 Console Campaign Terms and Conditions

Online offer valid in the 50 United States, D.C., and all United States military bases with valid APO/FPO bases. Offer expires September 15, 2007. You must purchase a new Xbox 360™ system between August 8, 2006 and September 15, 2007, establish a new Xbox LIVE® Account, then register on the promotion web site on or before September 15, 2007. Hard drive, Passport account, and high speed Internet access required for Xbox LIVE account. (See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com.) Limit: one offer submission per person. Xbox Live Arcade game tokens will be fulfilled through e-mail by September 30, 2007 and will be for games selected by Microsoft. Fulfillment requires a computer with e-mail and a valid email address. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates. Proof of purchase required.
To receive your free Xbox LIVE Arcade Games, please follow each of the steps below:

Acquire a new Xbox 360 system between November August 8, 2006 and September 15, 2007
Establish a new Xbox LIVE Account (Silver or Gold) with your new Xbox 360 system by September 15, 2007. Note: hard drive, Passport account, and high speed Internet access are required for an Xbox LIVE account. See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com.
Register on the promotion Web site at www.xbox.com/xbox360designreg by September 15, 2007. Provide the serial number of your new Xbox 360 system and the code you received online (in email or on the web site where you saw this offer.)
You must use the same Passport login on the promotion Web site as the one you used to establish your new Xbox LIVE Account.
If you qualify, Xbox will e-mail your free Xbox LIVE Arcade game tokens to the e-mail address you provided by September 15, 2007.Offer void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Offer not valid in any United States territory except Puerto Rico. Fraudulent submission of multiple requests and/or providing false information will disqualify submissions. Microsoft reserves the right to deny and/or disregard any submission deemed to be false or fraudulent. This form may not be reproduced or redistributed without the express written permission of Microsoft Corporation. Cash redemption value 1/100 of 1˘.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/wheretobuy/xbox360termsandconditions.htm

that is the link on xbox.com that talks about the offer so it seems legit.

jab1981
08-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Looks convincing to me... but it's hard to say. Plus my XBox is from November 05... it doesn't apply to me.

Bullet2theface
08-20-2007, 12:58 AM
can n e 1 confirm if this works?

Im a Manatee
08-20-2007, 02:01 AM
can n e 1 confirm if this works?

The only confirmation I can offer is my post above. ITS THE SAME WEBSITE!

Last holiday a similar registration link was there, and you needed your info. It was for three free arcade games.

This is also mentioned in the xbox flash email newsletter, if i'm not mistaken.

CLAPSTER
08-20-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm not trusting this on my computer it says that the certificate for being a trusted site does not exist etc.......that's enough for me to say no haha

SegaSaturnSNK
08-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Xbox 360 Console Campaign Terms and Conditions

Online offer valid in the 50 United States, D.C., and all United States military bases with valid APO/FPO bases. Offer expires September 15, 2007. You must purchase a new Xbox 360™ system between August 8, 2006 and September 15, 2007, establish a new Xbox LIVE® Account, then register on the promotion web site on or before September 15, 2007. Hard drive, Passport account, and high speed Internet access required for Xbox LIVE account. (See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com (http://www.xbox.com).) Limit: one offer submission per person. Xbox Live Arcade game tokens will be fulfilled through e-mail by September 30, 2007 and will be for games selected by Microsoft. Fulfillment requires a computer with e-mail and a valid email address. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates. Proof of purchase required.
To receive your free Xbox LIVE Arcade Games, please follow each of the steps below:
Acquire a new Xbox 360 system between November August 8, 2006 and September 15, 2007
Establish a new Xbox LIVE Account (Silver or Gold) with your new Xbox 360 system by September 15, 2007. Note: hard drive, Passport account, and high speed Internet access are required for an Xbox LIVE account. See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com (http://www.xbox.com).
Register on the promotion Web site at www.xbox.com/xbox360designreg (http://www.xbox.com/xbox360designreg) by September 15, 2007. Provide the serial number of your new Xbox 360 system and the code you received online (in email or on the web site where you saw this offer.)
You must use the same Passport login on the promotion Web site as the one you used to establish your new Xbox LIVE Account.
If you qualify, Xbox will e-mail your free Xbox LIVE Arcade game tokens to the e-mail address you provided by September 15, 2007.Offer void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Offer not valid in any United States territory except Puerto Rico. Fraudulent submission of multiple requests and/or providing false information will disqualify submissions. Microsoft reserves the right to deny and/or disregard any submission deemed to be false or fraudulent. This form may not be reproduced or redistributed without the express written permission of Microsoft Corporation. Cash redemption value 1/100 of 1˘.

that is the link on xbox.com that talks about the offer so it seems legit.

GAY! Why can't they just give it free regardless to older members and people who have older 360's? Not whining or anything, I just find that stupid. At least give a treat here and there for older members who constantly pay Microsoft money yearly as saying THANK YOU FOR USING X-LIVE! Oh well, you can't never win I guess.

austin rules
08-20-2007, 02:21 AM
screw that! im not going to make another xbox live account just for a couple arcade games

Gun-Nut
08-20-2007, 03:06 AM
Hmm well I hit sign in and after seeing the left side where it says you can sign up now has made me feel this is not legit at all! seems half a**ed if you ask me and I don't trust this, personally if this was legit I reckon it would be on the front page of xbox.com or Major Nelsons blog, I don't see why MS would hide it.

Jdm
08-20-2007, 04:39 AM
When in Doubt, leave it Out!;)

I'm not signing up for it. I'm playing it safe.

Clipse 2
08-20-2007, 05:19 AM
When looking at the link for terms and conditions if you start peeling back the pages of the website you come to this page (http://www.xbox.com:80/en-US/hardware/wheretobuy/), where at the bottom it states that for a limited time if you purchase a console they'll give you two arcade games free. From this page you can go through a "setup your system" tutorial, you can skip right to the end where it gives you a run down. It says that you can receive two free arcade games if you qualify and gives a link where to register. The link takes you to the one Wiggy originally posted above. The two free games are Frogger and Robotron: 2084. From what I can tell its totally legit and I welcome anyone to check the link I posted and go through the process yourself to verify it. A hint, when clicking to start the tutorial click Xbox 360 on the left, took me a few minutes to find the trigger.

JacePro
08-20-2007, 06:22 AM
When looking at the link for terms and conditions if you start peeling back the pages of the website you come to this page (http://www.xbox.com:80/en-US/hardware/wheretobuy/), where at the bottom it states that for a limited time if you purchase a console they'll give you two arcade games free. From this page you can go through a "setup your system" tutorial, you can skip right to the end where it gives you a run down. It says that you can receive two free arcade games if you qualify and gives a link where to register. The link takes you to the one Wiggy originally posted above. The two free games are Frogger and Robotron: 2084. From what I can tell its totally legit and I welcome anyone to check the link I posted and go through the process yourself to verify it. A hint, when clicking to start the tutorial click Xbox 360 on the left, took me a few minutes to find the trigger.

Nice work Clipse 2. I've confirmed pretty much everything. It's a legit offer. If you are a unbeliever, then do read what Clipse posted and follow the links.

Zef
08-20-2007, 11:06 AM
The two free games are Frogger and Robotron: 2084.

Another reason why you should avoid it anyway =P

DisposedCheese
08-20-2007, 11:26 AM
damn why's it between those dates.

VaRIABLE SoUL
08-20-2007, 01:08 PM
New Xbox Live Account??

wtf? what if you had an x-box and had xbox live gold since Halo 2 and now you're gonna get a 360 for Halo 3? I guess no free xbla games for you.

or ya why not give the people who pay $50 a year something free? that'd be dope

Clipse 2
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
It would be nice if it weren't based on a new account but something different such as renewing your account early. Also the fact that you have to purchase a console with in a time frame sucks also and puts those with launch consoles out of it. I really wish they would base some game promotions from game registration. I remember Nintendo doing this with the Gamecube; they released a special Zelda collection disk containing the first two from the NES and the two from the N64. I believe there were 3 specific games you had to purchase and register them then they'd send you the Zelda collection disk free of charge; thats how I got mine anyway. But as Zef stated the games aren't the best so I'm not really sweating over it, only dreaming.

solidz
08-20-2007, 02:59 PM
This website is legit, because microsoft did the exact same thing last year.

First of all the terms and condition is on xbox.com

and even the link to sign up is on microsoft game studio website which is legit.

And here even more proof http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/wheretobuy/
Which is the link clipse has confirmed.

It funny how people think its a scam even though it linked on the xbox.com website.

The reason the 2 arcade games are free is because this tricks you into registering your xbox 360. Thats why they ask for your serial number of your 360, alot of people don't usually register there 360, so this is a way to make people register, the same way as last year.

Now the reason why you had to have a 360 in less then a year, is because they did the same exact thing last year, so microsoft is not going to give gamers 2 free arcade games every year. If you miss last year offer then you miss it.

If this is anything like last year, they will give you two 400 point arcade games. I dout it will be a repeat of last year games, but you never know.

Microsoft did the exact same last year and they even did the old spice challenge later on. And last year it was not on the front page of xbox.com, microsoft would not advertise it if it something free like this.

But this is fully legit.

SteveBIRK
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
ya i used clypse method and all u have to do is give them ur email no xbox 360 serial number. i skipped that part cuz i wasnt sure about it.

oneshotbilly
08-20-2007, 06:51 PM
has anyone got their tokens yet?

codedigital
08-20-2007, 06:56 PM
It's moving you to login.live.com. It's legit.

Maka
08-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I think its legit..

Whats the worst that can happen..
All I gave is my email and Serial Number

Smokez
08-20-2007, 07:05 PM
What the heck is the campaign code

Tele-Rock
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM

Seriously? That has nothing to do with legitimacy. It just means that the web server is using SSL.

Tussell
08-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Hurry up on that answer Wriggy, I'm itching for some more points. :p

Vampire x360a
08-20-2007, 07:16 PM
This is so totally legitimate. I made $1000000000, got a free PS3, got a free iPod, and saved 15% on my car insurance. And so can you! By simply filling out your credit card number, home address, and e-mail address and sending it to Wolf@hotmail.com, I can make all of your wildest dreams come true! Call today!

haha lol class

KlicK
08-20-2007, 07:24 PM
I met the criteria perfectly..

Guess I'll get Frogger for free. Woohoo?

Smokez
08-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Well I filled out, I will let you know if I get anything

Bullet2theface
08-20-2007, 09:48 PM
post quickly, I want to know if this works! :D

Edit - I just made a free 1 month account and used that for it, It said I should get my tokens by September 30th(5 DAYS BEFORE HALO 3 OMG!!) so..We will just have to wait and see.

Smokez
08-20-2007, 10:51 PM
post quickly, I want to know if this works! :D

Edit - I just made a free 1 month account and used that for it, It said I should get my tokens by September 30th(5 DAYS BEFORE HALO 3 OMG!!) so..We will just have to wait and see.

LoL 5 Days After ;)

Krohboy
08-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Am I getting a different site, it's asking me tons of info and not even my serial number?

Bullet2theface
08-22-2007, 01:56 AM
LoL 5 Days After ;)
Sorry, the word "Halo" gets me all excited, because it is the best game ever! And it is the only place where kids who have not hit puebirty will curse nonstop because there parents are not home!!!

P.S. - I might have mispelled some words, but who cares I'm talking about Halo 3 OMGISH I MUS PLAIH:uzi:

Most Frantic
08-22-2007, 04:38 AM
It's not worth taking the chance of my gamertag getting stolen for 2 arcade games...

abartshe
08-22-2007, 02:34 PM
i actually signed in and then it asks for your name, address, and other personal information. i logged out without continuing.

Wriggy
08-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Hurry up on that answer Wriggy, I'm itching for some more points. :p

It's LEGIT.